What's new

Strategy - Erron Black Sage Talks About: F2

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
If you can't watch the video, all I say is that f2 is a good mid.
Combos shown in the video are here. (Pretend they're orange.)

Midscreen meterless: f24, d3~Tackle/Slide
Midscreen 1 bar: f24~EXMid Sand Grenade, 21122~Tackle
Corner: f24, d1, 11, 21122~Tackle

F24 is -2. F242 is -7 and leaves you at jump distance. F24 jails into EXSG.

Why not use f3? F3 is -5 and also jails into EXSG.
Well, here's why. F2 has the same (if not microscopically superior) range, f24 does more chip, is hit-confirmable, and launches in the corner.

Food for thought.

omooba

fear the moobs
i honestly haven't seen a single erron black post patch. would love to have a set with you man

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
F2 is often my match starter. I use f2 coin/exsg etc as a nice meaty on hkd. F2 gun cancel in marksman is decent as people don't really expect you canceling out it. Nice vid @Sage Leviathan!

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
I think if you take out the 4 and just do f2 exsg then f2 db4 run cancel 21122 sand tackle it's roughly 35 percent. I'm just spit balling here, I need to test it.

Addhad

GOD OF EARTHRELM
Ppl should really take more advantage of f24 its sooo good in the corner and ppl like to jump out a lot after it so you can njp... They block the njp? Well it's plus bc this is mkx ur turn now

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
Thanks Sage for shedding a little bit of light on this character! As I know about 95% of Erron Black players nowadays are Gunslinger only players and im probably one of few that still prefers Marksman over it (I play Gunslinger for MUs only), I wanted to show what F2 can do for Marksman as well as a couple other universal utilities for it.

Extra Notes Not Shown in this Video:
- After a Command Grab ender, F2 can stuff all of Lao's spin wakeups except for Tempest EX Spin.
- F2 cannot stop Mileena's meterless Ball Roll after a Command Grab ender. Can only stuff it after a Slide ender.
- F2 cannot stop Predator's EX Lasers after a Command Grab ender. Can only stuff it after a Slide ender.
- F2 after a D1 on hit is capable of stuffing low profiling pokes. Tested on Mileena's D3.
- F2 and F24 are great counterpokes to D4s, especially characters that like to mash afterwards on block like Scorpion, SZ, D'Bitchah, Kung Lao, and Johnny. If they mash, they will get hit for full combo.
- F2 can stuff Cassie meterless Flip wakeup.

CaptainCM

Certified trash
- F2 after a D1 on hit is capable of stuffing low profiling pokes. Tested on Mileena's D3.
D1 on hit jails into 21122. There are no benefits to using F2 in this situation.

Regarding combos off of f24~EX bf3: if you have stamina, you can add s1 or b1 (also adds 1% damage) after the sand grenade for 100% consistency on 21122. You can get f24~21122 for a bit better corner carry, but the timing is quite strict and the damage is the same.

Last edited:
Thanks Sage for shedding a little bit of light on this character! As I know about 95% of Erron Black players nowadays are Gunslinger only players and im probably one of few that still prefers Marksman over it (I play Gunslinger for MUs only), I wanted to show what F2 can do for Marksman as well as a couple other universal utilities for it.
I use to play only Marksman. Because of the stamina changes I mostly play only Gunslinger now.
If you're US, would you like to play a bit? My internet is not the best, but hopefully it'll be serviceable.