What's new

Video/Tutorial - Inferno Scorpion's high damage pseudo vortex

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts

It's not really a vortex, because it can be armored out of, but after the TP you're +18. Some attacks can beat the overhead if they input fast enough, so it might just be better to go with b32f2 if you're playing against someone who has you downloaded, but then it's not really a vortex because it ends the combo. The over head will still work if they don't try to attack or their attack is too slow immediately after the TP, but it's a little risky which is why this isn't a true vortex, but it's pretty damn close, and it's nice to leave them in a standing reset where you're +18 regardless.

I tried to get Takeda to back dash after the reset to see if that would free him, and it either doesn't, or I'm bad at practice mode.

This can also be done using Hellfire variation, by ending with Flame Aura, but you get less damage (even with Flame Aura on) and your zoning options are just generally better with Inferno. The only thing that Hellfire has over Inferno from what I can tell is that you can Ex Hellfire after most of your combos for a free 9% extra damage but ain't nobody got that kind of meter laying around.