What's new

NetherRealm Studios Demos 7 Minutes of MKX Story Mode + More

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
It's Friday! And with it, another one of NetherRealm Studios' semi-regular studiocasts. Having shown a good deal of the game's Versus mode in previous streams, the focus today was on the game's story mode, as Tyler Lansdown and Shaun Himmerick unveiled a sizable chunk of the game's 1st chapter.

In the game clip, we see Johnny Cage, Sonya, and Kenshi headed out with a Special Forces squadron to intercept an EarthRealm invasion, as a couple of unexpected visitors show up to crash the party and threaten the team.

The crew at NetherRealm also went through a demonstration of Johnny Cage's variations, showcasing the Noob Saibot-esque clones of his Stunt Double format, and the charge-based powerups of the A-Lister style.

Be on the lookout for another upcoming stream in the next couple of weeks.

The archive of the entire stream can be viewed here:
http://www.twitch.tv/netherrealm/b/636432151

Youtube Video Credit: @Ara Saf

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

I think Sub-Zero's costume was his "Dark" costume. Y'know, kinda like we saw for Kitana and a few others. I'm sure it has something to do with the story.

D

Deleted member 35141

The game looks amazing. This may be a dumb question but is there anyway that is noob resurrected back to sub zero cause the only time sub zero and scorpion worked together was when he was noob

The game looks amazing. This may be a dumb question but is there anyway that is noob resurrected back to sub zero cause the only time sub zero and scorpion worked together was when he was noob
Johnny resurrected Noob so that he could use his powers in his stunt double variation, before killing him again.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Also, the alternate version of the Destroyed City stage... different NPCs in the background, plus a different time of day. Interesting...

Gamer68

Fujin!
I wouldn't be surprised if we get more than that
According to the guy who apparently has been leaking things, we will get 3-4 costumes for most characters. So far we know that Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Kitana has 3 alts. I wouldn't be surprised if Jax has 3 too (2 normals, 1 evil costume). On the stream, they also mentioned another alternate for Johnny Cage.

Montanx

Thats why they call this thing bloodsport, kid.
Boo at Saibot comparisons. Black garbed awesome looking ninja>Middle aged D-bag.

According to the guy who apparently has been leaking things, we will get 3-4 costumes for most characters. So far we know that Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Kitana has 3 alts. I wouldn't be surprised if Jax has 3 too (2 normals, 1 evil costume). On the stream, they also mentioned another alternate for Johnny Cage.
That makes me very happy if its true. One free alternate is simply not enough :)