What's new

Question - Royal Storm Not sure where to post this

I'm a straight up noob for this game, just looking for help from people to get better with Kitana. I had the game since release but put it down for a few months cuz I just couldn't play but i really want to learn, if your willing to teach/help me plz add me on Xbone XxDeathDaKidxX thank you

InfamousSloth

Infused with Greatness
I'm a straight up noob for this game, just looking for help from people to get better with Kitana. I had the game since release but put it down for a few months cuz I just couldn't play but i really want to learn, if your willing to teach/help me plz add me on Xbone XxDeathDaKidxX thank you
I can't teach you because, I'm on PS4 but I'll give you some tips here.
Go for Kitanas: Back 1,4 string (which is X,B) on Xbox one, that is one of her few mixup options, experienced players will block low the whole time against Kitana, because she has no Overhead option that you can combo off of. She has an overhead that knocks them down and thats it, but don't be afraid to use it. The overhead will stop them from blocking low the whole time, you can also do a grab which is 12%. You should look up some easy combos called BnB, they are simple to execute and do a lot of damage, Kitana especially, because she is one of the characters that can do a lot of damage without using enhanced meter. Learn all of her combo strings, because all of them can come in handy. For example, 1,1,2 (X,X,Y) it can be comboed into a fan throw and gives you a damaging combo.

When you get comfortable with Kitana there is another very useful playstyle which is called 'Zoning', you keep your opponent away with her fan throw until they make a mistake, for example jump and get hit by the fan, this gives Kitana the opportunity to combo off of that air fan into 30%.
The best technique for zoning is doing an 'Instant air fan' that means, you jump and input the fan throw, VERY quickly, Kitanas air fan is at perfect height then, it doesnt pass over the character on the ground, and they can't jump over it. It takes a lot of practice but its is very useful.

Look up Kitanas corner combos, thats where her damage is the most useful in, she can get 45% with one bar of enhanced meter.

Hope this helped :)

Thank you, im trying to finger out what to do to punish people and i cannot get the hang of instant air fans but im going to keep trying

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
you should look into :Mournful:

i think it could be as strong as RS in certain MU's... i just like Jade:)

but seriously,

her Df4 shadow kick has pushback which makes it generally safe on block, and on hit it mid to full screen gaps.

her DF1(on ground) hits Mid and recovers relatively quickly! great zoning tool:)

her DF1(in Air) is an overhead. nuff said, she has an OH starter with EX version of this special:)

she gains Jade like lockups with EX ground Glaive(DF1) adds mixup options from there you can IA Glaive(OH)/B14(low)/or grab(Throw)

I try to get into mournful but idk i feel like im using jade and not kitana, i always liked kitana because she used fans it was unique to me ha, i can't get into mournful im willing to keep trying thank you for your input

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
I try to get into mournful but idk i feel like im using jade and not kitana, i always liked kitana because she used fans it was unique to me ha, i can't get into mournful im willing to keep trying thank you for your input
just saying in Mournful you gain an OH starter and a few more mixups with bar.
and imo i think its a far better zoning version of her if used properly.
RS you have to use that slow ass B2 tisk tisk... i like all the variations, but prefer Morunful for obvious resons, hope you find her as fun as i have:)

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
I totally get you. While Mournful may be better (which most do not agree), the whole fun of Kitana is her fans. I have given Mounful a try (and will keep on doing so), it just does not feel like I am playing Kitana. It is a bit like playing Dhalsim with short arms or Ryu without a haduken / shoruken

If I wanted to use Jade I'd go back to MK9.

DeeDogg

Forever a student of the game
So how long did it take you guys to learn the instant air fans? seems pretty difficult to do