What's new

Preorder specials for MK9(?)

Does anyone know if MK9 will come with something special if you pre-order or will they decide to take two boxes such as they did with Armageddon? Cause when I bought Armageddon long time ago there was just the game and the other one was a premium edition MKA with artwork with special features behind the scenes second disc etc. <-- I got that one lol. Sometimes I forget to pre-order so I just buy it the first day in the store. Just wondering if any of you guys know anything about this. And if not, what would be some cool things MK9 premium box could have?

Things I know/experienced with some games I pre-ordered (simple):
art work booklet
behind the scenes second disc (2 cds)
promotional codes (ie beta costumes or finished ones, stages or hints/cheats)

I'd personally would like a copy of that mk9 shirt as pre-order, but I doubt it.

:D

X820

Noob
They talked in an interview that IF they were doing something in terms of a limited edition or something, it would be something "special".

No plans have been made official yet though.

Tim Static

Adminerator
They said at the Gamestop convention that there would be an exclusive code to DLC such as an arenas or something. the content isnt decided yet.

X820 said:
They talked in an interview that IF they were doing something in terms of a limited edition or something, it would be something "special".

Sweet! Can't wait! :D

@Tim, if you know any more details about pre-order let us know.. hopefully it isn't too late for me since I haven't pre-ordered MK9 (though would be a wise idea anyways?)

Goofart

Mr. Sexy Pants
special DLC code for nudalities and lewdalities :D

seriously, anyone still have the preorder bonus for console mk1? It was a tiny box with trading cards, a folded mini poster (or ad I should say), an mk button and a temporary tattoo. The video store crushed my box so the value instantly dropped to $0 the day i received it. ....though i'd be surprised if this thing is worth more than dime presently.

Goofart said:
special DLC code for nudalities and lewdalities :D

seriously, anyone still have the preorder bonus for console mk1? It was a tiny box with trading cards, a folded mini poster (or ad I should say), an mk button and a temporary tattoo. The video store crushed my box so the value instantly dropped to $0 the day i received it. ....though i'd be surprised if this thing is worth more than dime presently.
Really? wow to be honest I got all my MK1-MKT games late. I didn't pre-order them but boy was I happy when I got it a day or two days after. I'm curious, is there a pic of the pre-order bonus of MK1? Back then for me trading cards, posters and fake tattoos of Mortal Kombat would had me jizzing. Changing games very quick, I wished I pre-ordered Uncharted 2 because I missed out on their golden guns promo code exclusive only to people who you guessed it, pre-ordered. Hope Ed Boon doesn't dissapoint us when he releases a premium box of MK9.

As always, JAX likes the idea of nudalities and lewdalities. :laugh:

Goofart

Mr. Sexy Pants
jesse89202 said:
Really? wow to be honest I got all my MK1-MKT games late. I didn't pre-order them but boy was I happy when I got it a day or two days after. I'm curious, is there a pic of the pre-order bonus of MK1? Back then for me trading cards, posters and fake tattoos of Mortal Kombat would have me jizzing. Changing games very quick, I wished I pre-ordered Uncharted 2 because I missed out on their golden guns promo code exclusive only to people who you guessed it, pre-ordered. Hope Ed Boon doesn't dissapoint us when he releases a premium box of MK9.

As always, JAX likes the idea of nudalities and lewdalities. :laugh:
Not sure where you can find a pic. Perhaps ebay? I quick googled but couldn't find squat but maybe another member here still has there's. The box was like the size of the old classic gameboy cardboard boxes. If I recall correctly the tattoo was of goro.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
X820 said:

What he said ^ but they'll let us know asap once they figure it out.