What's new

SFF | Cav Wins YSB #33

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
York Street Battles (YSB) is the monthly fighting game tournament run in Sydney, Australia at Level 2, 99 York St Sydney.

Although we were missing heaps of people we still managed to run a tournament of 15 with a couple of first timers in the mix. And speaking of first timers, big BIG thank you to Wayne and Seto for coming along and joining in. Hope you guys had a good time and hope you make this a reoccurring thing. To everyone else on the fence about coming out to a YSB, I urge you now more than ever to make the decision to come out AT LEAST ONCE. You don't even have to play in the tournament if you feel it's a bit too much. Plenty of set ups and casuals happening so you can just enjoy that. I know it in my mind and heart that you will most definitely enjoy what we have to offer. Top 8 can be found below:

1) Cav (Sassy Cassie - Brawler)
2) Cabjoy (Queen of the Bugs, You are free to Summoner Quan Chi, Everyone)
3) Vlad (Ex Gotcha grab - Pumped up)
4) Ghost Police (Make way for Kotal Kahn - War God)
5) BK sama ("Thunder God Raiden is an unviable character")
5) x5_fithAlucard (Spin footsies - Tempest)
7) Spikey (Touch of death Quan Chi - Summoner)
7) Wenzo (The struggle is real Reptile - Noxious)

Stream archive can be found here:
http://www.twitch.tv/goodpart/v/6915671

Congrats on Cav for notching his first YSB win. Congrats to Cabjoy in second place all the way from Wollongong. Congrats to last YSB's winner Vlad on a solid third placing. Special mention to Wenzo making top 8 with Centrelink Reptile on his first appearance at YSB. Keep it up my man.

Next YSB will be as usual on the first Saturday of the month. So that's on the 1st of August. Make sure to come out and get some practice for the following month's national tournament OHN.

Credit goes to Youseff for the majority of this write-up.

For anyone looking to get into the Australian Mortal Kombat scene, or just the Australian fighting game scene in general, feel free to message me here on TYM and I'll try and hook you up with your local scene.

Attachments

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
I need the actual variations on 3 and 5. Edit: Thanks. I continued the theme of nicknames and added the colors :).

Last edited:

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Yes very familiar with Googie haha. He's from Melbourne, same state as me. We play each other frequently.
Lol cool. When Kitana Prime told me an Aussie Cassie was plowing through pools with Brawler, I was like "WTF, Panic Mode didn't say he was coming!!!"

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Lol cool. When Kitana Prime told me an Aussie Cassie was plowing through pools with Brawler, I was like "WTF, Panic Mode didn't say he was coming!!!"
Hahaha if I didn't have uni, I would be there in the states right now. Really holding out of for next year :)

Told ya brawler was legit.

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Hahaha if I didn't have uni, I would be there in the states right now. Really holding out of for next year :)

Told ya brawler was legit.
I didn't doubt it being good in the overall spectrum of things, but Cassie's other variations, and the ridiculous pre nerf Erron at the time, gave me no reason to use it. Just a personal opinion.