What's new

MONTREAL MAYHEM BI-WEEKLY #5 We have a NEW King... MTL Hayatei Wins with TAKEDA!!!

zaf

professor
MONTREAL MAYHEM BI-WEEKLY #5 We have a new king... MTL Hayatei wins!!!

Hey Everyone! Welcome to another installment of our Montreal Mayhem series!! This weekend had the smallest turnout that we have had so far, with just 7 entrants. This is not due to a lack of interest in the game or anything along those lines. Comic con was just sharing the same weekend as our Bi-Weekly, so we lost some entrants this week to that.

In light of this, we decided to run a round robin instead of doing a bracket. For those of you who are unaware of how this works, let me explain. We have all 7 people play each other. Each match is reported until everyone has played everyone. Winner has the best record or goes undefeated. Results go in order of records. In the situation of a tie of scores, one player will rank over the other based on how their match against each other was, and even if this is not enough ( 3 way ties), rankings are based on total overall losses.

This was the Finale of our first season. Our next Bi-Weekly will kick off a new season. Jer walks away with the most points for this season. Followed closely by Ecodus and Zaf. AlexLOL, with his performance this week jumps all the way up to rank 4 of season 1, up from 7th.

As for the matches this weekend. I did not get to see them all as we were always playing games instead of a bracket.

However, Alex went 6-0. He ran a train on everyone. Against most of his opponents he went 3-0 or 3-1. It was only Jer and Zaf that brought their games to last match last round. However, this was Alex's week. He would spare no one and show no mercy. With his trusty Ronin Takeda, he went in on everyone with his patented light saber pressure. Mixing up with strings into light saber drops, frame traps and armor crushes, Alex was becoming the bully this week. Great Stuff Alex!!!

Congrats to AlexLOL a.k.a @hayatei !!

After this event, we have also "donned" Alex a part of MTL. His name shall include the tag in future posts as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GREAT JOB TO EVERYONE WHO SHOWED UP!!!!!

FULL RESULTS

1 - MTL AlexLOL ( Ronin Takeda)
2 - MTL Jer ( Spec ops Cassie Cage)
3 - MTL Zaf ( Master of Souls ermac, Bone Shaper Shinnok)
4 - MTL Ecodus ( Full Auto Jacqui)
5 - Yomi ( Spec ops Cassie, Dragon Naginata Tanya)
6 - T.Roll ( Swarm Queen D'vorah)
7 - MIKE ( Balanced Kenshi)

Here's the Final seedings for season 1:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...6J0zc01kZ2CqVrL5licLMDQ/edit?usp=docslist_api

Here is the Challonge Bracket

http://mtlfgc.challonge.com/mtlmkx5

Due to the format and lack of participants, we did not run a stream or record matches.

@Jer @Ecodus @T.roll @CanadianBaconX

Last edited:

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Any replays? Can't win something with Ronin and not post videos!
Naw nothing was recorded, we did round robin so it woulda been wtv anyway. Him and I play a lot so I'll start streaming our matches. He's extremely good

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Naw nothing was recorded, we did round robin so it woulda been wtv anyway. Him and I play a lot so I'll start streaming our matches. He's extremely good
Cool. My brother is just getting into this game and was liking Ronin a lot but struggling on how to incorporate his tools. Would be nice to point him in the direction of a player actually finding success with Ronin

Reactions: Jer

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Cool. My brother is just getting into this game and was liking Ronin a lot but struggling on how to incorporate his tools. Would be nice to point him in the direction of a player actually finding success with Ronin
Definitely. @hayatei TEACH PEOPLE HOW TO USE RONIN

GuerillaTactix

#bufftakeda
If a tree falls in the forest and no one hears it does it make a sound?? Furthermore, if Takeda wins a tournament that wasn't streamed to the community did it really happen? Sad day... But in all seriousness congratulations @hayatei! I'm beyond thrilled to hear you won. #GoRonin!! lol!

Reactions: Jer