What's new

Question - Commando Need serious help with my wake ups

saelig

Noob
Now I'm no scrub, I am 300/40 on ranked with commando. But lately (and I don't know if people are just getting better or something has been changed) but I can honestly say that 80% of my losses are from failed mb command grab and mb ball wake ups. I feel it is my timing but the window seems so tight that I am getting seriously punished for it - especially in the corner.
There has to be something I am missing, I would never quitality.. But its getting to that point with the frustration.
I feel it has something to do with hard/normal knock downs so any info and tips would be much appreciated!

BloodyNights

"My kunai will find it's mark."
Different characters have different advantages on knock down attacks. So that is probably your biggest problem.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
I have the same problem too when I try commando every once in a while.I think the game thinks your doing a delayed wake up when you input dbf, maybe registers the down. I would say practice in offline

saelig

Noob
I have the same problem too when I try commando every once in a while.I think the game thinks your doing a delayed wake up when you input dbf, maybe registers the down. I would say practice in offline
I did wonder if that was an issue but kanoball does it as well. Is there any way you can be knocked down that stops you being able to wake up?

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
Now I'm no scrub, I am 300/40 on ranked with commando. But lately (and I don't know if people are just getting better or something has been changed) but I can honestly say that 80% of my losses are from failed mb command grab and mb ball wake ups. I feel it is my timing but the window seems so tight that I am getting seriously punished for it - especially in the corner.
There has to be something I am missing, I would never quitality.. But its getting to that point with the frustration.
I feel it has something to do with hard/normal knock downs so any info and tips would be much appreciated!
Are you sure you're not trying to wake up from a hard knock down? Also, if you're one of "those" that enjoy holding down when you've been knocked down, you gotta know you can't wake up or tech roll after pulling that one. I say "those" 'cause it annoys me as it breaks my pressure lol But I'm confident I'll find a way of punishing people for doing so. In time. I've actually been thinking on using that as an opening to land a plus move and re-new my pressure he/she broke when decided to stay on the floor.

BloodyNights

Examples being if Sonya does 11,11,11,114 in the corner you'll be able to wake up faster than if they do 11,11,2134 as 2134 has more advantage before you can input the wake up. Scorpion's B32F2 also has heavy advantage, you can't input your wake up until the character's legs touch the ground.

saelig

Noob
Are you sure you're not trying to wake up from a hard knock down? Also, if you're one of "those" that enjoy holding down when you've been knocked down, you gotta know you can't wake up or tech roll after pulling that one. I say "those" 'cause it annoys me as it breaks my pressure lol But I'm confident I'll find a way of punishing people for doing so. In time. I've actually been thinking on using that as an opening to land a plus move and re-new my pressure he/she broke when decided to stay on the floor.
I do wonder if it is hard knock downs causing the issue but how do you know you have been hard knock downed other than the move that was used on you?

saelig

Noob
Examples being if Sonya does 11,11,11,114 in the corner you'll be able to wake up faster than if they do 11,11,2134 as 2134 has more advantage before you can input the wake up. Scorpion's B32F2 also has heavy advantage, you can't input your wake up until the character's legs touch the ground.
Ah that's interesting to know... So you just have to learn the timing for each move that grounded you? Rough...

BloodyNights

Ah that's interesting to know... So you just have to learn the timing for each move that grounded you? Rough...
Yeah pretty much, can't just wake up with ease, gotta know how and when so you don't miss your input window.

Airvidal

I do wonder if it is hard knock downs causing the issue but how do you know you have been hard knock downed other than the move that was used on you?
You HAVE to learn which moves will leave you on a hard knock down, just as the person using it learned it and is why he/she used it. Anyway, you can't tech roll when they do a hard knock down. Last but not least, I believe on hard knock downs you end up facing the floor. With normal knock downs, you end up facing up while your back is on the floor.

saelig

Noob
You HAVE to learn which moves will leave you on a hard knock down, just as the person using it learned it and is why he/she used it. Anyway, you can't tech roll when they do a hard knock down. Last but not least, I believe on hard knock downs you end up facing the floor. With normal knock downs, you end up facing up while your back is on the floor.
Hmm, will have to see if I notice that.
You can still wake up from a hard knock down correct? you just have to wait longer before inputting the commands.

Airvidal

Hmm, will have to see if I notice that.
You can still wake up from a hard knock down correct? you just have to wait longer before inputting the commands.
Yeah, you just gotta delay the wake up input as you're stuck to the floor for a few frames...But yeah, it gets a bit difficult to do when you're not used to waking up from a hkd.

thats what happens. i think it is not possible to do a wakeup from a delayed get up, right?