What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Reptile Reptile vs. Erron Black Advice??

Hi all,

My friend has recently picked up Erron Black and I am finding I am struggling against him in general........... I don't feel I can pressure him the same, and his MB diving kick thing is annoying :)

Any strategic advice or recommendations please?

Kroaken

Life is a block string with no gaps.
It would be helpful if you recorded a match or two against your friend and posted here. It's hard to say what'd going wrong without seeing it.

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
I struggle sorta against him too. Mostly Marksman. Otherwise I don't really have a problem. You'll just have to learn to deal with his mix ups.

I'd like some advice too

Kroaken

I think his outlaw variation is extremely strong. Most Erron Blacks I've seen will start with an overhead combo into sand then use their low string. So I generally block high up close and block low outside of poke range.

A New Angel Is Advent

mutton basher
What diving kick? If you mean EX ground slide, it is very punishable on block.

For EB pressure you have the 50/50. If it's an overhead always block low on the second hit and punish a blocked sand toss. If it's low keep blocking low. He has overhead to low, low to low, mid to mid and overhead to mid so you never need to block high after the first hit in a string. His 21122 mid string can be cancelled into a command grab, so on a read try to duck it, d1, or armor through.

What diving kick? If you mean EX ground slide, it is very punishable on block.

For EB pressure you have the 50/50. If it's an overhead always block low on the second hit and punish a blocked sand toss. If it's low keep blocking low. He has overhead to low, low to low, mid to mid and overhead to mid so you never need to block high after the first hit in a string. His 21122 mid string can be cancelled into a command grab, so on a read try to duck it, d1, or armor through.
Sorry didn't mean a dive kick, meant his ground slide................ got Sonya dive kicks on the brain.

Didn't realise his command grab could be ducked......... or D1.

I will def take all that advice in the practice arena and try to improve my reactions. I will need to start to recognise the start of his low, and his OH strings so I know where to position myself to block.

A New Angel Is Advent

mutton basher
Sorry didn't mean a dive kick, meant his ground slide................ got Sonya dive kicks on the brain.

Didn't realise his command grab could be ducked......... or D1.

I will def take all that advice in the practice arena and try to improve my reactions. I will need to start to recognise the start of his low, and his OH strings so I know where to position myself to block.
Yeah, EB is dirty. But. If you successfully block his first hit high or low, you can safely block low throughout a string. You can punish his sand toss and slide. His wakeup attacks are punishable too. He's pretty negative after a blocked 112 as well.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
-Stay out of B3 range. His only option to pressure then would be F12 and practice the blocking.
-Block Slide. It's full combo punishable
-vs Outlaw he can't zone so stay smart with your forceballs and spit. Bait out Slide and punish
-DO NOT GET CORNERED pressure gets crazy at the corner. If you do, watch out for 11(3) it's a low, he can mix it up with 11 , F12 or 11 , B3 or w/e. Just pray you don't get cornered. EX Slide helps you push them back and fight your way out.
-Watch out for tick throws, keep track of your opponent's pattern
-Be on the offense when you can and bait out armor (that includes the EX Command Throw). Be smart with EX Swipe to discourage that.

Erron is a bitch but hopefully this helps out a bit.

Kroaken

Touching on what Fraud Blank said about the corner, if you see him press a button and can react, I'm pretty sure EX Dash will not only get you out but put them in the corner and allow you to combo afterwards.

Kroaken

It counts as a hit so an added meaty should stuff ex dash. Caltrops with hard knockdown pretty much require blocking. I've done it but haven't tested to make sure it's not a fluke.
But it doesn't interrupt EX dash, does it? Or regular dash for that matter. You take the tick from caltrops but otherwise you can get out. Hmmm I'll have to test.

Kroaken

Yeah definitely worth testing out. I've only stuffed it in a match so timing could have been off
Well, like I said, I'm pretty sure ex dash doesn't have armor to begin with. It can be stuffed. What I meant by when they press a button is you can whiff punish with the dash and that will get you out of the corner. Now if you're talking wakeup in the corner and they're on top of you, no do not do dash :)