What's new

Tech - Scorpion New Armor Breaking

Theflyingrocky

Kneel Before Grodd
So on the new patch I started to wonder what options ninjitsu had to armor break 2 hits of armor. I finally came across this tech which I haven't seen talked about anywhere.

Now that exTakedown has 2 hits of armor and hits twice it should break armor if it is special canceled into.

I found that b3exTakedown breaks all 2 hitting armor attacks if timed correctly. I have only tested reptiles slide, subs slide, Kitanas throat slice and aliens chop chop.

Edit: Just tested on laos teleport b3exTeleport will break and fI'll combo punishes it. However the b3 into takedown will not work on lao due to the nature of his armor.

Now this should work in every variation of scorpion and I think is something scorpion players should implement in their okie game.

Note it does cost meter so it can't be spammed. And is full combo punished on block

If anyone has found anything better please discuss it below but this could be big.

@Mitsuownes
@YOMI RM JagoBlake
@Eddy Wang
Sorry to any other scorpion players I missed

Last edited:

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Interesting. Only thing is don't they lose armor during active frames iirc which may explain why it works. I will have to test it out myself when I hv the chance.

Theflyingrocky

Kneel Before Grodd
Takedown Works on
Alien
Jax
Kenshi
Kitana-careful with timing
SZ
Cassie Hollywood with timing
Spec ops Cassie
Kung jin
Tanya
Thunder God raiden
Quan sorcerer and summoner
Cage
Shinnok-wirh timing on shoulder-when he starts to stand
Goro-very tight timing on breaking his stop and must be point blank
D'vorah
Mileena
Csz
Sektor-when he starts to stand
Tremor
Ermac
Liu kang
Erron black-hard to do must be at edge of b3 range and time it it's later than you'd think. Easy with ninjitsu as walk back f2 takedown Works every time

Characters b3 into ex tp breaks armor on.

Lao
Mileena
D'vorah-brood mother and swarm queen
D'vorah venomous- spacing needed
Cyrax-some spacing but also can pseudo hit confirm as in can cancel teleport intof Empay pott.

Fails on
master of storms raiden
Dispatcher Raiders teleport
Smoke
Quan warlock
Jason slasher
Brawler Cassie
Hollywood if not properly spaced
I'm still working through this will keep you poster

Last edited:

Raiderhorn

White Lotus
I didn't think Scorpion as a whole but especially Ninjitsu which is highly known for his armor breaking would have this anymore. Nice post!

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
No joke, I legit thought this was a thread made by Tweedy and I was confused because I was like "Tweedy doesn't play Scorpion, why did he make this?"

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
i think the tech you need to find first is which characters have a double armored move that can't be punished by backdash, jumping, or blocking, on hard read. Because you can do that without risking a bar and being -35 or whatever in your opponents face. And I'm not sure that there is any such armor.