What's new

Video/Tutorial - Hellfire Optimal Scorpion Hellfire combos

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
So I think these are as optimal as it gets for Scorpion's Hellfire combos. If there is some way to squeeze out more damage without losing his reset with 1 bar or just more raw damage with 2 bars I'm all ears. There's probably juicy corner stuff but I'm not creative with that until I know what is best midscreen.

1 bar grants an added 7-8% into reset while 2 bars grants an added 16-17% on combos. Let me know what you all think.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Pretty good Slips, i haven't got time to optimize Scorpion BnBs yet, but i gotta say 214~tp, 214~extp is definitely the standard.

We need flame aura starters too, other than that i can definitely memorize these and start using.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Well this answers my doubts about wheter I was canceling the fireball as quickly as possible. Holy shit Slips these are lightning fast, been putting more and more time into Hellfire over the past two weeks and it's becoming my default choice more and more.

I'll never get fireball cancels down. It just doesn't work for me. Something ends up fumbling.

I've gotten it very seldom, I just don't know what to do anymore.

Either way, great combos.

unicorn

Noob
Very nice @Slips !!!
One request I will like to have is to have optimized combo for spear as well (for situations where for whatever reason you catch them with it), if this will be possible..?

Thank you a lot§

Nereus

Noob
the f3 punisher 1 bar combo is actually 2 bars @Slips, might want to fix the title. Other than that good stuff man! and good use on the B121 into EX hellfire. Even though he had similar setups in MK9, i wonder if it's going to be taken away soon..

Slips

the f3 punisher 1 bar combo is actually 2 bars @Slips, might want to fix the title. Other than that good stuff man! and good use on the B121 into EX hellfire. Even though he had similar setups in MK9, i wonder if it's going to be taken away soon..
*Fixed*

Thanks for lookin out.

EX Hellfire OTG'ing is kind of a Scorpion staple now by design. It was the same in Injustice as well.

Nereus

Noob
*Fixed*

Thanks for lookin out.

EX Hellfire OTG'ing is kind of a Scorpion staple now by design. It was the same in Injustice as well.
Yeah i know..but the question is: Do others know that? or are they going to cry about it to where it's going to be removed? That's what im worried about here..

Nereus

Noob
I don't think anyone is crying about hellfire at this point lol.
Believe it or not, but im sure many of the players in this comm. are. People just only see one aspect of something and anything that is deemed "good" needs to "not be good" aka "nerfed", regardless of how logical it is. It's the sad truth really..

Sakishiro

Hunting season is open...
Hey guys. Time for me to step out of the shadows. Been definitely lurking for too long. I might have found something that might help us connect the b3~fbc to combo easier.

But before that, please let me introduce myself.
I'm a long time Tekken veteran from Sweden. Played Tekken on competetive level since TTT1 days. Used to be TheMainMan's mentor in T5.0. Also played MK9 and mained Scorpion. Used to practice with F0xy Grampa (and often get rekt by him lol XD)

I absolutely LOVE MKX and definitely want to get involved with the MK community now and learn everything about the game.

@Slips I've known about you forever man, haha! Always loved to watch your matches in the old Tekken days and your MK9 Scorpion. Will be rooting for you in future MKX tournaments for sure. :)

Now, on to the b3 stuff. I was amazed when I saw that you can do a fbc to combo after b3. This changes EVERYTHING with Scorpion's low game since it's very hit confirmable so you don't have to use Ex spear to make the low combo starter safe anymore when you use Hellfire variation.

Although, It seems that the further you hit with the b3, the harder it becomes to connect with fbc to 2,1. And even 2,1 to flame aura. I tried with b1,2 instead of 2,1 and it actually feels easier to connect with the rest thanks to the forward momentum he gets with b1,2. And since b1,2 has better reach, you don't have to run as long and can start it earlier after the fbc. Try it out guys and let me know what you think.

Last edited:
good shit!

@Slips do you have an optimal d1 AA combo for punishing people hopping around? I usually just do 4 tp 21 spear etc in Inferno . but I am sure with flame aura you can get alot more than just a simple 30% with hellfire.

Matix218

Get over here!
@Slips what are your thoughts on inferno vs hellfire? Are there certain matches where you prefer one over the other or are you pretty much thinking hellfire is superior? Just curious as to what your view is on the two variations. You can shoot me a pm if you don't want to clutter this thread with things not related to optimal hellfire combos

Slips

good shit!

@Slips do you have an optimal d1 AA combo for punishing people hopping around? I usually just do 4 tp 21 spear etc in Inferno . but I am sure with flame aura you can get alot more than just a simple 30% with hellfire.
I typically just do d1, f3 into spear or ex tele if I have meter into just a typical combo. 4 works too but I like the reliability of f3. Because you have to commit to spear/ex tp so early in the combo to convert the initial hit you can't really get huge damage from what I can tell.