What's new

Sheeva grab trick and anti air q's

ToX

Noob
What's sheeva's best turtling anti air? Her uppercut or anti air throw.

Also, when you throw forward with sheeva, can you safely follow up with a 212 f1 bf3?

peachyO

Noob
After a fwd throw you can dash f3 special or b2 1+2 or 4 special as long as they don't wake up attack you or jump.
Or even another fwd throw lol that one's funny. 212 and 12b1 can be ducked so I wouldn't wanna try that.
As for her aa it depends I guess on who you're playing against. Her uppercut has good range
but is slower and less damaging than her aa grab so it's up to you.
STB Espio what do you think?
your post is, as usual, brilliant and correct. i feel the AA grab should be the counter of choice over the uppercut. more damaging, faster, and safer; you can EN it for armor if you are afraid of screwing up the timing. whiffing AA from a distance can be a good way to build meter as well, now that i think about it.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
I need to look at the frame data advantage to determine what she can follow up with after her throw ToX. This sounds like Kitana's OTG after a forward throw, but not sure.

How I react depends on what my opponent does, not really guaranteed stuff, but it does work sometimes like forward 3 into set up of choice like Sindelia mentioned or other options, most of this is gauging your opponet's reaction on knockdown, mix it up a lot to keep them guessing.

After a fwd throw you can dash f3 special or b2 1+2 or 4 special as long as they don't wake up attack you or jump.
Or even another fwd throw lol that one's funny. 212 and 12b1 can be ducked so I wouldn't wanna try that.
As for her aa it depends I guess on who you're playing against. Her uppercut has good range
but is slower and less damaging than her aa grab so it's up to you.
STB Espio what do you think?
I'm sorry, I'm all over the place lately and have been gone a lot this whole week for various reasons.

I use them both a lot for anti-air, but I'm more of an uppercut person, I suppose you could say lol. It's a matter of preference, really. Although Peachy makes excellent points for Anti-air grab as a preferred option.

your post is, as usual, brilliant and correct. i feel the AA grab should be the counter of choice over the uppercut. more damaging, faster, and safer; you can EN it for armor if you are afraid of screwing up the timing. whiffing AA from a distance can be a good way to build meter as well, now that i think about it.

These are all good points in favor of anti-air grab, couldn't agree more.

Good idea for meter building most definitely, this is also Sheeva's teabag to gain meter for the next round move, love it and will start using it for that lol. I have a move like that for all my characters, aside from Sheeva, now I do, thanks :).

lazybird123

Purple Belt in BJJ, White Belt in MK
I've been using 4~Grab as an anti-air, I find her uppercut to be too inconsistent and the rang on her anti-air grab is really bad. I've been using the anti-air grab as a footsy tool when my opponent tries to jump over my down 4