What's new

Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter, Teased. We Know.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
I could see SFxMK working. They're both on 2D planes. I mean, they made SFxT work and Tekken has always been on a 3D plane but how well has that worked out for Tekken in all honesty? Not very well in the US. Tekken has a brutal learning curve on top of it all; mastering movement alone takes years. While I respect Tekken as a game it hasn't ever seen massive success in the US and I do not see Tekken ever reaching that point on it's own. It was a smart move by them to partner with Capcom.
But SFxT is a SF game, from Tekken it's only got character names and art. Tekken is dead in this game, consumed.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
But SFxT is a SF game, from Tekken it's only got character names and art. Tekken is dead in this game, consumed.
Yes and no, I wouldn't say Tekken is entirely dead, the series by itself is stagnant and has been for a very long time though in the US anyways. Tekken is still going to release their own games but I doubt they'll pass up the opportunity to do future installments of partnerships with Capcom. I just don't have any problem with SF using the SF engine for MK, the game will be better respected, the programmers will be competent, Capcom will probably do something innovative with it, the trainer will be good, online will be much better and the casual players will still buy it due to the franchises (casuals love SF too). Boon and CO just aren't very interested in thinking outside the box or adhering to the competitive players, let's face facts here.

Sure, there might not be any blood, but who cares? MKvsDC sold and that game was a piece of crap. All the prior 3D games sold too and those can suck a fart out of my ass.

Aris_adapted

Aristotle
It's my private opinion.
Too bad that SFvsMK will be released. I dislike cross-over games concerning MK. I think MK universe shouldn't be crossed with other universe.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
This. Who gives a flying fuck about the shitty fatals in MK9? Some generic decapitation fatality isn't even remotely interesting - hardly any creative thought went into the fatals for MK9.

Should've kept the friendships and brutalities.
A lot of people gives a fuck about fatalities and blood. MK is MK and much of his success comes from his unique atmosphere...take out the gore, and the game is going to sell low. Doesn't really matter if it has great gameplay or the resets are out, competitive players are only a small percentage of the ones who purchase the game and the average customer cares more about Goro being playable or cutting Sonya's head in 2.

axeman87

Noob
Guys... dont get side tracked about the business and also personall side of things regarding the idea of an MK and SF cross over.

The only question for a good game is... Are the 2 compatible?

Personally, I dont think so... not even close. The fighting mechanics are very similar. The main difference between the 2 games are the art style, approach and feel, which IMO are total polar opposites.

Its for this reason alone, that most of us dont 'get' SF and love MK.

Via_Negativa

Darkforge
This would be retarded.... Streetfighter would make no sense...

Tekken would be a much more appropriate crossover. Namco would likely allow the violence , the art style is more compatible, it has a very deep supernatural element to it (although veiled to the uneducated) and hell the control scheme is almost the same attack wise as of Mk9 (one button for each limb)

Shao-kahn vs azazel, or the ogre's.... that shit would be awesome.

Tekken or Killer Instinct... nothing else.

PND i2 Gaug3

NERF Everything, LEAVE Nothing
really if NRS and CAPCOM did this i wouldn't mind if the actual system was mainly sf with a few mk type tweeks cause Capcom knows and have much more experience in the competition side of things we could see the start of MK games continuously supported and not just by the mk hardcore fans and a few guys wanting to try mk out

Sasuga

Noob
You know, the more I think about the whole idea, the more I like it. Lose all the gore. The only problem would be fitting the character designs in opposite mechanics. 6 button MK characters seem silly and so do 4+1 button SF characters. Maybe they could make characters in both versions and call it MK-ism and SF-ism. ^ ^

KI-ism?

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
how would this work with subzeros freeze, cyrax's net, scorpions chain, and basically all free combo moves? those dont exist in sf. nor do the teleports that a large portion of the mk cast have. the only thing they would in theory do is create a whole new engine for the game, much like mvc has its own play style, even tho it is quite similar to sf its still its own thing. they could make their own new engine to suit the game, however the block button/hold back will be an issue since mk players wont like holding back, and sf players wont like losing their crossups. maybe a block button and you also have to push the stick in the direction the attacks are coming from? it would still allow crossups, and both sf and mk players would have to adapt, together.

but imo the characters themselves just arent compatible, mk has so much more ranged and mobility options, sf has like 3 zoners (i honestly dont know how many they have, but i know its not a lot.) all but a few mk characters can zone. which means that either the mk characters lose their tools, or sf characters start gaining ports and projectiles that make no sense

Saint

Noob
Here goes the dramatic nuts again. Look at those freakin covers and tell me they don't look dope as hell!

Don't like it? Don't buy it.

Personally for me this will be the coolest possible crossover there ever will be.

PND i2 Gaug3

NERF Everything, LEAVE Nothing
how would this work with subzeros freeze, cyrax's net, scorpions chain, and basically all free combo moves? those dont exist in sf. nor do the teleports that a large portion of the mk cast have.
Now you sound like you havent played a sf game Free combo moves... think counter hit FA crumple = free combo.... teleport your probably thinking oldschool SF where people didnt teleport and jumping and walking was the only way to get across map (lol sounds like a fps) but now sf characters are evolving a small portion of the cast can teleport while others can wall jump (crude but its the simplest way to explain) and both options arent safe so its just like what we have in mk

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
mk does not need things like that,it is the best fighting game,,,,,,,,,just don not do it,people make these changes when something is wrong,and this is not happening with mk,leave our gameplay alone,and by the way,how johnny cage will do nut punch against E.HONDA?his ass is is touching the floor!!!!!!!!seriously now it will be an mk vs sf the crap edition!!!!!! Leave it!!!!!!!

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
can you imagine Hold back, forward punch to do electric fly?

360x2 stick movement for Jax xray?

f d df PPP to teleport?

lol

Djmilez

Noob
I like turtles......but seriously NO this wouldn't work something more like MKxKI would seem more likely and more logical. We NEED KILLER INSTINCT TO RETURN!!!!!