What's new

Scorpion and Sub-Zero in MKX

ryublaze

Noob
Now that we've seen the MKX trailer it looks like both of these characters will be playable. I know the trailer is just a cinematic trailer but we can still speculate how they will play. I will be maining both Sub and Scorp since I mained them in MK9 and I hope they get buffed in the next game. What would you guys like to see for these 2 characters?

Scorpion:
- I would like his d3 poke to be fixed and have it + on hit.
- Flip Kick to be a special move
- Air spear, i don't really care for but it looks badass in the trailer
- If he's a vortex character again then maybe make his overhead safer

Sub-Zero:
- EX Iceball to not disappear if sub's hit, maybe increase damage or size of blast
- Ground freeze to be faster, though i wouldn't mind if it was replaced with a new special
- EX Ice clone instead of making a longer lasting clone maybe make it a parry like CSZ

MKX Trailer for reference:

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Now that we've seen the MKX trailer it looks like both of these characters will be playable. I know the trailer is just a cinematic trailer but we can still speculate how they will play. I will be maining both Sub and Scorp since I mained them in MK9 and I hope they get buffed in the next game. What would you guys like to see for these 2 characters?

Scorpion:

Sub-Zero:
- EX Iceball to not disappear if sub's hit, maybe increase damage or size of blast
- Ground freeze to be faster, though i wouldn't mind if it was replaced with a new special
- EX Ice clone instead of making a longer lasting clone maybe make it a parry like CSZ

Give sub his netherrealm buffed powers
Freeze on contact
Deep freeze (stay frozen longer and slowly takes damage while frozen)
Polar blast

Scorpion needs a few new powers, maybe an ability to fake out the punches of the teleports since they track now.

Or another fire espectral move.

ryublaze

Noob
I'm hoping we can combo off of pokes either through special cancels or short links in MKX tbh.
every1 would have 2 lows to combo off of though, unless they made d3 a sweep like in injustice (d4 being sweep would make more sense).

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.

Scorpion:

Sub-Zero:

Ice showers too...

Sub-Zero:
HELL NO!!!

NO WAY SHOULD EX CLOSE BE A PARRY! It should be a clone lol.. Parry sucks..

1. EX Ice Blast doesnt disappear when SZ is hit. The beam stops but what is on screen continues. EX Ice beam also keeps airborne opponents frozen for the same amount of time as ground opponents.

2. EX Clone has less/no proximity and armor breaks but remains blockable.

3. Who cares about ice puddle. You cant have Ice Clone be as effective as it is AND have a faster Ice Puddle. id rather sacrifice the puddle for a clone.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
I'm hoping we can combo off of pokes either through special cancels or short links in MKX tbh.
Can you imagine how broke Smoke would be if he could combo D4 xx Smoke Bomb, or how dumb D4 xx Cartwheel would have been?

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
HELL NO!!!

1. EX Ice Blast doesnt disappear when SZ is hit. The beam stops but what is on screen continues. EX Ice beam also keeps airborne opponents frozen for the same amount of time as ground opponents.

3. Who cares about ice puddle. You cant have Ice Clone be as effective as it is AND have a faster Ice Puddle. id rather sacrifice the puddle for a clone.
Just do away with the puddle no? no one ever used it outside of trolling or back when we could use it for the reset ...

Crathen

Death is my business
Can you imagine how broke Smoke would be if he could combo D4 xx Smoke Bomb, or how dumb D4 xx Cartwheel would have been?
That's what balanced is supposed to do , not every character has to be treated the same.

Risk / reward has to be adequate and not blinsly follow the supposed rules of the game.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
HELL NO!!!

Glad you are back! Dont ever leave us again pls Lord Brady!

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
why would you say you dont care for a Air Spear? That will definitely help Scorp A LOT in MK10. As an opponent you cant just duck and wait for a tele now you gotta worry a little about getting speared when Scorp leaves the ground...

Error

DF2+R2
I feel like it would end up being a lot of the same thing.
Only if NRS goes the safe meterless launcher route again, which they did away with for the most part in Injustice. I'm guessing won't be as prevalent as they were in MK9.

ryublaze

Noob
why would you say you dont care for a Air Spear? That will definitely help Scorp A LOT in MK10. As an opponent you cant just duck and wait for a tele now you gotta worry a little about getting speared when Scorp leaves the ground...
i'm sure it would help a lot and would def be annoying like harley's air guns lol. idk might depend on what they do to his teleport