What's new

Mortal Kombat X is "PRE-LOAD SUPPORTED" on PlayStation Store

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
For those of you who plan to download Mortal Kombat X when it releases on April 14th (for the US) you'll be happy to know that through the PlayStation store the game has "Pre-Load Support". What this means is you'll likely be able to open the game immediately at 12 midnight ET on Tuesday... which is awesome.

If you think about it, you'll likely be able to play before anyone else who is going to the store for the game!

mkxpreorder.jpg

Source: TRMK via Facebook

GGA Max

This couldnt be any more perfect. MKX, Kombat Pack, Goro, available to play immediately upon release and no stupid disc that I can accidentally break.

HYPE
I think it's pretty awesome if it worKs. If Sony made any errors it would be very rage-inducing. I am thinking I will go to game stop to be safe and also because we might get store-exclusive skins Like mk9.

I did pre order since I live in Venezuela it will take some time for me to get my 180$ edition, this means the download becomes available the day of release? or I can download it a few days before the launch and play it at lauch?

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
Well this is gonna be my Plan B if here in europe isnt going to be a seperate Kombat Pack in the store on Day 1.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Dude, we live in the age of Blu-ray, it's kinda hard to fuck discs up these days unless you leave them on the floor and wear golf shoes in the living room. :DOGE.
LoL

I'm usually pretty careful, but I got 2 kids and a dog that can be unpredictable. My 7 year old would play IGAU, take out the disc and lay it silver side down...sometimes on the carpet. So I'm happy with digital.

Besides. I dont need 100 PS4 game cases laying around anymore.

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
That is good news for the US, I have no faith in the UK they did not have this option for REmake so I will not trust them with MK X
Yeah I don't think Sony do this on this side of the Atlantic. I'm getting seriously worried about not getting Goro with my pre order as no one in Ireland is actually saying they have the Goro bonus, not being able to get the Kombat Pack which is apparently unavailable in Europe outside the Premium Edition which is too much for my internet to download in one sitting and even getting region locked out of some online features.

Yeah I don't think Sony do this on this side of the Atlantic. I'm getting seriously worried about not getting Goro with my pre order as no one in Ireland is actually saying they have the Goro bonus, not being able to get the Kombat Pack which is apparently unavailable in Europe outside the Premium Edition which is too much for my internet to download in one sitting and even getting region locked out of some online features.
I was going to pre order to get Goro but I refuse to buy from GAME. I will just wait.

Charybdis

We are returned! Death to the False Emperor!
I was going to pre order to get Goro but I refuse to buy from GAME. I will just wait.
At least you have the option. GAME shut up shop in Ireland about four years ago, I pass an empty GAME shop that's been up for rent for years on my commute. I genuinely think I'll have to pay for something users in other countries get for free despite doing the exact same thing they did which is just disgusting

trufenix

bye felicia
At least you have the option. GAME shut up shop in Ireland about four years ago, I pass an empty GAME shop that's been up for rent for years on my commute. I genuinely think I'll have to pay for something users in other countries get for free despite doing the exact same thing they did which is just disgusting
Holler at your gov't, dog.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
I really hope this option is there for the UK. I always get screwed by a day because I don't live in the UK Mainland.

E

Eldriken

Dude, we live in the age of Blu-ray, it's kinda hard to fuck discs up these days unless you leave them on the floor and wear golf shoes in the living room. :DOGE.
Even that wouldn't do anything to it.

I've tried scratching them with keys, knives, breaking them in half, etc. Nothing works. I want a house built out of Blu-Ray discs so it's indestructible.