What's new

Sheeva Matchup Chart

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
It could very well be .5 in Ermac's favor. But once I see that an Ermac is very good at teleporting to punish my fireballs, they almost always fall for the AA bait for the full 30% punish.
So would you agree with a 5.5-4.5 in Ermac's favor ?

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Yeah. I'd be down for that. Metzos, what tournaments are you going to? We have to play sometime.
I ll probably go to SVB which will be held at June in the UK. If not SVB probably EVO but thats almost impossible. We ll see. Yeah i really wanna play against many top US players, you too ofc. You are the best Sheeva player out there. Really liked your matches at FR.

GGA Jeremiah - Not one matchup in Miss Shokan's favor? :(.
I think Sheeva's a fucking menace, personally, but that's a hard hill for you and the Sheeves of the world to climb, man.
Muchos prop-os.
There is a very very small chance, but there is a possibility that Sheeva could have a slight advantage over Kenshi. Or I might be totally crazy.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
There is a very very small chance, but there is a possibility that Sheeva could have a slight advantage over Kenshi. Or I might be totally crazy.
Having nothing but contempt and frustration for fighting Kenshi, I'd be thrilled.
I'd love an excuse to go MK3 crazy and take the four-armed beauty queen for a ride against the blind.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Lol thats hilarious. A top 5 character that everyone hates gets beat by arguably worst character in the game....thats irony right there

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
I could see it being even or a slight edge for Sheeva. It's definitely possible she has the edge over Kenshi and her armor is equally scary to his armor. Plus as you said earlier, she messes up his horizontal zoning game and makes him be very particular about when he zones and uses armor, Sheeva's ability to get in cannot be emphasized enough, of course Kenshi has the downward slashes to think about as those can knock her out of telestomp, but of course picking when to stomp is a given.

I never realized how effective as a counter-zoning tool stomp is, but I've been using it a lot to blow up zoning from a great deal of characters, that move is golden:).

Lol thats hilarious. A top 5 character that everyone hates gets beat by arguably worst character in the game....thats irony right there
The funny part is several lower tier characters throw Kenshi for a loop, it's a shame nobody has explored them against Kenshi in a serious manner.

Stryker also coincidentally goes even with Kenshi and can shut down a lot of his zoning with gun cancels and roll toss, yet nobody plays him because he's "garbage". Stryker's armored roll toss to blow through Kenshi's armor and he's good to go.

I absolutely love that Sheeva of all characters can blow up his zoning attempts with telestomp or her 22% armored grab, really is amazing.

Medina4life

Media Master
Ok. This Sunday lets test it out. Make me quit her!
I'm not the best Reptile, but I truly believe it's 7-3 bro, I don't respect your frame traps because of my d4, don't respect telestomp, don't respect your armour, I can care less about your zoning. Idk bro, it's pretty bad

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
How do you feel on the LK matchup? I only play online, so don't take my judgement too seriously.

I feel it's 6-4 for Liu at best, and 5.5-4.5 for Liu at worst.
Liu has way faster normals, and fairly decent projectile(s).

I have some troubles with Sheeva online, but only because of input lag and in-general lag. She can Jumpstomp both projectiles except for iafb. She can armour through pressure.

I don't really fear Sheeva, unless if the person i'm playing with has a bad connection.

Thoughts?

How do you feel on the LK matchup? I only play online, so don't take my judgement too seriously.

I feel it's 6-4 for Liu at best, and 5.5-4.5 for Liu at worst.
Liu has way faster normals, and fairly decent projectile(s).

I have some troubles with Sheeva online, but only because of input lag and in-general lag. She can Jumpstomp both projectiles except for iafb. She can armour through pressure.

I don't really fear Sheeva, unless if the person i'm playing with has a bad connection.

Thoughts?
Yeah I have it at 4-6 for Sheeva. It is a hard fight for her. Hard to get in if she is trying to get in because of iafb, telestomps are hard to land due to his speed, and he has faster and better normals. The only thing she has is harder hitting special moves but those are hard to land.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
I'd say these are pretty accurate from my mediocre experience with Sheeva, Kung Lao, Mileena, Kitana, Smoke, Sektor, Cyrax are all pretty bad matches, I'm almost thinking Noob is as bad or maybe worse than 4-6,

Noob also seems really bad to me, his upshadows stop telestomps easily as well as his teleslam can be done on reaction to grab you out of the air . He can seemingly stay out of range of her ex bf3 and ex low grab by just spamming upshadow because he leans low and back but maybe online is just playing tricks on my perception.

I'm not sure if upshadow goes under her fireball because it goes under a few characters but hers is pretty low. Either way I tried her fireball and got teleslammed on reaction every time because the recovery is so slow. Even b2 can't seem to reach him when he's doing upshadow. I have as little answers for him as Mileena or Kung Lao it seems.

As you mentioned earlier too. Kenshi doesn't seem like that bad of a match up for her, I actually find it an easier win with Sheeva than Sonya, Jax, or Cage against him

Death

Noob
What do u think about Sheeva/Mileena being 8-2? That MU seems worse than 7-3. What do you think Jeremiah.

To
What do u think about Sheeva/Mileena being 8-2? That MU seems worse than 7-3. What do you think Jeremiah.
To be honest I have not played against a high level mileena yet. It could be an 8-2. If that is true then she will have other 8-2s. When I'm at a computer I think I will do a write up on why Sheeva is bad. She can still find wins and is totally fine on some MUs but it is a must to not be her on any 3-7s unless you can gimmick it out.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
We can start playing the Sheeva vs Mileena MU Thursday. I think it's probably easier than Kitana.

peachyO

Noob
i feel sheeva is vastly underestimated. she is not as slow as many would think, and her raw power, unblockables, and armor can negate many foes' advantages. with the games strongest projectile, special moves, and regular strings, she is no easy win for anyone. i personally don't have too much trouble against mileena, and certainly not kenshi...it is baraka and raiden that offer the most trouble for me. i do wish sheeva was quicker, though, and i sincerely hope she will appear in the next game with added speed.

Death

Noob
I don't see how cage isnt an 8-2 matchup against sheeva.
Sheeva has armor. Any character with armor whether they suck or have a big hitbox helps against Cage. Its still bad but 8-2 means Sheeva has no option while she obviously does which is safe armor.

Telestomp shenanigans help alot with JC unless you are Dizzy and figured a cheap way out. And anytime I have meter I can get out of frametraps for 22% damage. At absolute worst it is a 3-7 against the Sheeves.

peachyO

Noob
Sheeva has armor. Any character with armor whether they suck or have a big hitbox helps against Cage. Its still bad but 8-2 means Sheeva has no option while she obviously does which is safe armor.
this is exactly right. cage's projectile is punishable with a jump stomp, and that annoying nut punch can be punished with a low grab. it's a rough match but sheeva CAN take it; she is by no means helpless.

Sheeva's long ranged pokes means Cage's can't mindlessly spam D4 and F3 mid screen.

She has the zoning advantage which really just means JC can jump over the first Fireball and dash, woosh he's mid screen but that means you can bait him. He has to come to you!

If he has predictable patterns with low pokes, abuse that with enlow grab and pretty much just randomly spam enBF3 for F3 spam. Of course she has he entelestomp but that leaves you relatively close. to JC.

I don't think it's that bad at all.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Kitana worse than mileena? I mean, I main both kitana and mileena, and they both destroy sheeva, but I always felt that mileena blew her up worse than kitana, as in Mil v Sheeva 8-2 and kit v Sheeva 7-3. Thoughts?