What's new

Strategy Punishing Noob's wake up slide and Freddy's Teleports

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
Just a quick video that was recorded. STB Espio was the one who found this and wanted me to record it. The timing for punishing Noob's slide can be a bit tricky at first, you have to delay the b2 for just a second after knocking Noob down. To punish Freddy's backwards tele, you have to throw the grenade immediately after knocking him down, otherwise he can block it.

Espio

Kokomo
Thanks again Rampage for filming this and taking the time out of your day to help me a lot of help with testing and experimenting with my whacky ideas lol :). The Noob low tackle is bascially taking advantage of the bugginess of the move, I've done stuff like this on accident, but it's nice to know it can be done consistently.

I'm back to studying the game and Stryker in particular, so I'm looking for some more stuff soon against the rest of the cast and hopefully we'll keep the trend going for a while :D. I'm going to look for other things against Noob and Freddy as well.

Espio

Kokomo
I have to ask what intelligent Noob Saibot player would ever wake up with a slide for any reason.
It's not going to happen often, upknee is usually the preferred option, but I've had this happen before to me...the Noob one is more or less cool to know as opposed to this ground breaking tech in the match up, I just thought it was cool lol.

I'm still looking for more applicable options against Noob soon so hopefully we'll have something more ground breaking next time :).

TRi4L N 3ЯЯ0R

The world doesn't adjust to you.
Ah, I made an account here just to hopefully expand this section. This move works well against Kung Lao's spin as look as you take a small step back (EN spin will get you though) It works wonders in the corners when they get desperate. There are other wake ups that it works against but also diagonal/neutral jump punches. The 3,armored roll or batonsweep are my personal favorites though if I feel that they will use an enhanced wake up (doesnt work against all enhanced but most of them) b-2 En gunshot, B-2,En Gunshot does wonders for meter building and sometimes anti-breaker.

We should expand this section because from my experience, Stryker's baton seems to punish some on but mostly off-timed wakeups very often.
I was hoping to acquire a recording program for the 360 for some demonstrations as well as my other main, Mileena. I can help out here, but what recorder did you use for your video for reference when I buy one?

Oh, and hello to all members of TYM!

Espio

Kokomo
Ah, I made an account here just to hopefully expand this section. This move works well against Kung Lao's spin as look as you take a small step back (EN spin will get you though) It works wonders in the corners when they get desperate. There are other wake ups that it works against but also diagonal/neutral jump punches. The 3,armored roll or batonsweep are my personal favorites though if I feel that they will use an enhanced wake up (doesnt work against all enhanced but most of them) b-2 En gunshot, B-2,En Gunshot does wonders for meter building and sometimes anti-breaker.

We should expand this section because from my experience, Stryker's baton seems to punish some on but mostly off-timed wakeups very often.
I was hoping to acquire a recording program for the 360 for some demonstrations as well as my other main, Mileena. I can help out here, but what recorder did you use for your video for reference when I buy one?

Oh, and hello to all members of TYM!
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you :D.

I agree wholeheartedly and am very keen on exploring every option he has further, love the anti-wake up stuff.

We can all put our heads together and collaborate, i'd love to see this happen, more focus on working with what he has to work with and less on the negative is the way to go in my opinion :).