What's new

"Shang Tsung" actor, Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa set to return for Mortal Kombat Legacy Season III

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
The fan-favorite Shang Tsung actor, who made his debut as Shang Tsung in the 1995 film "Mortal Kombat" has returned for Mortal Kombat Legacy, a web-series that began with Kevin Tancharoen directing it. Since the second season we've heard very little as far as updates with the exception of Blue Ribbon Content working on the series. Read more here, but be warned... possible spoilers.

Just yesterday, Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa confirmed via twitter that he will be returning for Mortal Kombat Legacy Season 3. It is unclear what direction season 3 will take at this point. Will it continue from Legacy season 2 or will it take a different path?

carymkl3.png

Source: @CARYHTAGAWA via MortalKombatOnline

Attachments

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
Having him play as Sh. Tsung is great news...
Having Garrett Warren (MK Legacy 2 stunt co-ordinator) as its director is not good news at all...
Especially if you consider that MK Legacy's ONLY "ok" fight scenes were a) drunk Kang VS random low lives & b) Ermac-Kenshi.
Anyway, since it seams that this "Legacy 3" is most likely going to be MKX-related, I wonder if they're EVER going to finish that season 2 cliffhanger...

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Wait, was Season 2 really that bad? I watched Season 1 and thought it was really good but never got around to Season 2.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Sweet, hope they use him for the new movie soon before he's too old. He may have to use more sorcery since he's not a young guy anymore.

Season 2 wasn't horrible, I just liked Season 1 more. I look forward to Season 2 MK Legacy.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
It has some cool moments but as a series it's just sucks imo season 1 and 2
I agree with this on a few levels. I do appreciate the different approach on the stories and the fact that it draws more attention to the franchise, but when I think about what I liked the MOST out of all of it, I think:
1. The "Mortal Kombat Rebirth" trailer, it blew everyone away
2. The Cyrax, Sektor, Hydro fight
3. Sub-Zero vs Scorpion

There were some cool moments, but the weakest IMO that come to mind are Raiden's... for sure.

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
I agree with this on a few levels. I do appreciate the different approach on the stories and the fact that it draws more attention to the franchise, but when I think about what I liked the MOST out of all of it, I think:
1. The "Mortal Kombat Rebirth" trailer, it blew everyone away
2. The Cyrax, Sektor, Hydro fight
3. Sub-Zero vs Scorpion

There were some cool moments, but the weakest IMO that come to mind are Raiden's... for sure.
Rebirth would have so much better just for the fact it didn't have fantasy elements. Legacy looks the worst when they leave "Earthrealm" because they don't have a good enough budget or technique to make it look good.