What's new

Strategy ok seriously sheeva....

Impose

A Call For Blood
What the hell is the deal here?
Worst character in the game and I just got double flawlessed by some guy named DJ BIG CG
Just would do that stomp. Stomp. Stomp. over and over and over. No matter what direction I dashed or jumped he always landed on me. 20 times in a row he landed it perfectly.

Luckiest person alive or is something wrong going on here?

Espio

Kokomo
Neutral jump punch beats on top of and behind telestomps, but doesn't beat her stomp if she jumps in front of you. Try working on a neutral jump punch punish or something like that.

It's online and probably laggy so people get away with stuff like that a lot more.

What the hell is the deal here?
Worst character in the game and I just got double flawlessed by some guy named DJ BIG CG
Just would do that stomp. Stomp. Stomp. over and over and over. No matter what direction I dashed or jumped he always landed on me. 20 times in a row he landed it perfectly.

Luckiest person alive or is something wrong going on here?
LOL! I know that fraud! He's so free bro.

You can forward dash with most of the cast of of telestomp and punish

Impose

A Call For Blood
Nah, he's fuckin' terrible and doesn't know shit. Just pick Noob and punish his stomps on reaction with Upknee and just walk him down while jumping his projectiles and punishing little openings.
i don't play noob. and he doesnt have kenshi unlocked so i can't play my main lol

i think thats kind of stupid that just because someone else doesn't have a dlc char downloaded I cant use it.

Impose

A Call For Blood
LOL! I know that fraud! He's so free bro.

You can forward dash with most of the cast of of telestomp and punish
i was. i was forward dashing. back dashing. back jumping. forward jumping. he landed every single one

i don't play noob. and he doesnt have kenshi unlocked so i can't play my main lol

i think thats kind of stupid that just because someone else doesn't have a dlc char downloaded I cant use it.
You really don't need to know how to play him. Seriously. just punish his stomps, jump his projectiles, and throw shadows when he does jump back kicks. That's ALL he's going to do.

i was. i was forward dashing. back dashing. back jumping. forward jumping. he landed every single one
Well who did you pick?

I use Noob and Scorpion.

Seriously that dude is a fraud you show be able to beat him in any type of lag. He knows NOTHING about the game literally lol

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
I loved fighting those Sheevas. I would just teleport with Smoke on reaction to every telestomp. My connection is bad, so NJPs were impossible.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Moved this thread to the Sheeva forum.

And her tele-stomp isn't the most reliable special. Easily loses to neutral jump-punch, jumpkick, some specials (EX or not), etc. Of course it's tougher to deal with online, so I'm not sure what to tell you there.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
There are a lot of moves that will beat Telestomp no matter what:

Scorpion - Teleport
Lao - Spin (Maybe Teleport?)
Sub - Stand under an air Ice Clone
Ermac - Teleport
Reptile - Elbow Dash away / Charge an EN Forceball
Mileena - Teleport (I think?)
Cyrax - Anti Air Grab
Noob - Upknee
Smoke - Teleport
Sektor - Teleport (this one is a great punish)
Jax - Anti Air Grab
Kano - Up Ball maybe?
Stryker - Roll Away maybe?
Shang - Up Skull maybe?
Baraka - Spin / Chop Chop maybe?
Kabal - Nomad Dash away
Raiden - Teleport / Superman away
CSZ - Counter / Teleport maybe?
Sheeva - Do your teleport second / Anti Air Grab
Quan - Telestomp
Skarlet - Teleport
Raiin - Geyser Kick
Freddy - Sweet Dreams maybe? That would be sick.

those are the ones I can think of off hand, there's probably more and some of these might be wrong, but there are a ton of options

also NJP is a universal tool against it that leads to a lot of damage, but it's harder online

Espio

Kokomo

Scorpion - Teleport
Ermac - Teleport
Cyrax - Anti Air Grab
Noob - Upknee
Smoke - Teleport
Jax - Anti Air Grab
Kano - Up Ball maybe?
Shang - Up Skull maybe?
Kabal - Nomad Dash away
Quan - Telestomp
Skarlet - Teleport
Raiin - Geyser Kick

those are the ones I can think of off hand, there's probably more and some of these might be wrong, but there are a ton of options

also NJP is a universal tool against it that leads to a lot of damage, but it's harder online
Jade's shadow kick is also one I'd add, it's good for dodging it if you don't feel comfortable with timing an NJP at the time.

I know you mentioned Stryker's roll in your above post, but I agree it's good to avoid telestomp too.

Rokinlobster

Nightwolf of the galaxy

Scorpion - Teleport
Ermac - Teleport
Cyrax - Anti Air Grab
Noob - Upknee
Smoke - Teleport
Jax - Anti Air Grab
Kano - Up Ball maybe?
Shang - Up Skull maybe?
Kabal - Nomad Dash away
Quan - Telestomp
Skarlet - Teleport
Raiin - Geyser Kick

Its not guaranteed as much as these but With Cyrax you can uppercut, into reset combo lol.

Obs_SmSwag

"I have good taste because I like what I like"
Yo, don't do the spin with Lao to AA his stomps. If he lands in front or in the back of you you're done.... well you're not boned, it's Sheeva, but still. I'd hit him with some random jump divekicks. If he's a serious problem just hit him with Mileena, that's easily her worst MU baring Kabal.

NKZero

Noob
Sektor could be her worst MU. It's at least 8-2 in his favour. Anyways yeah Sektor has the TU punish, the up missile punish, the NJP...take your pick.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
I have no idea why his trueskill is somewhat higher, I have never lost a sheeva mirror to him, ever. Especially with all the Kung Laos, Mileenas, Reptiles, Cages online and his horrible lag, you would think he'd be at a disadvantage. I just don't understand.