What's new

Rain hinted? Boon throws out more "Prince" lyrics on twitter

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
This is not the first time Ed Boon has hinted at Rain and his tweet yesterday screams the likeness of Rain. By tweeting Prince lyrics for the song "Let's Go Crazy", it has to make you wonder. Is Boon hinting at Rain or am I being trolled? For those who are unaware, the character Rain was named after the Prince song "Purple Rain", thus why this may be a clue. Regardless, we're probably just being trolled.

The lack of Mortal Kombat X news has us thirsty though so if this is all we have to go by, then so be it.

What are your thoughts? Is Rain a character you think will make it back in MKX? See the lyrics Boon threw out here.

punch.png

Source: @noobde

Attachments

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Nothing Boon does is a hint.
Period.
Ever.
He just wanted to keep you guys talking about the game without ever actually telling you anything.
It's pretty fucking annoying, considering KI is going to have RELEASED two characters since the last time that NRS has even revealed someone.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Well if it is Rain then FUCK YEAH OH MY GOD FUCK YEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

But then again, after the whole Quan Chi debacle and the "hints" Boon gave away before revealing Quan... yeeahhh...

Flagg

Noob
Some people here are making some bizarre requests.

"Make the next reveal female, make the next character new, make the next character a returning one, make the next character the off spring of X & Y. "

Guys, all that is already in the game. Yeah i'd love to see Cyber Sub Zero and Skarlet back in the game, but I think just having a group of really awesome, well structured characters is more important, regardless of who they are.

That said it's been 2 months. Hurry the fuck up Boon. If it's someone anti-climatic like Kenshi I won't be impressed..

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
Rain is awesome, he's so purple it even makes doves cry. It's really a sign o the times when someone asks for mileena over the kid. Rain hain't been good since before 1999 and it will be a controversy if he isn't in mkx because rain is a sexy mother fucker.

When Rain is announced CD jr will have a Parade, hopefully under a cherry moon. Eye 4 one will be with my Darling Nikki, watching on my computer; I call him "Blue."

Most of TYM will Rave un 2 the joy fantastic, but a few will tell Boon "eye hate U!"

MKX will indeed be the most beautiful game in the world.

Last edited:

C-Sword

Noob
I knew he was going to be in this ever since Boon stated that Rain wasn't going to be released as DLC a few months back, cause he was going to be part of the original roster

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
At this point the "hints" are doing more harm than good.

At first it was pretty cool and kept things exciting, but with months passing and still no reveal it has gotten old and tiresome to the point where I could care less what they "hint" at. In the light of Ki actually releasing characters and SF5's reveal and showing another character, they are fading a little out of the limelight somewhat right now.

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
Let's not pretend like this drought of MKX news is surprising or unprecedented. The exact same scenario took place with Injustice, where we had practically no stuff about it until Jan-Feb. when they started that Battle-Royale promotional thing. So I'd say by the end of January we'll see the marketing for MKX kick in to full gear.

AZTEC-GOD

I will kill you for sport.
I would LOVE for Rain to come back in MKX. It would be so amazing, and this time a part of the story mode. Hope my entire team of favorite ninjas make it; Scorpion, Subzero (obviously) Ermac, Rain & Tremor. Rain has so much potential for awesome variations in this game :) ha

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Nothing Boon does is a hint.
Period.
Ever.
He just wanted to keep you guys talking about the game without ever actually telling you anything.
It's pretty fucking annoying, considering KI is going to have RELEASED two characters since the last time that NRS has even revealed someone.
No what's truly annoying is KI will still have less than 12 characters available than by the time MKx comes out w it's 30

Lol not a good comparrison to use.