What's new

MKX TEAM BATTLE AT COMBO BREAKER - WHO WANTS TO GO UP AGAINST EC?

How many players would you want to be on a team for a team battle / tournament?

• 5v5

Votes: 55 79.7%
  • 6v6

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • 7v7

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8v8

Votes: 9 13.0%

• Total voters

REO

Undead
OK so in two weeks there will be Combo Breaker hitting which is going to be the first HUGE major for MKX that a TON of players are traveling to. I figured I would make this thread now so we have some time to prepare. Who is interested in seeing a team battle go down and happen at this event? It can be right after pools before top eight on Sunday or right after top eight on Sunday. It will be streamed by @Sabin so I guess he will let us know his schedule on the best time this can happen.

tec.jpg

If any players are interested in participating, please post here and with the players you would like to team up with. You do NOT have to only team up with players on your coast, it can be teams of any players you guys choose. I know teaming up with players within your scene is more popular so I expect teams to be based around that but it's not required UNLESS that's what everyone wants to do or see happen. If that's the case, then it can be scenes vs scenes only. Otherwise anything goes as far as who can be on what team.

Players and teams confirmed so far:

Team East Coast:
SonicFox
Tom Brady
CDjr
REO
Cossner

Other Teams:

???

Team Specific Rules to decide on:

Q: Should it be character locked or loser can switch characters?

Q: Should it be 5 vs 5 or 6 vs 6? (or 7 vs 7, etc. etc.)

Q: Should it be first to two or first to three per match?

Q: Should it be order based and locked before the match starts via referee or captain of the team chooses a player to send after a loss?

Q: Single elimination or double elimination?

Q: Should it be $20 per player on the team and winning team takes all or high stakes $50 per player and winning team takes all?

Twitch Link - http://www.twitch.tv/eg_jwong

Last edited by a moderator:

Ecodus

I ain't got time to bleed.
This is going to be awesome.

Imo:

Loser can pick

5v5

First to 2

Captain picks

Single elim

High stakes!

REO

Undead
Also if you have a graphic of your team, you can post it in here and I'll put it next to your team in the OP.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Can we please get this recorded for the weekend warriors who can't watch live?

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
My opinion:

Q: Should it be character locked or loser can switch characters? Character locked

Q: Should it be 5 vs 5 or 6 vs 6? (or 7 vs 7, etc. etc.) 5 v 5

Q: Should it be first to two or first to three per match? FT2

Q: Should it be order based and locked before the match starts via referee or captain of the team chooses a player to send after a loss? Order based

Q: Single elimination or double elimination? Single Elim

Q: Should it be $20 per player on the team and winning team takes all or high stakes $50 per player and winning team takes all? HIGH STAKES

I also predict team EC vs team YOMI GF with team EC winning