What's new

[October 29, 2011] HiScore MK9 Tourney Chesapeake, VA

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
Date: October 29, 2011
Time: 5 PM
Address: HiScore Gaming Center, 3533 Western Branch Blvd Suite102, Chesapeake, VA 23321

Costs:
Venue - $5
Entry Fee - $5
Bring your own controllers

MK9 - PS3
Double Elimination
2/3 games per match
3/5 games for Winners, Losers, and Grand Finals
Winner may not switch characters

HiScore currently has 4 ASUS VH236H monitors. My PS3 will be on hand. We will need to have additional systems with the DLC characters and the latest patch installed on them. If you could bring a system with everything, it would be very helpful.

The pot will be split based on attendance.
70/20/10 for 16+
70/30 for 8-15

Not 100%, but I may attend this, only about 3 hours. Lack of offline competition in southeastern nc is killing me...

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Death

Noob
@ Angry were in nc are you. I'm at Greenville, NC. But i'll deff go to this event. Its about 2hrs 30 mins from my house. Is this event officially happeneing even tho salty battles is the same weekend?

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
@ Angry were in nc are you. I'm at Greenville, NC. But i'll deff go to this event. Its about 2hrs 30 mins from my house. Is this event officially happeneing even tho salty battles is the same weekend?
Yes, it will be happening.

Not 100%, but I may attend this, only about 3 hours. Lack of offline competition in southeastern nc is killing me...

Where are you located? NC has tourneys every month, one in Charlotte and another in Fayetteville. There's also ranbats every Wednesday in Charlotte.

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
If you all are on Facebook, add me as a friend. Look for Jamie Washington. I'm in a cap and gown holding my degree. I'd like to invite you to join our MK Facebook group called Mid-Atlantic Kombat.

I am in morehead city. I know about the ranbats and rese, and am trying to make the november rese. its a little over 4 hours. Being married with two kids makes attending things that far away kind of hard. Trying to convince game centers in jacksonville to hold events, but they aren't biting yet...

Now 100% confirmed attending this. See you guys there, hope there is a good turnout!

I know oooooooo... random unknown guy is coming... I'm just excited to be attending a real offline tourney, the last one I was at was a joke. It was run by gamestop in camp lejeune, nc. They took a vote and the majority voted to not allow me to use my stick, and I almost just walked out. But I stayed, and took 2nd out of 20 playing on a 360 pad for the first time. Brackets were jacked too, but don't get me started on that...(end of rant)

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
I'll probably do casuals from say 5 to 6. That way everyone can get warmed up and I can work on brackets and what not.

Regardless, I had a good time meeting everybody and playing. Blackula, running into someone who actually can play kenshi was like hitting a brick wall. Once I am fully transitioned to this new stick, hopefully we will get a chance to have more games. I really need to play offline more though, hope the chances come up. I appreciate all the advice on matchups and online vs offline. I'll see what I can do about the 17th, but it doesn't look good.