What's new

Preventing PS4 Bluetooth Controller Sync Problems: Video Inside

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
As bluetooth controller syncing issues have affected numerous Mortal Kombat X tournaments in the game's first month, any information that helps prevent unfortunate match interruptions is highly welcome. Although it requires a bit of know-how in the part of tournament players, we may now have the best solution for the time being.

Note: This will only work after the connected controllers have already been turned off (because a connected controlled only gives you a 'Disconnect' option which doesn't desync) -- so whoever plugs their controller in next will need to go through the procedure.

Step 1: Visit 'Devices' in the PS4 Settings menu
Step 2: Go to 'Bluetooth Devices'
Step 3: Select the 'old' profile/controller and hit 'X'
Step 4: 'Delete' the controller from the PS4's memory

Players starting their matches will need to be aware of this, as it should be the first thing done when people are sitting down to play.

Another option would be for TO's to keep a USB hub connected with a wired pad; this could be used to immediately Delete any connected profiles, as well as to cover issues with PS3-compatible input devices that need a paired controller.

This is important information to be aware of; so please spread the word to make sure that everyone at each and every tournament going forward knows the process.

Credit: RM Cloud

Last edited by a moderator:

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Don't have any good recording devices...is on a console that has streaming options. :v

What they should allow you to do is disable the ability to permanently pair devices to a console via an option.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Don't have any good recording devices...is on a console that has streaming options. :v

What they should allow you to do is disable the ability to permanently pair devices to a console via an option.
THTB YOU NERD THE PS4 DOESNT LET YOU STREAM THE MENU AND STUFF TO PROTECT YOUR INFO

LIKE IF YOU PRESS HOME DURING THE GAME ITLL GIVE YOU LIKE A WAITING SCREEN ON STREAM

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
THTB YOU NERD THE PS4 DOESNT LET YOU STREAM THE MENU AND STUFF TO PROTECT YOUR INFO

LIKE IF YOU PRESS HOME DURING THE GAME ITLL GIVE YOU LIKE A WAITING SCREEN ON STREAM
...I stand corrected. What a scrub I am. ._.

Indecisive

I don't know how to record on PS4. I didn't want to deal with it. Phone was fastest option i thought of at the time. Also yes they should. But this may be the best we have atm.

@Mikemetroid @Goldy And any TOs might be a good start, nice find.
Thank you. I am the worst at tagging people.
@Mr Aqua
@STB Shujinkydink

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
I mean you don't gotta tag everybody, I'm sure if you go to Twitter and tag some big FGC names with it too it'll get retweeted like crazy and then we can finally nip this damn issue in the bud hopefully before the next major.

Indecisive

I mean you don't gotta tag everybody, I'm sure if you go to Twitter and tag some big FGC names with it too it'll get retweeted like crazy and then we can finally nip this damn issue in the bud hopefully before the next major.
I do not have twitter. I probably will never have one. I'm tagging people so it can be tested before hand. I don't want this to not work at all and then is like well this is a pain.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
First off. Shoutouts to RM Cloud for pointing this out for me today at the Break. The video explains everything. If you have any questions ask. It could be the solution to the issue with the controllers atm. And help TO's. I'll Tag some people.
@RM JagoBlake
@The BOSS
@STORMS
@Pig Of The Hut
@Shock
@idk how else to tag to be honest. Just start tagging people who this would help please. Idk.
WOW! This is huge. Good stuff to you and cloud!

I just checked my console. After using it in our opening weekend tourney and running a weekly fight night at a comic book store, I had fourteen controllers in the list. This is after shutting the console off and removing the power cord several times since. I've cleared them all out, and can test next Monday to see if the regular players controllers show up. I used my stick to delete my own personal controller and this seems to have done the trick.

Also...bump, this needs to be seen.

Indecisive

WOW! This is huge. Good stuff to you and cloud!

I just checked my console. After using it in our opening weekend tourney and running a weekly fight night at a comic book store, I had fourteen controllers in the list. This is after shutting the console off and removing the power cord several times since. I've cleared them all out, and can test next Monday to see if the regular players controllers show up. I used my stick to delete my own personal controller and this seems to have done the trick.

Also...bump, this needs to be seen.
I only did the Recording and posted it. Cloud found everything. They should not resync to your console. Unless its the last one. Since the console needs at least 1 controller connected to it.

Icy Black Deep

Still training...
Since it's not in the video: Any disconnected device will give you the option to Delete it in the menu Indecisive showed. The controller you're currently using will only give you the option to Disconnect, which does not destroy the pairing. So as Indecisive said it's something you want to do before your match to clean up from the people before you.

I do not have twitter. I probably will never have one.
@Jaxel can fix that for you. But he can't make you actually use Twitter.

Indecisive

Since it's not in the video: Any disconnected device will give you the option to Delete it in the menu Indecisive showed. The controller you're currently using will only give you the option to Disconnect, which does not destroy the pairing. So as Indecisive said it's something you want to do before your match to clean up from the people before you.

@Jaxel can fix that for you. But he can't make you actually use Twitter.
Thank you i forgot to mention that. Ill put that in the front post

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
I only did the Recording and posted it. Cloud found everything. They should not resync to your console. Unless its the last one. Since the console needs at least 1 controller connected to it.
Absolutely true, but since we should all be using wired controllers this means you can delete everything, since there is no bluetooth pairing.