What's new

Breakthrough - Kotal Kahn Patch Notes for Kotal Kahn from Twitch

LeeVanDam

Sun God Advocate
Mace Parry absorbs projectiles that can be parried by other fighters' parrys. Still gives small damage boost to Kotal Kahn when absorbing a projectile.

EX Mace Parry now has 1 frame startup!!

gap in b+1,2,2 has been removed

b+1's hit box was improved

f+1,2 is now only -6 on block

Blood God

Your own blood you cut with blood offering is added to your Blood Totem so you recover it back later

Kotal Kahn gains super meter if blocking attacks while Obsidian Totem is out

Sun God

New Move - Calls a ray of sunlight to instantly gain a level of Sun God Choke, recovery appears quick
EX version instantly grants level 3

Meter and Health Gain from Soul Scorch improved

Let's discuss!!! :D (I'll add notes from the website once they're up)

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
Depending on how fast SG's new move is, as well as the exact amount of life gain when using Scorch, this could create some interesting standoffs against zoners. Especially if Parry can be used to absorb a majority of projectiles.

I'm also very curious to see how EN Parry being 1 frame start up improves Kotal's punishment options...

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Depending on how fast SG's new move is, as well as the exact amount of life gain when using Scorch, this could create some interesting standoffs against zoners. Especially if Parry can be used to absorb a majority of projectiles.

I'm also very curious to see how EN Parry being 1 frame start up improves Kotal's punishment options...
I think it wont do much difference tbh making it from 2 frames to 1 frame.

In overall im really happy with the buffs. Especially sungods new move and better heal, b122 no gap, f12 being safe wich is huge. Bloodgods totem buffs. Loving it.

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
I'd agree. It's not as obviously "holy shit" good as Sub's Cryo changes, but there could really be some rewarding stuff here for us Kotal players.

I'm super excited about F12 being safe. Especially in conjunction with SG's new move. This provides more consistent setup options for BG and SG, which is great, and the fact that they're going for different things is just good fun.

mattnin

Noob
I'm completely stoked on the Blood God buffs. Air takedown acts earlier, parry is sped up, and seemingly great totem buffs! Can't wait!

Shufflez

Noob
About time, was waiting for something like this for a while now, playing a variation I didn't really even like just so I can play the character I like was getting tiresome. That new move better also not be -56 :D

Praise the sun!