What's new

PxP A F0xy Grampa [Tempest Lao] Wins MKX @ SoCal Regionals 2015

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Congratulations to @A F0xy Grampa, your 2015 SoCal Regionals Mortal Kombat X SUPREME CHAMPION!! Yesterday we were in for a treat of several great matches going down the road to top 8. Beginning with matches like A Foxy Grampa and ending with a controversial one like CRWoundCowboy vs BurgerKing, and we all know how that played out. But yesterday is the past, now back to the present. 15k viewers waiting around in the chat for Mortal Kombat top 8 while top 8 for another game kept being broadcasted! Impressive, although a few minutes later we went up to 25,000!!!

SCR_2015_png_large.png

Top 8 Winners: PxP | A F0xy Grampa vs YOMI | Slayer:

Foxy shows over confidence to fight Slayer while being interviewed. Slayer picks Kung Jin Shaolin, foxy didn't expect that. I'm assuming he thought he'd go for the Lao mirror. Top 8 gets started and Foxy destroys Slayer on the first match ending it with an x-ray. He re-starts instantly, but Foxy goes right back at it getting a flawless on first round and then taking his second win. Slayer goes for his expected last resort, Lao turning this into a mirror match. Revenant Tempest vs Tempest Lao. Foxy keeps dominating, and he's set point now. Calmly and under control Foxy triggers an EX spin into a combo confirm and this was a sweep, 3-0. Slayer couldn't even get one round off Foxy. The friendly hug from both players showing respect for one another.
Verdict: Too much to handle.

Top 8 Winners: YOMI | Michaelangelo vs Rx_DAB

Dab rocking his long hair to the audience! Both players from NorCal, a lot of history between the two. For everyone's surprise Michaelangelo goes for Johnny Cage as he expects Dab to go with Tanya. Dab takes the first round convincingly and quickly looks back at the crowd and gives them a stare as in "oh yeah baby!" Michaelangelo takes the second round, but Dab finishes the job forcing Michaelangelo to go back to Quan Chi. Tanya falls for the vortex and doesn't manage to get out of it. Dab makes amazing blocks and this allows him to take the advantage but again gets caught in another vortex and the match is over. Michaelangelo up 2-1.

Deja Vu, Dab is right back in the vortex. Dab looks really confused, running out of ideas, decides to go for his classic Full Auto Jacqui! Ladies and gentlemen, guess what? ...Back to the vortex and obviously takes the round. Dab does the impossible and creates a miracle that allows him to take the second round of match 4, the crowd goes nuts. 3rd round starts and Jacqui's pressure seems so relentless and Dab with the FLAWLESS victory!!! Both players tied 2-2. 5th match, Michaelangelo takes the first round. Second ROUND IS GOING DOWN TO THE WIRE, IT'S ZONING VS ZONING, LAST 10% FOR BOTH PLAYERS, WAIT, MICHAELANGELO TELEPORTS AND LANDS THE HIT, EVERYONE LOSSES THEIR MIND!!!!! Michaelangelo won the second round and advances to Winners Finals.
Verdict: Michaelangelo outsmarted Dab.

Top 8 Losers: YOMI | Hitbox_Tyrant vs oNe87_DJA

DJA making top 8 at his very first major ever!! With Foxy in his corner as everyone's surprise, match starts so quick!! Back and forth in the first round with Tyrant coming out on top. 2nd round Tyrant dominating but DJA with the comeback, and it's one round a piece. 3rd round Johnny trapped in the corner and Jax's mix ups are too strong for him and Tyrant goes up 1-0. DJA takes the first round of the second game with an impressive close finish. Then DESTROYS Tyrant in the second round. Players are 1-1. Tyrant goes right back into the 3rd match. Tyrant wins the first round, but DJA with the answer wins the second round. DJA's nerves seem to have settled down, he is now playing at his usual highest level and takes the 3rd round to go up 2-1.

Tyrant with some vengeance Destroying DJA in this new round and he also goes onto take the second round and once again in this top 8 we have a 2-2. Final game starts and the first thing DJA does is load his stunt double leading the way to win the first round. DJA is now set point. Hype round and Tyrant reaches set point as well. DJA controlling but Tyrant lands a hit and on wake up DJA loses it with a reckless, sudden neutral jump and Tyrant punishes and as usual confirms to take the win. What a close match!! Heart is pounding!
Verdict: The choke and the clutch.

