What's new

General/Other - Jacqui Briggs NRS, Thanks for Fixing Jacqui Briggs!!!

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Jacqui was quite a buggy character, here's a list of issues she used to have. Thank you based NRS for fixing Jacqui Briggs!!!

Universal:
- 4u4 missing from move list
- x-ray only does 29%
- frame data errors
- b1 is a mid that whiffs on crouching characters
Always whiffs on crouching:
- Cassie
- Shinnock (related to breathing, will sometimes connect)
- D'Vorah

Whiffs while neutral ducking

Whiffs while crouching and blocking
- Jacqui
- Kung Jin
- Mileena
- Sub Zero
- Scorpion
- Kano

Doesn't whiff on
- Goro
- Takeda
- Kitana
- Kenshi
- Sonya
- Jax
- Kung Lao
- Jason
- Johnny Cage
- Erron Black
- Liu Kang
- Ermac
- Kotal Kahn
- Reptile (depends on breathing, will sometimes whiff)
- Ferra/Torr
- Raiden
- Quan Chi

Full Auto:
- f12~db2 randomly whiffs against chacraters while they are stand blocking. (It seems related to breathing)
b2~db2(ex)
b2~db2(ex) always whiffs on the following opponents from all ranges if they are crouching, regardless of whether or not they are blocking:
Mileena
Cassie
D'Vorah

b2~ db2(ex) will whiff on the following opponents from the respective ranges if they are crouching without blocking
(Always)
Jacqui

(Far/Max range)
Sonya
Kitana
Liu Kang
Ermac
Reptile
Ferra/Tor

b2~db2(ex) will whiff on the following characters from the respective ranges if they are crouching and blocking
(Always)
Liu Kang
Sonya
Shinnock

(Far/Max range)
Takeda
Jacqui
Reptile
Ferra/Tor

b2~db2(ex) will always connect against the following characters:
Kung Lao
Jax
Kenshi
Scorpion
Sub Zero
Kung Jin
Kano
Johnny Cage
Erron Black
Kotal Khan
Raiden
Quan Chi
Goro
Jason

b33~db3 in corner
Whiffs on the following characters:
- Sonya
- Jacqui
- D'Vorah
- Mileena
- Kitana
- Cassie

b2~db3 randomly whiffs on some crouching opponents in the corner.

Shotgun
db2 whiffing on females randomly

b2~db2 not restanding randomly

Please fix these ._.

@karaokelove
@rev0lver
@SaltShaker
@Youphemism
@Rip Torn
@Eldriken
@RunwayMafia
@other Jacqui mains

Last edited:

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
I've dropped her for the time being due to some of these issues. Well dropped is not the right word. Just not putting much time in to her anymore.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Full Auto:
b2~db2(ex) always whiffs on the following opponents from all ranges if they are crouching, regardless of whether or not they are blocking:
I actually made a video (which refuses to upload to youtube for some reason...) showing off some of these inconsistencies. It was supposed to be about Mid attacks whiffing on crouching opponents, but we figured out that they will hit if the opponent is at the apex of their "bobbing" animation. So I tested it with Jacqui, and sure enough her MB.db2 will connect after a b2 against Mileena if you do it when she's at her highest point, which might as well be totally random in an actual match. This needs to be fixed ASAP or they might has well just have a 1% chance that any move in the game passes harmlessly through the opponent...

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I actually made a video (which refuses to upload to youtube for some reason...) showing off some of these inconsistencies. It was supposed to be about Mid attacks whiffing on crouching opponents, but we figured out that they will hit if the opponent is at the apex of their "bobbing" animation. So I tested it with Jacqui, and sure enough her MB.db2 will connect after a b2 against Mileena if you do it when she's at her highest point, which might as well be totally random in an actual match. This needs to be fixed ASAP or they might has well just have a 1% chance that any move in the game passes harmlessly through the opponent...
Literally characters breathing makes things whiff...

wtf

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Literally characters breathing makes things whiff...

wtf
And even that has it's own rules! In the video I show Mileena bobbing. She goes a little up, then down, then a little further up, then down, and so on. You can't hit her on the first "up", only on the higher up! So even if you did somehow manage to learn her crouching timing during a match, you would still have to make sure you were attacking during the ~15 frame period where she was actually on her other slightly higher bob...

BunLantern

Long live b13 minigun
I'm going to preface this by saying I don't play Jacqui, but is the female character thing a glitch? I've always found it harder to land anything on them because of the smaller hit boxes. Didn't know if that was on purpose or not.

29% on Xray must be a glitch though because that's just atrocious lol.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
I'm going to preface this by saying I don't play Jacqui, but is the female character thing a glitch? I've always found it harder to land anything on them because of the smaller hit boxes. Didn't know if that was on purpose or not.

29% on Xray must be a glitch though because that's just atrocious lol.
It's not just female characters. It's male characters in various states of their breathing cycle, from various ranges, moves just not connecting completely. It's super frustrating when you make the right read to punish and it just randomly whiffs.

BunLantern

Long live b13 minigun
It's not just female characters. It's male characters in various states of their breathing cycle, from various ranges, moves just not connecting completely. It's super frustrating when you make the right read to punish and it just randomly whiffs.
Yea the male breathing cycle thing is insanely weird and should be fixed, no question there.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I was playing a set against one of my main rivals Saturday night. Somewhere in the middle of the set, match 15 or so, I was getting crushed in the Final round. Badly. I made a comeback with a grab punish, some zoning, and caught him with F3B2~EX Rockets and he used a break right after the combo. A little after the break he whiffed Shocker whiffed from my backdash and I caught him with F3B2~EX Rockets again but THIS TIME IT WHIFFED. I jumped in fear and confusion, straight into a Superman. Match over.

I went through all the emotions. Confusion, anger, rage, disappointment, sadness, acceptance. At the end we laughed and continued playing. I was going to post the video here just for the laughs lol.

But if this happened to me in tournament I would have been sick to my stomach. I don't know what happened with Jacqui in development, but I really hope it doesn't take too long to fix these issues.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Normaly stuff whiffing due to crouching or whatever is no big deal to me but the stuff with Jacqui is super weird & inconsistent & hopefully gets addressed.
This! It would be one (very stupid) thing if she just couldn't combo from her overhead against crouching opponents. But it's essentially totally random whether it will work or not, and nothing in a tournament fighter should be up to chance. This shit needs fixing asap.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
lol @ Full-Auto.

Besides that yeah, especially the 2nd Fatality because that one is my favorite but I never do it due to the goofy sound bug.

They really need to widen the spread of low shotgun blast, that shit is infuriating inconsistent and specific when used after certain attacks and strings.

The Slaj Jazz

TIckle my sweet salty nips
Your trying to upload with Share Factory right? I can't get it to work either.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Just whatever the "Export to Youtube" feature is that Twitch uses. Usually I can just make a highlight and hit that button, and 5-45 minutes later my video shows up. It's officially been 2 days and multiple attempts.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
You may of had the problem I was having a bit ago.

MK auto-saves and such every so often(resulting in a bunch of autosave success notifications), and the sleep mode on PS4 fucks with that or something so you'll end up with a list of "auto-save failed" notifications. You get a ton of these to the point of your notifications reaching a limit, and at that limit you won't be able to upload anything whatsoever until you manually delete older notifications from the "uploads" section to make room.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Character specific combos are one thing, but combos that affect random characters at random times based on random factors is completely different.
Being out of range for a certain string isn't random. There are fighters where certain string will only work on certain characters if one is in their face.