What's new

Season's Beatings 4: Daigo in OHIO - New Crack City - Oct. 16-18 '09 - Columbus

Tim Static

Adminerator
Original post is here: http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=193466

***********************Godlike Productions presents:**************************

Seasons Beatings 4: New Crack City
Exactly one year after the world’s greatest MvC2 tournament, old faces and new fighters clash in Columbus, Ohio, in a hype atmosphere for fighters not seen since the '90s. Whether your Crack is SFIV, Maaaahval, BlazeBlue, Smash or even all the way back to UMK, you best believe the competion is going to be one hot dose ... Don't Sleep.

DAIGO VS. JUSTIN is on!!!!

Daigo Umehara will be traveling to the U.S. for Season's Beatings 4 to again face off against Justin Wong and the best of America.

EVO 2009 RUNBACK: After one of the hypest Street Fighter matches ever at Evo this year, Daigo and Justin will face off in a First-to-10 SFIV exhibition at SB4. Will the payout be in yen or dollars?? See the epic runback this October, only in O-H-I-O -- this event WILL NOT BE STREAMED.

And maybe you'll have a chance to TEST YOUR MIGHT against the infamous beast unleashed in tournament -- see how you face against a true legend. Witness this next chapter in one of the most exciting matchups in gaming history IN PERSON this October.

We also like to announce that Seb representing Frame-Advantage.Com will be providing the following for those who cannot attend:

- Live stream (Direct Feed + Live cameras + Brackets)
- Match Commentary - By EVO/CAPCOM staff Legend Seth Killian along with Skisonic
- HQ Match Recording/Re-Upload Afterwards

Date:
Friday, Oct. 16; Saturday, Oct 17; Sunday, Oct 18 - 2009

2895 Olentangy River Rd.
Columbus, OH 43202
(NO outside food or drinks allowed --There is a full grill and beverage bar including alcohol for those 21+)

Directions:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=&daddr=2895+Olentangy+River+Rd.+Columbus,+OH+43202&hl=en&geocode=&mra=ls&sll=37.579413,-95.712891&sspn=40.488986,89.472656&ie=UTF8&z=16"]Google Maps[/URL]

Event pics:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v650/GhaleonUnlimited/SeasonsBeatings/"]Were you there?[/URL]
And check Preppy's site for a taste of the 2008 Marvel hype: http://www.youtube.com/user/zachdms"]Preppy's YouTube Channel[/URL]

REGISTRATION is now LIVE go here SeasonsBeatingsIV:NewCrackCity and sign up for the craziest SB to date.

The cut off date for online registration is Tues Oct 13th at 11:59pm. Friday Oct 16th will be reserved for last minute walk up registration which will be a $35 venue fee so we strongly encourage EVERYONE to register online before the cutoff date.

Get Your Reservations:

Red Roof Inn Columbus – The Ohio State University
Same plaza as the venue
Reservations
441 Ackerman Road
Columbus, OH 43202
614-267-9941

Fairfield Inn & Suites - Columbus OSU
This hotel is across the street from the venue
3031 Olentangy River Road
Columbus, Ohio 43202
Phone: 614-267-1111
Fax: 614-267-0904
Sales: 614-267-1111 ext. 2003
Sales Fax: 614-267-0904

University Plaza Hotel & Conference Center
Also located across the street from the venue
3110 Olentangy River Rd.
Columbus, Ohio 43202
Phone: 614-267-7461
Toll Free: 877-OS-PLAZA (877-677-5292)
Fax: 614- 456-1157

$25 venue fee
All tournaments are $10 entry (besides $5 UMK3)
Doors open at 10 a.m. on Saturday/Sunday, and 5 p.m. on Friday.
$35 venue fee for last-minute reg -- will begin at 1 p.m. on Fri.

Remember to include real name, SRK name, your home location, and games to be played in your online payment. )

Last minute Live Registration will be on Friday 1 p.m. - 6 p.m.

Friday:

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike (PS2) - 7 p.m.
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (Arcade) - 7 p.m.
Melty Blood Actress Again (PS2) - 8 p.m.
-- SFIV (PS3) 3-on-3 teams. 9 p.m. - (Registration on site) --

-- Marvel High-Stakes Grudge Match – TOTALTOANAGE VS. FANATIQ FT10 - 9 p.m.-- Pending

Saturday:

Street Fighter IV (PS3) - 11 a.m.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii) - Noon
Guilty Gear: Accent Core (PS2) - Noon
BlazBlue (PS3) - 3 p.m.
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (DC) – 3 p.m.
Street Fighter II: HD Remix (PS3) - 7:30 p.m.

