What's new

Question Please tell me how to punish Raiden's superman online...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enenra

Go to hell.
...With Sub Zero. I just lost two games to a terribad Raiden because I could not punish his superman. Free chip all day. Had me on the verge of busting the controller on my forehead.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Even online, it's possible to punish a blocked superman...but if the lag is exceptionally heavy, I can't blame you for having difficulty.

There are two ways you can punish a blocked superman. The first is attacking before Raiden lands the ground. Sure you will be inflicting less damage as per the mechanics of an anti-air combo, but if you'd rather not risk them landing on the ground and being able to block in time, that might be the better option. Alternatively, if you feel confident enough, attack Raiden after he lands from his blocked superman.

With Sub-Zero, I'd go 2 2 into Freeze Ball and then end with b1 2 1, or there's 2 1 2 Freeze Ball, b1 2 (whiff b1), 2 2 Cold Slide.

Enenra

Go to hell.
Even online, it's possible to punish a blocked superman...but if the lag is exceptionally heavy, I can't blame you for having difficulty.

There are two ways you can punish a blocked superman. The first is attacking before Raiden lands the ground. Sure you will be inflicting less damage as per the mechanics of an anti-air combo, but if you'd rather not risk them landing on the ground and being able to block in time, that might be the better option. Alternatively, if you feel confident enough, attack Raiden after he lands from his blocked superman.

With Sub-Zero, I'd go 2 2 into Freeze Ball and then end with b1 2 1, or there's 2 1 2 Freeze Ball, b1 2 (whiff b1), 2 2 Cold Slide.
Thanks man. What if he bounces at maximum range if you know what I'm talking about? Where you just barely can't touch him?

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Thanks man. What if he bounces at maximum range if you know what I'm talking about? Where you just barely can't touch him?
Sub-Zero's 2 2 has a particularly impressive hitbox range. Serves as a nice way to discourage cross-ups and other air tactics. If ever it looks like Raiden bounces too far back after a blocked superman, try 2 2 and see what happens.

Enenra

Go to hell.
Sub-Zero's 2 2 has a particularly impressive hitbox range. Serves as a nice way to discourage cross-ups and other air tactics. If ever it looks like Raiden bounces too far back after a blocked superman, try 2 2 and see what happens.
Once again, thank you. Don't know why I'm having this much trouble with something so simple. Blah.

ChuckFiasco

"I'm the 12th best Sub-Zero player in the world."
If he bounces back a max range a simple slide maybe your best bet. Or 2,2, slide maybe.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Actually, after a blocked superman your best bet is F+4~Ice Ball. There is enough time to dash and do it, you just have to be fast.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Raiden's superman is actually one of the most punishable moves in the game. You can wait for him to land on the ground and press:
22 freeze, njp, b12, 212 slide

or
if you don't want to wait for him to land on the ground, while he is still airborne after the blocked superman you can just press:
212 freeze, b12 (1 whiffs), 22 slide

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Actually, after a blocked superman your best bet is F+4~Ice Ball. There is enough time to dash and do it, you just have to be fast.
Yeah this is what I normally do. Same damage as 2,2..... and you really don't have to time it. The animation is almost perfect so that he lands and the f4 hits.

MK Kobra

Noob
If you're going to air punish, might as well do b12, 214 slide, which does 29%. If you can't get the slide to land, just replace 214 slide with 212 slide.

Status
Not open for further replies.