What's new

RM Biohazard Wins CECC2!

What sounds better?

• Total voters

cR Biohazard

Team Torr
RM Biohazard Wins CECC2

“Let me show you how it’s done!”

Canadian East Coast Championship 2, held at the Ontario Science Center, brought out players from both the Toronto and Montreal scenes, clashing to see which scene would reign supreme in Injustice. With most of the pool matches being played on EGEOfficial’s stream, we saw MTL begin to fall one by one until only Ecodus’ Catwoman remained. Would he be able to hold it down for Montreal?

We skip to top 8 and see the last match of winner’s final, C88 Gunshow vs. RM HoneyBee on stream. Gunshow takes the first game off of HoneyBee with his Zod but HoneyBee quickly turns it around and beats Gunshow 3-1 with the Flash.

All other matches were off stream until top 4 and the next one would be RM Lifter against RM Biohazard. RM Lifter decides to go with Aquaman in the first match but after Biohazard breaks the fish’s back, he switches to Deathstroke. Game two comes down to a nail biter with both players at a pixel. However Lifter uses his trait right before the clash and without realizing that he’s on debuff, he goes for low gunshot. Biohazard dashes up with venom uppercut and takes the second and third match. 3-0 Biohazard.

In losers, HoneyBee recorded DomChalant and MTL Ecodus’s match with Wonder Woman going head to head with Catwoman. Montreal’s last hopeful is ready to fight for his survival and hopefully extend MTL’s presence in the tournament. With the Toronto crowd firmly behind DomChalant, who would be moving on and who would get left in the dust? With resets galore from both characters, DomChalant emerges victorious, crushing Montreal’s hopes 3-1.

Next up is Ottawa’s Ram against St. Catherine’s KHTC Savior. Both players switch multiple times between Batman/Superman (Savior) and Nightwing/Cyborg (Ram). In the end Savior comes out in a hotly contested match. 3-2 Savior.

The next match would pit the first set of brother vs brother as Gunshow meets DomChalant. DomChalant’s team of Wonder Woman and Zatanna are unable to hold out against the team of Zod and his Wraith. In a clutch finish, Team Gunshow triumph 3-2 over Dom.

With one match left before we resumed streaming, it would be Lifter and Savior fighting for top four. With Lifter’s new Aquaman making waves in the tournament, he decides to use Aqua against the Bat. Unfortunately for him, Savior’s unorthodox Batman is able to take two close games away from Lifter. Lifter decides to go back to what he knows and switches to Deathstroke, unfortunately the switch is too late to make the difference and Savior moves on with a 3-1 victory.

Starting off on the torontotoptiers2 stream, the first match in top four is Gunshow vs. Savior. With some stream hiccups during the first couple matches, we see that Gunshow has a lead over Savior 2-0 before Savior is able to bring it to 2-1. The next match would see to it that Gunshow advances in to losers final as he defeats Savior 3-1.

Gunshow would have to wait for HoneyBee and Biohazard to finish their match in winners to see who he faces in his next match. With many previous locals of Bane/Harley vs. Flash would we see a similar fight this time around? Nope. Biohazard elects to fight HoneyBee’s Flash with Nightwing instead. A 3-0 would follow but this time HoneyBee would be on the receiving end of it as Biohazard moves on to grand finals.

Before we know it, HoneyBee makes short work of Gunshow as he makes a clean sweep 3-0. The Grand final is set and HoneyBee needs to reset the bracket against his brother to win CECC2.

Biohazard decides to go Nightwing again but loses the first match. Thinking about a character switch he decides to stick with Dick and just change the stage. It works in his favor as multiple close matches ensue with Nightwing somehow coming out on top every time. In the end Biohazard wins CECC2 by beating HoneyBee 3-1.

The standings are as follows:

1. RM Biohazard (Bane, Nightwing)

2. RM HoneyBee (Flash)

3. C88 Gunshow (Zod, Superman)

4. KHTC Savior (Batman, Superman)

5. DomChalant (Wonder Woman, Zatanna)

5. RM Lifter (Deathstroke, Aquaman)

7. MTL Ecodus (Catwoman)

7. Ram (Nightwing, Cyborg)

http://challonge.com/CECC2Injustice

http://www.twitch.tv/egeofficial/v/3699060 (Pools to top 8)

http://www.twitch.tv/torontotoptiers2/v/3699946 00:00 - 29:00 (Top 4)

Montreal had to leave before the group picture. Shout outs to all those who came out. Hope you all had fun!

@HoneyBee
@xGunShow
@DomChalant
@Doctor Stabs
@Ram
@Ecodus
@L1FTER
@Empress_Fantasy
@The BOSS
@RM GamerBlake Promote?

Last edited:

Dja_Homies

Kaz...... I'm already a Fiddle.
I'm glad I was able to tune in to your nightwing matches. That was some spectacular play. your nightwing grew up so fast.

I am a proud sensei :)

Ecodus

I ain't got time to bleed.
I'm already back in Montreal. Really fun tournament. Shoutouts to Neo who ran a great tournament and provided us with some extra stream time.

Congrats Bio!

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
i'd tell you to not watch my stream match because i can't d1 trident rush for shit but i got swag interactables (2/2 JET ENGINE ON FERRIS) apparently.

Oh yeah, forgot - thanks to Bio for the tip of using alternate controls. So used to Shazam where using Alt. Controls is a HORRIBLE IDEA.

CanadianBaconX

Let's see how long this lasts...
I had a great time at CECC 2, everyone there were great people and great Injustice players. It was defiantly an eye opener for me seeing how far behind I really am with this game. Time to improve for then next time I come out to a out of town tourney :)

Congrats to @RM_Biohazard for getting the win and being an overall awesome person to hang with. Shoutouts to @xGunShow , @Empress_Fantasy and Savior (Don't think he has a TYM tag?) for the great matches. It was also nice seeing @Ram again, hopefully he can come out to Montreal more often. And of course shoutouts to the rest of the people at the tourney who I unfortunately didn't really interact much with haha.