Dinner Break 5:30 - 6:30 p.m.

MAIN EVENT– DAIGO VS. JUSTIN FT10 SFIV - 9 p.m.

Sunday –

Finals Top 8 HDR-BB-SF4

Payouts will be 70/20/10

Those of you who know us know that we are strictly business. So there will be NO mishandling of funds, waiting on checks to clear, 3rd-party mishaps, low-turnout excuses, etc. You will leave with the MONEY you win!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rules:

All tournaments will be double-elimination; 2/3 matches; 3/5 winner's/loser's finals; 4/7 GF.

This is a BYOC (Bring Your Own Controller/Converter/Joystick) event. It is strongly discouraged that you share your stick/pad with anyone during the tournaments. The 3-min rule is strongly in effect, Meaning if you are called for a match and cannot report for it due to waiting on YOUR equipment, the losers bracket awaits you after 3 minutes. Also the SB/Momos staff is not responsible for lost or stolen equipment, so please KEEP a close eye on your belongings at all times. In regards to convertors for any system, we strongly advise EVERYONE to bring your own converter if your pad/stick requires it and to be cautious to lending out. We will not be providing them because they are rare and always come up missing.

The following rules apply:

If the start button is hit or a malfunction with your equipment occurs, causing the game to pause or reset during a match within the first 5 secs, the match WILL be restarted. However if after that point then your opponent will have the opportunity to take the 1st win or reset the match, advantage or not.

Button mapping is allowed. Button macros are allowed (3P/3K). Program pads or right-analog-special mapping in BB is banned.

SFIV - Winner keeps the same character.

SF:HD - Winner keeps the same character, Akuma is banned.

3S - Winner keeps the same character, but can change super art. Loser can change everything. JUDGEMENT CANNOT DECIDE A MATCH!!

MvC2 - No game-breaking glitches (you know what they are); Juggs' glitch allowed. Winner keeps the SAME team/SAME order (but switch glitch allowed to choose SAME ORDER you won with). Loser can change everything.

Smash Brothers Brawl
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=230481"]Smash Boards Standard Rules[/URL]

Don't miss a chance to test your mettle against the biggest names in fighting games.

Let us know in this thread if you plan to attened, but remember that the mandatory online pre-registration is the only pre-registration we are recording, in order to manage our funds, eliminate long lines on tournament morning, and fill out brackets in advance to start ON TIME

More info soon. Any questions, post here or PM fugee or Ghaleon.

Please let us know if you can provide TVs/systems. With the huge interest we're going to again need the community's help on providing systems/TVs. We'll provide all the space needed.

Thanks to all for the continued support -- esp all the road warriors making the trip to Columbus. We look forward to seeing everyone again -- and plenty of newcomers with SFIV out in force. -gdlk

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I'd love to take part in one of these live tourneys, just wish MK2 was an option.

Dreamcatcher

EFL Founder
I was 100%, now I'm 0% because of

1. money, or lack thereof
2. no ride
3. no motivation
4. I'm a goddamn RA with too many plans and obligations

Tim Static

Adminerator
http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?p=7698568#post7698568

UMK3 @ SB4

First off, big thanks to my close friend, Karen Clayton for stepping up to help me get the cab there after my buddy came down with the flu and couldnt help me this weekend. (get better, Tom!)

2nd, big BIG THANKS to Lucky Day for making the control panel almost new. Couldnt have done it without you bro. I owe you big time!

3rd. HUGE thanks to Fugee and Ghaleon for their love and commit to this yearly get together, but there love for UMK3 too. I promised them last year I'd have this cab up there for SBIV, and it happened. Those 2 guys are beyond awesome.

Lastly, without the players, it wouldnt have happened. Thanks to those who drove from Chicago to play MK. Thats the type of dedication that makes me giddy with excitement. Its always an honor to have Lex there, but to Johnny Cakes and to good ol' LONG ISLAND, iloveu JOE. It was an honor my friend. Thank you for being such an awesome sport as you went from about every area in the building! THANKS TO ALL!!

Here is the final rankings of the tourney held on October 16, 2009 - The SB4 UMK3 Championship:

1. Lex
2. iloveu joe
3. Jakki
4. JohnnyCakes
5. FLoE
6. Calm Warrior
7. Tim Static
8. Moses
9. Lucky Day
10. Larry

Again, thanks to all. Props to www.UltimateMK.com , www.ShoRyuKen.com , www.ClassicMK.com & www.MortalKombatUnited.com

See you next year, at Seasons Beatings 5!!

10/17/2009

iloveu joe beat Tim Static in a First to 10 for $100, 10-4.