What's new

No Win/Loss, but Ranking system

Like in COD, or any other competitive online games, there's usually a K/D or W/L Stat that people will go out of their way to make a new account to get a better record. In a way, it does show how good that person that is, but not really. In a FPS game, if you want a high K/D, Camp...... In a fighting game, you play scrubs based on their records. I have no clue how do fix the system for FPS, but I at least think I have a solution for Mortal Kombat.

Instead of a Win/Lose Record that people care so much about, Replace it with a Ranking system. Or point system like they show you if you go to leader boards. If you have more points or ranked higher, and you play scrubs, you'll never rank up or get more points, but your at risk for losing a lot of points or your rank if you accidentally lose. However, if you are ranked much lower than someone or have much less points, you lose hardly anything.

This system will encourage people to not care about their records as much and play people who are better than them so they too can improve.

I hope something like this gets implanted in MK10, because I'm tired of people with a 10/1 W/L ratio decline me enough though I'm like a 3:1. And I'm tired of people who have worst record than mine decline me because they actually care about their records also.

yeah i say this long before!
i was 4 months top on leaderboards, 5700/1000 and thats is more troble 4 me than everything else!
1- ppl dont fight me
2- ppl fight, win maybe 1 match, quit and thrashtalk forever (i beat him~repeat)
3- ppl get hide accounts to fight, i mean ppl there r in leaderboards as well

as u can see, threre is ONLY troble with that shit!

should be imho like in ssf4, only a ranked system
please NRS let the casual players have their peace and fun xD

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
The problem with online fighting right now is that they don't garner to how it is played offline. The King of the Hill stuff is awesome for casual gamers. It should stay. It gets people into the game and to show how awesome they are amongst their friends.

However, the ranked should garner to offline play. They need to take a hint from the Halo matchmaking and true skill to match players that are relatively similar (or an option to play higher ranked... preferably only 2-3 levels up) at a best of 3. Forcing them to play you at least one more match will weed out the players that are there to jack around ... and those that are there to learn match ups. It will also show more of a true skill in the game... as one match is not enough to really adjust gameplay.

This all obviously assuming the net code is fixed so that gameplay actually mirrors offline...