What's new

Senor Abram Wins MKATX #26 w/ Footage

RyuuJin882

Twitch.tv/ryuujin882
5/14/2016
Austin, Tx

1. Senor Abram (Shirai Ryu Takeda)
2. Vibu (Shaolin Kung Jin)
3. DrGoodBear (FF Liu Kang, Tempest Kung Lao)

There were a number of hurdles that we had to overcome last night, not the least of which was switching venues mid tournament. Because of the delays two players had to leave before they could finish their matches. However, we had the biggest turnout of the year so far, with at least 3 new faces also. Most importantly, everyone had fun! Check out more below:

If you ever had any doubt, know that Senor Abram is legit. His strong footsies, game knowledge & reads carried him quickly to Winners Finals. Meanwhile, ATP stuck with his decision NOT to use Alien all tournament but instead play his secondary characters. Vibu would make ATP pay the price and secured himself a spot in Winner's Finals also. On the Losers side Izzzzymode & myself ripped through our respective sides of the bracket. But where Izzzzy fell to DrGoodBear, I succeeded against ATP's terrible ( :p ) Blood God. Loser's Semis was myself vs DrGoodBear. Instead of Ronin, I counter picked with my in-progress Brawler Cassie. It was more than competitive this time but DrGoodBear outplayed me and got a spot in Losers Finals.

Winners Finals was a clean mopping of our sombrero embattled Vibu by Senor Abram. As quick as Winners Finals was Vibu made even faster work of DrGoodBear in Losers Finals. To DrGoodBear's credit, he did take a game but could not make the overall comeback.

Grand Finals Senor Abram (W) vs Vibu (L)
To my surprise Vibu actually made this set competitive. In game 5 round 3 it all came down to the last reads. However, Senor Abram clutched it without Vibu resetting. Close but no cigar for Vibu...at least he still has his sombrero!

Next Time...
It's our Season 2 Finals! Will ATP continue to sandbag or will he actually play to win? Will Reign's weeks of trash talk prove to be legit or fraudulent? Will Vibu grow out a real mustache to match his new hat? Find out in our next episode!

Bracket
http://challonge.com/mkatx26
Archive
(watch the 3rd set, Rage v Vibu, for a good laugh)

@Dust
@DaZengie
@ATP2014
@Anonymiz
@Lovein60FPS
@Dabluprint4
@JerzeyReign

Attachments