What's new

Nausea (MoS Ermac) Wins Glasgow Kombat Weekly #1 - Round 1!

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I finally managed to make it back to my local on Tuesday! And in the spirit of competitiveness and fun we decided that we'd start doing a small weekly tournament, so once everyone had turned up we set up a bracket :) We'll be doing this every week, with every second week being themed around a specific character or variation! Every odd week I personally will pick one variation I find interesting that I've been working on and play it throughout the entirety of the tournament like I did this week with Gunslinger Erron.

There were only 8 entrants but considering the usual turnout that's great for us lol :tonyt Here's hoping more people turn up!

Here's the top 3 for this week:
1st. @Nausea (Master of Souls Ermac)
2nd. Bigfool (Kobu Jutsu Tanya)
3rd. Youphemism (Gunslinger Erron Black)

From left to right: Nausea, Youphemism, Bigfool

Commiserations to
ricey (Hellfire Scorpion/Full Auto Jacqui),
@Scott The Scot (Grandmaster SZ/Hollywood Cassie/Outlaw Erron Black),
Azarath (Venomous D'Vorah),
Suleymon (Crystalline Tremor) and
Superjohn (Assassin Kitana).
There's always next week! Anyone could win...

For the full bracket click here: http://challonge.com/mkglasgow1

There were a bunch of insane comebacks and clutch moments throughout the tournament, and this was only the first week! There were comebacks on both sides in losers finals and grand finals especially! I tried to record all of the matches on the one setup we had but the software was messing up so we only have the last half of the matches recorded I'm afraid. I know what went wrong though so next week we should hopefully have every match recorded properly. We'll also hopefully have commentary! Here's the matches that weren't messed up:

Unfortunately we won't be able to stream any of the tournaments as the internet isn't great at the venue, but I'll have all the matches and commentary recorded and uploaded to my YouTube every week.

Next week's theme: Glasgo...ro Kombat?! :eek:

All players next week will be playing one or more variations of Goro throughout the entire tournament! Be sure to tune in (to the YT videos anyway) to see the major-winning mayhem that is the Shokan Prince fight against...the Shokan Prince and...the Shokan...Prince...............GORO!!!

If by some miracle there are Scots near enough the Glasgow area reading this that would like to get into competitive MK then feel free to come along and join in! We'll help you out as much as we can, even if you're only there for the character specific weeks ;) Anyone interested in coming along can join the Facebook group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GlasgowKombat or those that don't have Facebook can just come visit, we run every Tuesday night at MaxXP Gaming: 29-31 Duke St, Glasgow from 3:30pm to 9:30pm.

@Scott The Scot
@Hawfy what of you sir? :p

Side note: I need a bloody converter, the PS4 pad is outrageously bad. Messed up a bunch of stuff :( and Nausea you better believe I'm learning the Ermac matchup for week 3 :cool:

Attachments

Youphemism

Didn't even play Kano
Read the thread m8 and you'll see why I didn't play him this week. Playing him week 3 though since I need to get him back to top shape for Rival Scenes in November.
So next week is just goro mirrors for every match?
Every. Single. Match. You're not variation locked though so you can play any variation or variations you like as long as you play Goro.
How many setups are there?
There are a few, but because I'm trying to record all the matches we use the one setup. Plus there's only 8 people so only 14 matches and it only takes about an hour and a halfish to get through them all/record it all.

Youphemism

Tim Static

Adminerator
Lol it's not a competition haha ;)

Sure, don't see why not. You want me to re-make this picture that I just made but instead make it banner sized?
Remake it or whatever it takes to make a banner version as well as the avatar size. Having both would definitely help when we promote your group via front page/facebook etc

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Remake it or whatever it takes to make a banner version as well as the avatar size. Having both would definitely help when we promote your group via front page/facebook etc
Gotcha, I'll get to it soon. Probably do it whilst watching the NRS stream. What dimention would you say a banner is?

Youphemism

Well spelling ain't getting the job done ;) Had no idea I spelt it wrong, cheers! :)

@Tim Static the avatar look better when smaller because small details don't matter as much but I banner-fied the picture for you anyway at 1280x720 lol
Lol no problemo, but you spelled "spelled" wrong...That's ironic :D