What's new

My Final Tribute to The Gods Among Us......

First, I’d like to apologize as I realize this entire post is about 3+ months too late. I’d honestly intended to make and finish it just prior to MKX’s release as I figured nobody would care afterward...but it didn't work otu that way, so I hope you will all indulge my silly interest in a game which at this point is deader than disco :)

People of Test Your Might, it is my great pleasure to present to you all Injustice: A Farewell:

(NOTE, be sure to watch in 60FPS, I spent a lot of time rendering this damnit :p )

Let me tell you all a little something about what Injustice means to me.
The past year or so has been without a doubt one of the most formative of my entire life. I spent most of last year dealing with the stress of a parent who eventually left this world. Along with this I was greeted with the news that I was going to be a parent for the first time, a responsibility I honestly wasn’t sure I was really cut out for. Also there was the fact that I was beginning to realize that my chosen career path was going nowhere and would likely never be enough to support a family, and the eventually fruitful efforts I had to make to shift my entire career to something new.
Throughout all of this, there were two constants in my life. One of them was my wife, who I am ever grateful for helping me through all this insanity. (EDIT: Yeah, that was a lie. My *EX*wife is a narcissitic borderline who I don't have to appease anymore. She can fuck off.)
The other, was a little game called Injustice.

Every day, anytime I got low and things were just too much...Injustice was there for me. Online sessions everyday, streams and tournaments every other. It was always there for me, and more than even that, so was test your might and all of its wonderful unique characters. When I initially started making art for this game I honestly wasn’t sure what to expect, but I never imagined waking up to catch stream archives and see top players actually repping it on the salt cam or give me shoutouts on stream. Some might think it unimportant...but hey, it meant a lot to me.

If this sounds like a goodbye...don’t take it as such. My lack of a next gen console and refusal to deal with high voltages bullcrap has sadly prevented me from jumping headfirst into MKX with the rest of you, and I’m not sure I’ll ever have the free time to make art like I used to….but I’ll always be a proud member of this community.

Realest of real talks:

Thank you test your might, and members of the NRS community...for everything.

You’re all fucking beautiful.

…..Oh, and of course, what would all this be without a shirt to cap the whole thing off with:

@FOREVER KING
@EMPEROR_JUPITER
@HoneyBee
@KDZ
@DarthArma
@KingHippo
@cR WoundCowboy
@Blind_Ducky
@EMPEROR_THEO
@Hitbox_Tyrant
@Filipino Man
@Pig Of The Hut
@AK L0rdoftheFLY
@GGA 16 Bit
@GGA pimpimjim
@GGA Max
@YOMI DJT
@cR_whiteboi
@Mr Aquaman
@Decay
@Digit
@rev0lver
@xKhaoTik
@Relaxedstate
@The PantyChrist
@Slips
@deg222
@YOMI RM SaltFace
@SonicFox5000

EDIT: Oh damnit all, how could I forget. Shoutouts to Mr. Aquaman, Wonderchef for their help in getting photos of everyone!

EDIT2: For those wondering, Redbubble does sell art prints and everything from cofeemugs to iphone cases, so if you just follow the link there should be options for other items.

Thanks for all the kind words, but also, just to clarify for those asking, I'm not leaving or anything dramatic like that. I'll still post and check TYM regularly, I just don't have the time to make art or be active like I used to be. Having a kid and a real job where I can't set my own hours or check whenever I want will kinda do that XD

Attachments

Last edited:

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
Dat shirt JNDKZONEVRUKDM Kreygasm. Buying one 100%

This is literally one of the best videos I've ever seen.

@Eric Z19 I think I can speak on behalf of the community that we're very happy that you're a part of it :D. You're awesome man. I hope we can see more creative stuff from you in MKX!

Last edited:

IMakeItL00kC00L

Do not provoke a god
I love you so much for this. I love this game. This was the game that got me into the FGC so it definitely has a special place in my heart, and im so glad that you made such an awesome tribute to a special and great game that means so much to you.

Much love, thanks, and respect to you eric

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
First, I’d like to apologize as I realize this entire post is about 3+ months too late. I’d honestly intended to make and finish it just prior to MKX’s release as I figured nobody would care afterward...but it didn't work otu that way, so I hope you will all indulge my silly interest in a game which at this point is deader than disco :)

People of Test Your Might, it is my great pleasure to present to you all Injustice: A Farewell:

(NOTE, be sure to watch in 60FPS, I spent a lot of time rendering this damnit :p )

The past year or so has been without a doubt one of the most formative of my entire life. I spent most of last year dealing with the stress of a parent who eventually left this world. Along with this I was greeted with the news that I was going to be a parent for the first time, a responsibility I honestly wasn’t sure I was really cut out for. Also there was the fact that I was beginning to realize that my chosen career path was going nowhere and would likely never be enough to support a family, and the eventually fruitful efforts I had to make to shift my entire career to something new.
Throughout all of this, there were two constants in my life. One of them was my wife, who I am ever grateful for helping me through all this insanity. The other, was a little game called Injustice.

Every day, anytime I got low and things were just too much...Injustice was there for me. Online sessions everyday, streams and tournaments every other. It was always there for me, and more than even that, so was test your might and all of its wonderful unique characters. When I initially started making art for this game I honestly wasn’t sure what to expect, but I never imagined waking up to catch stream archives and see top players actually repping it on the salt cam or give me shoutouts on stream. Some might think it unimportant...but hey, it meant a lot to me.

If this sounds like a goodbye...don’t take it as such. My lack of a next gen console and refusal to deal with high voltages bullcrap has sadly prevented me from jumping headfirst into MKX with the rest of you, and I’m not sure I’ll ever have the free time to make art like I used to….but I’ll always be a proud member of this community.

Realest of real talks:

…..Oh, and of course, what would all this be without a shirt to cap the whole thing off with:

@FOREVER KING
@EMPEROR_JUPITER
@HoneyBee
@KDZ
@DarthArma
@KingHippo
@cR WoundCowboy
@Blind_Ducky
@EMPEROR_THEO
@Hitbox_Tyrant
@Filipino Man
@Pig Of The Hut
@AK L0rdoftheFLY
@GGA 16 Bit
@GGA pimpimjim
@GGA Max
@YOMI DJT
@cR_whiteboi
@Mr Aquaman
@Decay
@Digit
@rev0lver
@xKhaoTik
@Relaxedstate
@The PantyChrist
@Slips
@deg222
@YOMI RM SaltFace
@SonicFox5000

EDIT: Oh damnit all, how could I forget. Shoutouts to Mr. Aquaman, Wonderchef for their help in getting photos of everyone!
Link to buy now plz

Best shirt ever

Last edited:

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

Throughout all of this, there were two constants in my life. One of them was my wife, who I am ever grateful for helping me through all this insanity. The other, was a little game called Injustice.

Realest of real talks:

@FOREVER KING
@EMPEROR_JUPITER
@HoneyBee
@KDZ
@DarthArma
@KingHippo
@cR WoundCowboy
@Blind_Ducky
@EMPEROR_THEO
@Hitbox_Tyrant
@Filipino Man
@Pig Of The Hut
@AK L0rdoftheFLY
@GGA 16 Bit
@GGA pimpimjim
@GGA Max
@YOMI DJT
@cR_whiteboi
@Mr Aquaman
@Decay
@Digit
@rev0lver
@xKhaoTik
@Relaxedstate
@The PantyChrist
@Slips
@deg222
@YOMI RM SaltFace
@SonicFox5000

You're the best Eric and thank you!!!

Your work has impeccable taste and talent written all over it