What's new

Strategy Option Selects

Tin

Noob
I've just picked up the game (and sub-zero), and haven't seen these mentioned anywhere so far.

Has anyone found any O/S for Sub yet? Are there even any O/S in the game?

Yep you can option select any of his specials except his ground freeze for example: try doing low FP then Freeze ball in open space then hit your opponent with low FP then Freeze ball. If you whiff a cancel-able move then special the special won't come out but if the hit connects the special move comes out this is what I found so far with option selects. Also you can option select X Rays.

Tin

Noob
I dont think you really get what I mean with option selects.... The way I know them from playing street fighter are described in this vid

I've just picked up the game (and sub-zero), and haven't seen these mentioned anywhere so far.

Has anyone found any O/S for Sub yet? Are there even any O/S in the game?
Tom Brady actually mentioned some option selects in his show last night with Silent. The example he provided was with the jump kick to throw
Users with an air throw can option select if done at the right time. User jump kicks then hits throw if kick connects then air throw is performed if kick doesn't connect throw on the ground is performed. No other ones were provided, but he did state they were in the game. The option selects definitely vary from ssf4 though.

Link to show - http://www.justin.tv/s1lent1

It was episode 5

Yeah SF option selects and MK option selects are different.
Not really. You can 22 buffer freeze/slide and if the ice sword hits you'll get the special but you won't get it if the 22 whiffs. Teching throws is always an option select because if you aren't getting thrown you'll throw out a move.

I doubt there are jump-in option selects though because i don't think Mortal Kombat has impact freeze. If it does have impact freeze, though, you can definitely do jump in option selects. They wouldn't be useful anyway if you could.

Some strings cannot be continued on whiff so you can consider that a type of option select too.

Sequel

Boob Titbot
Tom Brady actually mentioned some option selects in his show last night with Silent. The example he provided was with the jump kick to throw
Users with an air throw can option select if done at the right time. User jump kicks then hits throw if kick connects then air throw is performed if kick doesn't connect throw on the ground is performed. No other ones were provided, but he did state they were in the game. The option selects definitely vary from ssf4 though.

Link to show - http://www.justin.tv/s1lent1

It was episode 5
Yeah I figured that out today. It works everytime but the Jump Kick has to be at the ankles when you hit the throw button.