What's new

MKX Request: REPLAYS and Hitbox display

Vagrant

Noob
I'd love to see NRS add replays to MKX. Not only do they serve as a good way to relive and share your favorite matches, they're also an important tool at identifying your patterns and habbits as a player. Often at match speed many players don't even realize they (or their opponent) fall into certain patterns during a match. Additionally this gives players the ability to identify opponent tactics and plan around them in training mode.

I'd also like to see the option to display hitboxes in training mode and replays. It's beneficial to developing a footsie game and prioritizing anti airs.

I apreciate the steps NRS takes between each game to improve. I think the addition of both of these features will advance competitive play and help players of ALL skill levels, to dissect the specifics of how the game works.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
This has been suggested a million times, at this point I don't think there's any way replays are not in.

Ecodus

I ain't got time to bleed.
Ps4 is always recording. Make the switch my friend!

The hitbox thing is a great suggestion (as is the replays thing)

Vagrant

Noob
This has been suggested a million times, at this point I don't think there's any way replays are not in.
Didn't see any threads about it but I only briefly looked. Hope this thread helps strengthen the demand for these features.

zaf

professor
Yea I guess this is something you got used from playing KI ?
I believe replays they have in the game show hitboxes right

I really do hope something like this is added.

Replays in Killer Instinct give the ability to show hitboxes AND the inputs for both players, so you can see exactly what they're doing too. I would like to have this option as well.

It's actually fun to go into replays and see how much some people mash. It's no wonder people break controllers, my god- I've seen some people who can put out a billion presses per second when they're at frame disadvantage...

Vagrant

Noob
Yea I guess this is something you got used from playing KI ?
I believe replays they have in the game show hitboxes right.
Correct.
Honestly I think replays should be a standard for fighting games now.

It's so unbelievably helpful to such a wide range of player skill.

Hitboxes are a touchier issue because maybe the developer doesn't want the hitboxes distracting from the aesthetics that they worked hard on. So I wouldn't be surprised if games refrain from putting them in. Personally I think they're awesome.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Iirc they had hitbox display in MKT for the N64 under one of the "?" Cheat menus.

No reason why NRS doesn't have the resources for any of this stuff

Every other competitive e-sports discipline already accepted the fact that replays are a mandatory part of a game. I'm relatively new to fighting games (just 3 years here) but i was surprised to see that almost no fighting game implements replays feature. I was raised by watching replays in warcraft 3, when it still was alive and performing well at all world tourneys.
I hope to see that feature venture to MKx someday.
AND btw - NO, recording with whatever that would be, ps share / or camera / or capturing video output with capturing software - is absolutely not the same.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Hitbox displays would be great. If Injustice is anything to go by I wouldn't be surprised to see a much improved training mode in MKX.

String reversals please.
This needs to be in also, only being able to select specials makes it significantly less useful than it should be in Injustice.

Mst

Noob
Didn't see any threads about it but I only briefly looked. Hope this thread helps strengthen the demand for these features.
There are alot of posts about in the wishlist for MKX thread. But i agree both are in my opinion mandatory to raise the level of play to highest possible level and there is no excuse to have them not in 2015 (not just "recording" but real replays).