What's new

Mortal Kombat 9 Confirmed For The Fall Classic in 2014

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
The Fall Classic's inaugural collaborative tournament last year was a large and memorable addition to 2013's lineup of majors. The minds behind it (Big E, SweetJohnnyCage, LI Joe, and ShinBlanka) have their sights set on making it bigger and bigger each year, eventually building it into a second "supermajor" to completement EVO. Although we're still a ways away from this year's tourney, the list of games has already been solidified. And to the possible surprise of some, the list of games has a particularly noticeable inclusion:

In addition to returning favorites like Injustice: Gods Among Us and the addition of Killer Instinct to the lineup, Mortal Kombat 9 has been selected as one of the 13 games slated for the classic. From the depths of the Netherrealm, it makes a return to a very large stage in TFC, and provides an option for those looking to compete at a high level and win some significant money -- regardless of what happens with this year's EVO games selection.

This is big news for the game, and it may have some significant effects on players' training throughout the year.

Read more in the original article from Shoryuken.com:

Original Article:
http://shoryuken.com/2014/01/24/the-fall-classic-2014s-official-game-lineup-revealed-ultra-street-fighter-iv-blazblue-chronophantasma-super-smash-bros-melee-and-more/

Source:
@DarKNaTaS

Attachments

Last edited:

D7MHellcat

Frozen Earth
Fantastic!!

Everyone knows well in advance now so I really hope the guys that can make it there sign up for MK9 as well as Injustice.

Plenty of time to practice! No excuses!

If money's on the line I can't see a reason not to enter it.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Because I sucked, of course. -_-

Still...

*glances toward his Scorpion mask*
Quit being a coward and go rape some fuckers with that bad ass Scorpion. You know you want to! Just please for the love of God, do not bust out Sonya.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
would be awesome if you guys came to this
Ah man it was a joke.. I wish we could come.
They don't give Arabs visiting visas to the US that easily. You need a good reason, and I am pretty sure "playing video games" won't be one lol.
Not to mention the mad money we would have to pay for the travel.