What's new

Rage Quitting

ArsonX

Noob
There is an issue that i feel i have to address. Ive never felt the need to talk about this but its getting really bad. Today i was in ranked and i came upon this guy,i know him from earilier. Solid batman player. So i almost beat him and screen freezes..rage quit. I bump into him 8 more times in ranked and each one ends with a...rage quit. A few hours later,i fought another guy who is a pretty solid DS (focuses more on zoning,knows how to zone with DS) . I beat him,rage quit. I beat him again,rage quit. But what strikes me is the manner it happened the next few times. He waited for the countdown to finish at the select screen,then purposely did nothing as i was beating him and quit just before the match ended...and he did it again. I could quit at the select screen if he does this,but im not sure if i want to do that. I think people like these need to be punished. I got nothing against someone who quits sometimes out of frustration,but i cant tolerate such pre planned pathetic quitting behaviour. What do you guys think about this? I think this is going too far,even exposing them doesnt help. Is there any way we could make the quitters stop such immature behaviour? This issue really needs to be resolved....somehow

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
Won't be solved in Injustice but MKX has something to discourage quitting with the New Quitality.

Reactions: Zev

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
There is an issue that i feel i have to address. Ive never felt the need to talk about this but its getting really bad. Today i was in ranked and i came upon this guy,i know him from earilier. Solid batman player. So i almost beat him and screen freezes..rage quit. I bump into him 8 more times in ranked and each one ends with a...rage quit. A few hours later,i fought another guy who is a pretty solid DS (focuses more on zoning,knows how to zone with DS) . I beat him,rage quit. I beat him again,rage quit. But what strikes me is the manner it happened the next few times. He waited for the countdown to finish at the select screen,then purposely did nothing as i was beating him and quit just before the match ended...and he did it again. I could quit at the select screen if he does this,but im not sure if i want to do that. I think people like these need to be punished. I got nothing against someone who quits sometimes out of frustration,but i cant tolerate such pre planned pathetic quitting behaviour. What do you guys think about this? I think this is going too far,even exposing them doesnt help. Is there any way we could make the quitters stop such immature behaviour? This issue really needs to be resolved....somehow
Rage quitting has been going on ever since the days of Street Fighter 2 and prior. It won't be going anyway anytime soon, sorry to say. As long as people are allowed to quit without fear of punishment, why should they stop? Most fighting games these days are constructed so that you cannot pause the game during the final hit and will punish you for quitting with a loss. The problem is that people pull their ethernet cables out instead and the system doesn't recognize this as a loss. Even worse, sometimes it will recognize this as a loss for the person who should have WON.

There is nothing we can do as players. We can only hope that someday the programmers of fighting games will find a way to universally punish people who pull their cords.

I don't think quitalities will work if your opponent just unplugs his ethernet cable.
i neither think so, and pulling the plug is a bigger problem than leaving the match. main problem still exists. i will never understand these people though, doesnt it take quite a while to reconnect and log in?

to make things even sweeter, in mkx when a quitality has occurred from your opponent rage quitting a match, your character should just stand over their body, either laughing, taunting them, saying unique quotes related to the rage quit, that would be so cool, don't just let their head blow up, give the other character a chance to tease the rage quitters and say something like Ferra saying "you'll find practice in the main menu" or Kano saying "you mad brah" ... that would be way more satisfying ...

Jeddite

Soul Kollector
I'd love for every loss or disconnect to be levied as a loss to the profile. I don't care if the d/c has anything to do with your ISP. If you can't complete a single match, you're all the same in my book.

I'd also love it if the game compiled all of the Quitalities that you've suffered, and made you watch a montage of every Quitality before allowing you back into the online lobby on any given day.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
MKX has a slut-shaming system for quitters.
Short of completely ruining someone's ability to play the game (original KI tactic), there isn't a whole lot that can be done that's effective to stop people from quitting. And, honestly, why do so many people care? If you're stomping someone and they're getting salty, let em bail. Fuck it. Move on and find another game.
At least the the MKX system, you'll feel better about it, the transition will be more seemless, and wins/losses should be applied accordingly. So that's about as good of a system that can be asked for. HOPEFULLY, it doesn't come with an assortment of bugs when it detects lag and things like that. Time will tell.

ArsonX

Noob
[Qdon't ="Fractured_Shadow, post: 1619712, member: 11474"]What is everyone's issue with being rage quit against?

I love that shit. I am going to be making fucking montages of ragequits in MKX. The more the better[/QUOTE]
Man,these are not regular quits. After the countdown finishes on the select screen,they literally do nothing and wait for me to keep beating them until they have about 10% left and quit. Its not even a 'rage' quit...its something pre planned. They just sit back,let the select screen give them anyone the cursor is on ,wait,wait and quit...those kinds of quits can't really be satisfying,and the person definitely isn't doing it out of rage

Johnny San

Shazzy's Biggest Fan
Man,these are not regular quits. After the countdown finishes on the select screen,they literally do nothing and wait for me to keep beating them until they have about 10% left and quit. Its not even a 'rage' quit...its something pre planned. They just sit back,let the select screen give them anyone the cursor is on ,wait,wait and quit...those kinds of quits can't really be satisfying,and the person definitely isn't doing it out of rage
You can always quit yourself.

ArsonX

Noob
I have a neat quick solution for you:

Don't play ranked.
Get matches against people from TYM.
Except Axel Redd, of course.
Yeah...except that alot of better players decline my challenges or leave the rooms so that they can keep padding their stats with newbies. Some dont play me because i 'spam',because im 'cheap'. Dammit,Harley NEEDS to zone! Anyway those kind of players don't quit at the select screen because their pride won't let them. There are not many good players who I can play with. Even those who are great don't play because of that stupid feat of defeat..its ridiculous
I have a neat quick solution for you:

Don't play ranked.
Get matches against people from TYM.
Except Axel Redd, of course.

ArsonX

Noob
[QUOgnum Magpie, post: 1619704, member: 29142"]to make things even sweeter, in mkx when a quitality has occurred from your opponent rage quitting a match, your character should just stand over their body, either laughing, taunting them, saying unique quotes related to the rage quit, that would be so cool, don't just let their head blow up, give the other character a chance
to tease the rage quitters and say something
like Ferra saying "you'll find practice in the
main menu" or Kano saying "you mad brah"
... that would be way more satisfying ...[/
QUOTE]
The problem with this is the alt f4. I'm not sure if its possible that someone gets the quitality when they do it. Rage quit mechanics have always been a touchy subject with these developers
The probel