What's new

Mortal Kombat Media Mondays! - The Pacifier

BanTheTesters

“My AGENT is tougher than you...”
Hello all this is Jay here (Jason Moore aka “Ban The Testers" on Twitter) again. Some of you TYM folk might know me as a tournament commentator for such events as Texas Showdown to the Insomnia Weeklies and for channels such as Kombat Houston for @Cat , and Panda X Gaming!

I’m Here to bring something a little new to TYM to show my love for MK and its community with an article series I have Dubbed “ Mortal Kombat Media Mondays” (working title) which will explore Mortal Kombat through popular culture such as Movies, TV shows, and Music (I assume it’s the theater student in me)! Now let’s meter burn this thing and get cracking (I am soooooo sorry about that one…)!

Some of you may or may not remember a little 2005 Film called “The Pacifier” staring “Fast 7” star Vin Diesel! The film was about a Marine who becomes an unexpected baby sitter for a stay at home mom after her husband is killed on a rescue mission. What follows is a series of whacky antics involving him babysitting the family while the mother is away.

The film went on to gross $198.6 million dollars off of a 56 million dollar budget…oh did I mention young up and coming actress Brittney Snow of “Pitch Perfect” fame is in this movie?

Totally lost my train of thought...what was I talking about again....?

Right so some of you might not know Vin is a pretty big fan of video games (and a HUGE fan of D&D actually) and believe it or not started his own gaming company in 2002 under the named “Tigon Studios” and released a game PUBLISHED by Midway games called “The Wheelman” (which is pretty much like the “Driver” game series by Reflections Interactive). But this is where things get interesting….

If Vin Deisal's WheelMan character "Milo Burik" touches your girlfriend at the club what would you do....?

If one watches The Pacifier they will notice a certain game franchise makes several appearances throughout the film. A certain game called MORTAL KOMBAT! Youtube user "Drahmina" has gathered these special scenes together for us to take a peak at!

Anyone else notice a KID playing MK Trilogy..?

That clip is pretty crazy right? You’ll notice the game’s Mortal Kombat 2 (with the trilogy Title Screen..?) from 1993 as well as Mortal Kombat Trilogy from 1996 (for what looks like the Playstation version) appear in the movie. I was going to make a note that isn’t it odd that this arcade machine is at a kids play place? Well then again I remember playing the arcade version of Mortal Kombat 4 at a Pizza Birthday Place way back when I was a kid myself so I guess the same applies here. But hey still a pretty cool fun fact!

Any-who I’m out of here for today but hey if you guys enjoyed this little article/thread please give it a “Like” and let @Tim Static and the TYM staff know either here or on twitter that you enjoyed it! Ill hopefully be back on Mondays to give you guys more of this stuff! If got to run, I have those Tater Tot things in the oven, see you all soon!

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/BanTheTesters

Source: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuMl1yyuN4ZFucCXnu_jcnw

Attachments

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
C'mon, you made this thread just to put that Maxim picture of your dream girl, admit it.

Last edited:

Israfel

Designer for BxA
I watched this movie this summer with my lil girl and cousins and noticed the mk appearance!