What's new

Nausea (Deceptive Reptile) Wins Glasgow Kombat Weekly #3

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
After a week off due to most people being absent we got back to our usual bracket, with only some people being absent this week. We had Nausea returning from Red Fight District where he made top 16 so congratulations to him! Though we were only left with 6 and the console was missing the hotfix for some reason (which was messing up run cancels for a few of us, myself included) we got on with the bracket anyways and had some good matches :)

Man of the night definitely goes to Azarath who not only got his first top 3 but was playing out of his mind in a FT5 he had offscreen with Nausea's Raiden before the tournament started and was pulling off some of the most amazing conversions I've seen from a D'Vorah since @HoneyBee . Meanwhile I was off at InputErrorFest 2015 with my good friend ol' buddy ol' pal Mr PS4 Pad this week but once I get my converter (which should be within two weeks) I won't have to worry about that any more :D

It seems this week Nausea's relentless Deceptive pressure was too much for his opponents to handle but he didn't get there easily...Bigfool fought him twice and wasn't for letting him take him out without a fight, even pulling out a new variation in grand finals!

Here's your Top 3 for this week:
1st. Nausea (Deceptive Reptile)
2nd. Bigfool (Kobu Jutsu Tanya, Dragon Naginata Tanya, Crystalline Tremor)
3rd. Azarath (Venomous D'Vorah)

From left to right: Nausea (pointing to his Red Fight District armband), Bigfool, Azarath

Commiserations to
Youphemism (Thunder God Raiden)
Scott the Scot (Hollywood Cassie)
Liam (Inferno Scorpion, A-List Johnny Cage)

For the full bracket click here: http://www.challonge.com/mkglasgow3

We had some pretty hype moments this week, and the archive didn't mess up so you guys get to see them all! We had Liam taunting his opponent by ending a match with an xray and fatality only to be thrown back a brutality, someone making a true master comeback, Nausea and Bigfools usual epic back and forth bouts full of comebacks and hype close-to-death moments. Check out the archive below:

Of course if there are more Scots near enough the Glasgow area reading this that would like to get into competitive MK then feel free to come along and join in! You don't even have to take part in the tournament if you don't want to, you're welcome to come play casuals with us all night if that's what you prefer. Either way we'll help you out as much as we can :) Anyone interested in coming along can join the Facebook group here: http://www.facebook.com/groups/GlasgowKombat or those that don't have Facebook can just come visit, we run every Tuesday night at MaxXP Gaming: 29-31 Duke St, Glasgow from 3:30pm to 9:30pm. Tournament signups start at 6pm and the tournament starts at 6:30pm.

PS. We'll do another character-specific week (but maybe not for another month or so as we have to prepare for a team competition) and want to know what you think: who should the character be? Just the same as week 2, Goro week, we'll be stuck to only that character that week but we'll be allowed to play any number of the variations of that character. Let us know who you want to see that week! We'll go with whoever gets the most votes unless we decide we want to play someone else :tonyt

@Nausea
@BigFool
@Scott The Scot
@Rearawt
@Wigy
@Hawfy
@Hollywood DMS
@Tim Static

Attachments

Last edited:

Nausea

Soul Ascended
Haha good to know that you really play Reptile, I thought you were switching to him cause I'm a scrub
Yeah I like taking Reptile a spin now and again but after I 10-0'd you with my main (MoS Ermac), I thought i'd give you a chance ;)

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Yeah last week we were missing the numbers and @Scott The Scot was one of them who brings a set up! It's back to normal now man so come down and get involved! :D
I hate having to do it because there is going to be times where I can't make it and sombody else will have to bring theirs! :p
this week was pretty good despite the numbers. glasgow y u so dead ;-; ggs anyway and thanks for the props on the conversions now i need to get better at it for rival scenes lol
Are you the real Azxrath!? Like, the one from the Top 3 picture?

...You're in my swamp now.