What's new

Sheeva Guide - Four Arms > Two

Somberness

Lights
No problem, this is great guide and I wanted to contribute something. :)

I don't know about that low kick advantage, Sheeva's f3 and b2 appears to completely stuff Mileena's d4 and even if you time/space it wrong, you only eat 3% damage. The reward for Sheeva is so much higher... B2 leads to 28%, f3 isn't immediately useful at that range. You can catch the Mileena player trying to block a b2 after a d4 and you might be able to get close enough for a free f3~low grab attempt. Also, I'm pretty sure her dash is fast enough to dash in, take the hit from a d4 and get an enhanced grab attempt. "Attempt" because it connects perhaps randomly during Mileena's kick animation. You can even just whiff a d3 or something or dash in and block to bait a roll or jump. I don't see a reason to jump as Sheeva too much and if Mileena even had an advantage in this matchup, it would not be from that range. But as I don't play Sheeva, I could be wrong here! I'd play you but I'm so terrible at this game that it would not prove anything. :eek:

If you throw out a B2/F3 out of the blue, as in not on opponents knockdown and they don't jump it, they have bad reactions. B2 Might work if Mileena miscalculates the range and does a whiffed D4 and you immediately do a B2, you'll at the very least be right in her face.

After a D4 Mileena can also dash in throw/42/B3/D3/F4.

What I do is after she does a D4 (At max range), dash, block low, then go from there, usually with a dash D3 into throw or something.

Somberness

Lights
Yeah, you can't just assume they are going to go for a low poke but it's rare that a Mileena player won't go for at least 2 of them.

Is her d4 really that effective from that range (beyond Sheeva's d4) to start an offense without using specials? Although sai would be really good to link from it from that far away. Her throw has horrible range even though her hands go through them. That's always bothered me that other characters have such good ranges for throws.

I'm just talking about the extra distance beyond Sheeva's d4, it's not really THAT much greater. I do agree that her mixups options are better but they are still slow enough to react to unless she throws out an enhanced roll. But she has to be so unsafe to do that. :(

Big Frog

Noob
VERY rare, XXZ. Most go for at least 3 if not more. BBB has the right idea in D3'ing your way to a throw.

Hmm. Cages Nut Punch ends in down, just like Mileenas Roll. I'm going to see if I can get someone to test it on for possible Low Grab punisher.

Somberness

Lights
Hmm. Cages Nut Punch ends in down, just like Mileenas Roll. I'm going to see if I can get someone to test it on for possible Low Grab punisher.
It does? Just BARELY, I tested it using the armor to absorb the hit but it always seemed to miss, the range or timing seems pretty strict. You can't even come close to doing it on block so it won't be of any good. However, I did find out she can quickly dash 1 or 2 to punch nut punish. Yes, I reversed those words on purpose.

Big Frog

Noob
I've tried hitting the Low Grab after Nut Punch and can never get it. This could be another buff as she should be able to get it you know because...he is on the ground. Don't even get me started on the Anti-Air grab...

Updated the first post listing who can get hit by the last hit of 212F1.

You might be surprised at some of the results. I know I was :). Particularly Kitana and Sindel.

If someone could test the 4 DLC characters as well, I would be much obliged. ♡

Big Frog

Noob
Sorry for double post but...

During crouch block:

Scarlet is corner only while blocking (hits if she's crouching but not blocking)
Kenshi always gets hit by it
Rain always gets hit by it
Freddy always gets hit by it

Not sure how I didn't think of this before.

One dash back from the corner:

212F1 Fireball dash D1 (Optional) 212F1 Grab N Punch - 42%

Big Frog

Noob
Love it. I never remember to do Fireballs after 212F1. I'm soo used to getting the GnP. I will start doing that one though. Great combo.

Love it. I never remember to do Fireballs after 212F1. I'm soo used to getting the GnP. I will start doing that one though. Great combo.
Sometimes I completely mess it up, because in stages like The Desert it's hard to tell where exactly the corner is so I whiff it completely. :(

And something I'm starting to take for granted as I play a few other characters is how good her uppercut actually is.

What I mean is, not that much of the cast gets a combo after a cross up AA uppercut, and Sheeva gets a nice 29% from it.

And in the corner she gets up to 40%, from just a normal AA uppercut.

Big Frog

Noob
Yeah exactly. I always go for the main one which seems to land more. 1,2,B1, 1,2,B1, 2,1,2,F1, Ex GnP.

and I actually meant to post that in the buff thread when they were talking about the uppercut. I don't know how many agree, but her uppercut is really, really good. I get hate mail a lot just because of that. I get hate mail in general because of Sheeva, but I swear I've gotten a few messages complaining that I spam her uppercut. It's amazing how good it is.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
Can someone confirm that the command throws really aren't unbreakable? I'm pretty sure I remember having the computer break a combo the moment my command throw hit.

They're unbreakable.

They can break the very last hit of the normal command throw, but it still does it's complete damage. If that makes sense. Basically if they break the command throw, they're wasting their meter.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
They're unbreakable.

They can break the very last hit of the normal command throw, but it still does it's complete damage. If that makes sense. Basically if they break the command throw, they're wasting their meter.
So after a launcher, any command throw is guaranteed. The opponent cannot break the initial grab or any damage that comes from after the initial throw connects, with the exception of grab n punch bf4 where the damage will still happen.

I'm not sure if online attributes to this, but I've been able to actually AA uppercut and dash D1 Grab N Punch, without the opponent being crossed up from the uppercut.

Finally, a benefit for having a high hitbox!
I'm not even sure it's that. Her uppercut recovery is very fast. Go to practice, set the opponent to jump and always block. Then, do her uppercut and as soon as it hits turn block off. Both of you should jump at the same time.

Now, when someone like Sonya does this, the opponent always gets to jump first, meaning she's at a disadvantage.

ive noticed something about the b2,1+2,bf3 string: the bf3 will whiff if the opponents face the same direction, like both have their back or their front towards the screen. it only will connect if they face opposite directions. tested this on jade dunno bout other chars.