Top 8 Losers: YOMI | BurgerKing vs GGA | N1k0lasss

BurgerKing with the statement during an interview: "I won the last 2 tournaments! What's up?!!"
Summoner vs Aftershock. BurgerKing takes the first really even round. Nikolasss keeps attempting to land advancing moves which doesn't seem to be such a good strategy against Quan Chi's long range moves. He goes into the offensive and takes round 2(Maybe he should keep pressuring instead). It's the 3rd round of game 1 and NiKolass with the lead and takes the game with a cool combo and disrepecting with an uppercut to finish his opponent to go up 1-0. Another really close match but BurgerKing takes both rounds to tie the scoreboard 1-1.

Nikolasss once again in the offensive as Quan Chi keeps trying to zone and defend showing all the Quan Chi downplayers that he indeed has a great defense, probably just as good as his offense. BurgerKing wins again and Nikolasss' face looks full of confusion, he's already down 2-1. Takes a second and goes into the new match. Nikolass finally takes a round after 2 straight games without doing so. BurgerKing with another round closure and he's set point. Nikolass gets caught in the vortex...we all know how that plays out. Good games NIkolass, BurgerKing advances.
Verdict: Nikolass played the zoning game which is Quan's game....

Top 8 Losers: Rx_DAB vs YOMI | Hitbox_Tyrant

NorCal vs SoCal. Tyrant does a great reset to show off to the hyped crowed and takes the first round. Dab takes the second round, but Jax closses the match. We thought we'd see a Jax mirror match, but no, it's Cassie, NO wait, Dab went back and we get what we want. Both players go 1 round a piece, I'm so drawn into the hype. Both players dropping important combos but Tyrant stays stronger and goes up 2-0. GodSpeed coaching Dab for the commentators surprise and he's Tyrant's Hitbox teammate. I guess Tyrant becoming YOMI changed their friendship lol.

Wow, Dab with a fancy teleport into interactible into teleport, everyone is confused about what just happened and I guess even Tyrant as this leads to Dab taking the match to put it 2-1 still in Tyrant's favor. Dab dominating the 4th game and takes the first round. Jax runs it back and Tyrant is set point. Both players respecting each other so much but dab with the lead. Dab takes it and it's now 2-2!!!! Once again Dab with the lead, and he now has match point. Then goes onto eliminating Tyrant with a 3-0 comeback after being down 2-0. Props to Dab!!!
Verdict: I think GodSpeed was the wild card here at a certain extent.

Top 8 Losers: YOMI | BurgerKing vs YOMI | Slayer

Gunslinger vs Shaolin and they go right into it, no button check this time. Erron Black convincingly taking the first round. Slayer has an answer though, he ties things up, winning his first round of the day. And ended up taking the whole match, Slayer 1-0 BurgerKing. Slayer once again with the lead winning round 1 of the second match. Slayer stays strong and beats BurgerKing as he drops a finisher combo. Slayer is now up 2-0.

Hold that everyone! BurgerKing goes the the so called(by the stream chat) "Pew, pew, pew". Seems like Slayer has grinded this match up a lot cause he's completely dominating Predator taking the first round and he's set point. BurgerKing with the answer and he is back in control of the spacing of this game and makes it 2-1. BurgerKing seems to be a whole different person now. He had to be put against the elimination wall for him to wake up and is now looking like the better player. BurgerKing takes the first round of match 4. And Predator takes the whole match. The scoreboard is now 2-2. What will Slayer do now? He's still calm and quickly goes to BoneShaper but loses the round and BurgerKing is match point. Aaaaaand BurgerKing the second player in top 8 with a 3-0 come back after being down 2-0.
Verdict: The choke and the clutch.

Losers Semis: YOMI | BurgerKing vs Rx_DAB

And the crowed aplauds the players cause they finally decided to do the "must" desync before the match starts lol Both players very even but Tempest takes the round. Dab baits BurgerKing and clutches round 2. He now has corner with Tanyas pressure. He's almost flawlessing BurgerKing but Dab allows him to come back and King is now up 1-0 coming from behind in the rounds. Dab is just playing at another level here even though he is lossing, takes round one of match 2. BurgerKing stays alive in game 2 by winning round 2. And BurgerKing makes it 2-0. GodSpeed for another show on stage assist and STB Dragonite comes up to be a temporary coach for Dab. BurgerKing set point. And BurgerKing bests Dab to make top 3 in the tournament.
Verdict: Great show Dab!

