What's new

Omni Man Pre-Release General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
what are you referring to?
J.K. Simmons didn't do any voice acting for omniman for MK1... they rebuilt his lines using samples form the TV Show at least, form other performances possibly. So it is like a primitive version of what AI voice synth dose, just done by hand. The point is J.K. Simmons may not even know he has voiced this game.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
J.K. Simmons didn't do any voice acting for omniman for MK1... they rebuilt his lines using samples form the TV Show at least, form other performances possibly. So it is like a primitive version of what AI voice synth dose, just done by hand. The point is J.K. Simmons may not even know he has voiced this game.
Where did you get this from?

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I don't think that article was saying that this was done for his voice. It sounds like JK to me

Jynks

I don't think that article was saying that this was done for his voice. It sounds like JK to me
reading it back, maybe I miss understood her. I thought she meant the performance was recreated form the TV show, including the voice acting by taking sound samples and not getting new performance recordings.

I do not know how I feel about this... do you think J. Jonah Jameson was compensated? This is pretty close to AI recreation of a actors voice... just badly done human version of the same tech.
I spent too long taking this seriously before I read it again.

Edit:

Ah ok you were serious. It's voiced by Simmons.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Was excited to come here and see people talking about the gameplay discussed with the article. Left laughing with the string of nonsense about the voice actor. Glorious.

That aside... My man is a stance character that is also rush down, not to mention that his stance is ALSO a projectile parry xD. He is gonna be a PROBLEM.

Jynks

Hey.. Mistakes happen! : )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.