What's new

Mortal Kombat X First Look at the Main Menu

We're exactly three weeks away from the official release of Mortal Kombat X so news of all sorts is to be expected. However, did you expect to see the Main Screen today? Well, thanks to Smosh Games Alliance, today we get a quick glimpse of what we can expect to see on release day!

NOTE: This may or may NOT be the final menu

Check it out!

Source :
@ 10:00 minute mark

edited/promoted by STORMS*

Last edited by a moderator:

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I fucking hope it isn't.

Why are they so stuck on the dead forest's dick? That stage isn't even the best looking stage in the game. In fact i'd say it's the least interesting and the least "MK" feeling out of the bunch. They really should just have the stages rotate so it isn't just the same bland wallpaper.

Last edited:

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
anyone know if "WB play" is different than "WBID" from injustice? WBID didnt work for Ireland and some other countries

Rice

SIRO FOR MK1
Also doubt its final.

Not only some modes are missing also the Dead Woods as background everywhere looks like placeholder to me.

The DLC Store in the middle of the screen is kinda ughh.

I fucking hope it isn't.

Why are so stuck on the dead forest's dick? That stage isn't even the best looking stage in the game. In fact i'd say it's the least interesting and the least "MK" feeling out of the bunch. They really should just have the stages rotate so it isn't just the same bland wallpaper.
They've said the background changes according to the faction you'll choose.

mfkaoz

Banned
I'm sure the copy of MKX they got isn't the copy that were all gonna get on release but even if it is, who cares? How much time are we gonna spend staring at the menu screen?

RexxyC

what's done is done
This cannot be the main menu; the placement on the actual menu is all wrong, why would they but story mode second from last? Also it's rather tasteless to have a giant beaming ad for the Playstation Store front and center. I would be extremely disappointed.

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
Clearly the other modes will show up if you scroll up/down but only five are shown. You guys act like you've never played a damn video game before smh
Edit- Actually I don't think that would be the case here as story mode is usually in the top 3 selection (For obvious reasons) and options is always the last selection and for story mode to be that low this is most likely a filler build.

Last edited:

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
This cannot be the main menu; the placement on the actual menu is all wrong, why would they but story mode second from last? Also it's rather tasteless to have a giant beaming ad for the Playstation Store front and center. I would be extremely disappointed.
Tell that to Team Ninja

BillStickers

Do not touch me again.
I fucking hope it isn't.

Why are so stuck on the dead forest's dick? That stage isn't even the best looking stage in the game. In fact i'd say it's the least interesting and the least "MK" feeling out of the bunch. They really should just have the stages rotate so it isn't just the same bland wallpaper.
You are grumpy.

RexxyC

what's done is done
As people have stated, who cares what they main menu looks like? You won't be spending time there anyway.
I see what you're saying, but the main menu/menus in general is what you're going to be staring at for a portion of the time looking for games. This is sloppy design.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
I see what you're saying, but the main menu/menus in general is what you're going to be staring at for a portion of the time looking for games. This is sloppy design.
You won't be staring at this searching for games. What should happen is that you go into a lobby and be able to practice while waiting. Also who says this is final?

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
As long as it's easy to understand... Not too busy... And doesn't have horrible music playing... I give no fucks...