What's new

Mortal Kombat X Suggested Guest Characters by IGN

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
While no platform exclusive characters are planned for Mortal Kombat X, that certainly does leave wiggle room for 'Guest characters' among the realms. Guest characters have most certainly been a hit for NetherRealm Studios titles starting especially with Freddy Krueger in Mortal Kombat 9 followed by Scorpion in Injustice.

IGN recently posted a video with five characters their audience seems to think would be good candidates for guest DLC. Me personally... I hope one or two of them become a reality.

Check out the video here!
ignguest.png

E

Eldriken

If you actually would rather have a guest character take the spot of an existing or new MK character, I'm going to have to ask you to GTFO.
What difference does it make? Chances are it's going to happen whether someone wants it to or not.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
If you actually would rather have a guest character take the spot of an existing or new MK character, I'm going to have to ask you to GTFO.
Wait you were trying to push Khrome as an original character not a guest character?
Damn, that's brave.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Ehh I'll skip on Raiden from MGS. We already have a badder Raiden ;)

Said it before, will say it again.

1. Michael Myers-Before Jason, more badass than Jason and unlike him Myers doesn't need his mommy to help kill for him...

2. T800-A Terminator would just be freaking badass in MK.

3. Riddick-He'd fit right in, he's a cutthroat, badass killer anti-hero. I noticed finally more people on IGN at least have mentioned him, I have mentioned him since MK 9. Why don't more people consider this guy I don't know, he'd be arguably FAR better than stupid Sweettooth or Jason honestly. He's an actual fighter, kills people and is ruthless not to mention has some power via his inner furian background.

4. Predator-For obvious reasons he'd fit in.

5. Rorschach or V-I think either of these two would fit in via their personality and style, V an enhanced badass rebel with knives. And Rorschach is just badass and crazy at the same time, he's also pretty brutal.

ANY of the above would fit perfectly in MKU.

I really don't think Frank The Bunny, Ash, Pinhead or Spawn would fit in MK. Spawn maybe theme wise but honestly we already have Scorpion who is MK's spawn in many ways. Save Spawn for Injustice 2 guest character...

JDM

Noob
I love the MK franchise more than any other fighter ever. HOWEVER guest characters are awesome. :)

There's no such thing as "taking a spot up" either. If they are making a guest character, they are making a guest character. It's not like "oh, we need an extra space... let's cut this guy to make room for him".

And there will be a guest character, Boon has already said the guest characters have been the highest selling DLC in Inj and MK9. My guess is Jason Vorhees. Would LOVE for him to be in an MK game :3

Levaranoia

War God
Ehh I'll skip on Raiden from MGS. We already have a badder Raiden ;)

Said it before, will say it again.

1. Michael Myers-Before Jason, more badass than Jason and unlike him Myers doesn't need his mommy to help kill for him...

2. T800-A Terminator would just be freaking badass in MK.

3. Riddick-He'd fit right in, he's a cutthroat, badass killer anti-hero. I noticed finally more people on IGN at least have mentioned him, I have mentioned him since MK 9. Why don't more people consider this guy I don't know, he'd be arguably FAR better than stupid Sweettooth or Jason honestly. He's an actual fighter, kills people and is ruthless not to mention has some power via his inner furian background.

4. Predator-For obvious reasons he'd fit in.

5. Rorschach or V-I think either of these two would fit in via their personality and style, V an enhanced badass rebel with knives. And Rorschach is just badass and crazy at the same time, he's also pretty brutal.

ANY of the above would fit perfectly in MKU.

I really don't think Frank The Bunny, Ash, Pinhead or Spawn would fit in MK. Spawn maybe theme wise but honestly we already have Scorpion who is MK's spawn in many ways. Save Spawn for Injustice 2 guest character...
nah, we're good on your ideas bruh.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
@JDM I agree with this guy, if the character FITS who cares if it's outside of MKU or not? Just think Ferra/Torr doesn't look like a mainstream MK character yet the theme of both fit into MK. MK now also has a very boarderline horror theme going on, so of course certain characters that have a darker vibe to them can fit in.

nah, we're good on your ideas bruh.
Maybe you are, but pretty sure others have wanted Predator, Myers and Riddick in MK brah

Brutal Chimney

vaporus punching bag
@JDM I agree with this guy, if the character FITS who cares if it's outside of MKU or not? Just think Ferra/Torr doesn't look like a mainstream MK character yet the theme of both fit into MK.
just because they're in the game doesn't mean they fit. MK characters are famous for their darker plots and ability to kill brutally, but they are at their core martial artist. take that away and they fit more with those cheesey MK horror knockoffs than with MK.