Winners Finals: PxP A F0xy Grampa vs YOMI | Michaelangelo

Tempest vs Sorcerer. DJA now in Foxy's corner but Foxy takes Round 1. Michaelangelo being REALLY patient against Lao and he almost brought it back, but Foxy was too good all throughout. Michaelangelo goes back to his main Summoner. Quan Chi takes the first round and then the second round to make this set 1-1. Both players exchange rounds of game 3. This 3rd round is going back and forth but Foxy goes up 2-1. Foxy at set point (remember, winner go to Grand Finals). And Foxy Grampa destroys Michaelangelo in this round and match to make it 3-1, and adds yet another Grand Final to his resume. He does it at Europe and keeps doing it at America for all those doubters. He calls himself "The Invader"
Verdict: This is a statement from Foxy!

Losers Finals: YOMI | BurgerKing vs YOMI | Michaelangelo

YOMI teammates yet another Tempest Lao that Michaelangelo has to deal with. And they go straight into the match. BurgerKing clutches the first round, then clutches the other one to make it 1-0. Match 2 starts and BurgerKing gets caught into the Quan Chi vortex and Michaelangelo closes good. Dominating second round of match 2 but drops a combo and it's now Lao's turn. One round a piece. Michaelangelo wins the 3rd round and ties the score 1-1.

Michaelangelo goes through Lao on both rounds and goes up 2-1. BurgerKing starts laughing and goes for the Quan Chi mirror & starts things off and dominates round one and takes it, but Michaelangelo answers back and takes Round 2. Both players back dash eachg other's b2 back to back lol But Forever King ties things up and we go into game 5, score is now 2-2. They decide to play out the Mirror again. Players going back to back but Michaelangelo gets set point. Michael angelo drops his combo with almost a full life lead and now he's in the vortex and LOSSES!!! FINAL round for both. BurgerKing earns himself a vortex and flawlesses Michaelangelo. King is going into Grand Finals.
Verdict: The choke and the clutch!!

GRAND FINALS: YOMI | BurgerKing vs PxP A F0xy Grampa

Blood God vs Tempest. Foxy starts strong, taking BurgerKing in Round 1. Round 2 is a close one but Foxy closes successfully to go up 1-0. King goes right into it again!! Does he really believe in this match up?! Especially in Grand Finals? King gets the first round of game 2. Second round of game two lasted like an hour due to Kotal's life regeneration, but Lao perseveres. Third round, another 45 min. round but Foxy wins again and goes up 2-0. But once again BurgerKing goes with his pocket Predator. Seems like Foxy knows the MU very well though and he now is at tournament point. Foxy with the pressure and rolls over BurgerKing and sweeps him 3-0.
Verdict: The invasion is complete, Foxy conquers SCR2015 in the United States. Foxy only lost 1 match in Top 8. Congratulations!!

Until the videos are uploaded, check out the archives at http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive

For the MKX results, check out the image below:
SCR2015_MKXResults.png

(Write up done by @Airvidal!!)

Attachments

Matix218

Get over here!
The only thing that can stop foxy is sub zero :DOGE

But in all seriousness congratulations @A F0xy Grampa you came to our major and won which means everyone who ever talked smack on you or the uk players has to hold that

infamy23

FireBeard
I think f0xy is godlike and he can hang with anyone in the world.... BUT

If an American won a tournament in the UK, and f0xy & Ketchup were not in attendance, do you really think the UK guys would be praising that American's victory?

I think it's more likely they'd be saying, "well nice win, but our 2 best players weren't here."

So let's cut the US some slack here.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Foxy is the man. Of course I'm salty I lost & I can't wait to get the runback with him, but I'm just happy that I put on a show! Was such a fun top 8. If anyone deserved to win it was Foxy, he was the best player here this weekend and a cool dude to chill with :cool:

coolwhip

Noob
Just to point out that this is the second tournament in a row where Foxy comes to the US and barely drops games. I think he dropped a total of one game at EVO on his way to the Grand Finals before losing to Sonic Fox, and I know pnut took a game off him here but I don't know who else did. Making it look free. Foxy's redemption is one of the most compelling MKX narratives. Hopefully Sonic Fox will be there next time Foxy's in town and we can have a super anticipated rematch.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
So, what nerf does Kung Lao need? Discuss.
My thoughts:
:DOGE:DOGE:DOGE
He's fine. Congrats Foxy.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
well done to foxy.

was really rooting for nikolass and his tremor (he eu too so its ok too say i wanted him to win more haha)
didnt have much mileena play to watch over course of scr sadly so was happy there was a good bit of tremor flying about

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Good shit Foxy.

Huge props to all of top 8 too, was a great set of games accompanied by great commentary. SCR made MKX look real good.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I, for one loved all of those 50% unbreakable Quan Chi combos that TYM swore up and down were 100% viable in real matches for realsies that never actually happened in top 8.

Those were great. :)