What's new

New PS2 to PS4 Controller Adapter

C-Sword

Noob

Brook Accessory sent me this adapter for review. I had never heard of this company before stumbling across one of the adapters they made on videogamesnewyork.com about 2 months ago. I ended up buying 2 of their adapters, one was to use a PS3 controller on the Xbox One and the other was to use a PS3 controller on the PS4. They both exceeded my expectations. Not only there was no noticeable lag, but I was also glad that they did not require the original controllers for verification.

I recently found interest in playing Mortal Kombat X again after ignoring it for the likes of Guilty Gear Xrd -Sign- and Killer Instinct. The DualShock 2 is often my controller of choice for fighting games. I already had a PS2 to PS4 adapter, but it was custom made using the Hori Fighting Commander 4's PCB and that thing was the size of a power brick. I needed something more portable. So I set out to search for the best PS2 to PS4 controller adapter available. A fellow forum member brought up the Mayflash converter, but it didn't catch my attention all that much because it needed a DualShock 4 to be connected before use and it only worked with games that supported the Lab Zero drivers. When I found out that Brook Accessory had made a PS2 to PS4 controller adapter, I just had to get my hands on one.

The adapter has a home button on it, its case is about the same size as the Xtokki's. Like the other adapters from the same manufacturer, this one here is plug and play, no DualShock 4 is needed before use, no re-authentication required and it doesn't have any noticeable lag. You can now play Injustice, Guilty Gear Xrd and the Street Fighter V beta with a Playstation 2 controller.

Why use a DualShock 2 over a DualShock 4? The d-pad of the former is looser and is much easier to move around. The shoulder buttons are not shaped like triggers and do not get stuck as fast. Aren't you tired of replacing your DualShock 4 due to a sticky R2? Overall, the DualShock 2 has better build quality.

Not only does this adapter support the DualShock 2, but you can also use any other PS2 controllers like the ones shown below:

Here's a quick combo video I made using a DualShock 2

@Icepick
@ESG Jagged
@MadeFromMetal
@chemist4hire
@Pig Of The Hut
@REDARROWBUGGY7

Last edited:

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
Nice!!! You bought it off videogamesnewyork? I wonder if they have the ps2 to xb1 converter as well.

Edit: NVM...see they sent it for review. Now I wonder where they actually sell em.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
If they could make a PS4/3/360 -> XB1 I'd be soooo happy.

I'm sick of having to ravel to Youphemisms house with a Playstation just to play :p

OBS|KH Rattlehead

Accessibility consultant for Mortal Kombat 1.
I too, am interested in this converter. Where could I pruchase it or when for that matter lol. But seriously, I am 100% interested.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
This is fantastic! I know a lot of people who would use this.

I would probably just buy one myself and bring it to tournaments as a loner.

Kevin 7

The bad boy scout
I'm very interested. Links would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for letting the community know about this. I'm excited.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
one was to use a PS3 controller on the Xbox One They both exceeded my expectations. Not only there was no noticeable lag, but I was also glad that they did not require the original controllers for verification.
awesome i just got my XB1 a few days back, this will go nicely with it, freaking awesome!

now from what i understood the converters for ps4 worked off the lab zero driver that allowed PS3 sticks for most adapters!

how does this one work? how does this allow it without XB1C?

is it using the lab zero driver like the legacy ps3 sticks? if you dont mind me asking, i just wan't to know how it works?

C-Sword

Noob
awesome i just got my XB1 a few days back, this will go nicely with it, freaking awesome!

now from what i understood the converters for ps4 worked off the lab zero driver that allowed PS3 sticks for most adapters!

how does this one work? how does this allow it without XB1C?

is it using the lab zero driver like the legacy ps3 sticks? if you dont mind me asking, i just wan't to know how it works?
All the Brook converters I posted do not utilize the Lab Zero Drivers, that's why they can be used for any games, not just Skull Girls, MKX and USFIV, but also GG XRD, Injustice and the SFV beta. I was told they used the original controller chip.

There's no lag as far as I can tell.