What's new

Redking (Hish-Qu-Ten Predator) Wins Glasgow Kombat Weekly #8

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
It's week 8 of Glasgow's local weekly meetup and a new champion has emerged! Unfortunately the turnout for this week was lower than expected with only 6 people managing to make it out compared to last week's 9 :( But since we didn't have as many people we decided to try out a new style of tournament - Swiss style! Each player had 4 matches which left everyone with one person they didn't play. Scott the Scot decided to bust out his newly formed Dragon's Fire Liu Kang as well as his A-List Johnny and Redking decided to go all HQT this week, while I decided I'd play as many variations as I could which led to some fun choices ;) Missing this week was Ricey, Bigfool, Azarath, Rocket and Suleymon (all probably due to the horrible weather we've been having here which isn't new but was a bit worse than usual), but Redking returned and took out all who stood in his path to become this week's champion!

Here's your top 3 for this week:
1st. Redking (Hish-Qu-Ten Predator)
2nd. Youphemism (Special Forces Sonya / Aftershock Tremor / Necromancer Shinnok / Balanced Kenshi)
3rd. Nausea (Spectral Ermac)

From left to right: Redking, Youphemism, Nausea

Commiserations to:
Scott the Scot (A-List Johnny Cage / Dragon's Fire Liu Kang)
Superjohn (Assassin Kitana)
Rareqq (War God/Sun God Kotal Kahn)

The full bracket can be found here: http://www.challonge.com/mkglasgow8

We've got our full archive of matches this week!

There are no winners/losers/grand finals since it was a Swiss style bracket, just 12 best of 3 matches. No hype was dampened though! We still had our bout of heart-pumping comebacks, down-to-the-wire games and sets, b-e-a-utiful conversions, brutalities, fatalities and even tons of x-rays! Enjoy :D

Of course if there are more Scots near enough the Glasgow area reading this that would like to get into competitive MK then feel free to come along and join in! You don't even have to take part in the tournament if you don't want to, you're welcome to come play casuals in MK9, Injustice or MKX with us all night if that's what you prefer. Either way we're to help you out as much as we can because it helps us too :) Anyone interested in coming along can join the Facebook group here:http://www.facebook.com/groups/GlasgowKombat or those that don't have Facebook can just come visit, we run every Tuesday night at MaxXP Gaming: 29-31 Duke St, Glasgow from 3:30pm to 9:30pm. If you're getting the train go to Glasgow Central then get another to High Street, MaxXP is just round the corner! Entry fee is £3. Tournament signups start at 6pm and the tournament starts at 6:30pm.

@Red King
@Nausea
@Scott The Scot
@SuperJohn
@Rearawt
@Azxrath.
@Rocket
@BigFool
@VSTheJanitor
@Wigy
@Hawfy
@PND_Ketchup
@PND_Mustard

Attachments

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
I love how when Spectral Ermac throws out a string and gets blocked he just shoots up like "FUCK... YOU..." and just starts kickin the shit outta their face

Last edited:

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I'm gonna give conversions of the week to Redking for his awesome-looking corner combo to win the first game against Scott the Scot, and Superjohn for his 48% against Rareqq. Man those combos were cool :cool: