What's new

MKX Raiden

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
So I decided to make this thread since it seems like this will be an upcoming trend. What changes do you think Raiden should have for MKX? I think Superman should be 9-11 frames to serve as a better whiff punish from long range and presence on screen. Raiden should have a projectile w different speeds at which they travel on screen(similar to zod). Tele should not be throwable during startup(invulnerable). He should have a low starter and more useful overhead. B312 should have an alternative that either isn't interruptable or hits low.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Glad you saved me time to make this thread...

He doesnt need that much but please:

dont make his HITBOX the size of Texas again.

Increase the speed on his Teleport and make it the BEST Teleport in the game (there's no reason why Cyblax should have a better tele).

I mean when you think of teleport you think of Raiden. Let that be his best move...

Superman should be cancelable (like why was is ok to Nomad Dash cancel or Ground Pound Cancel or etc etc and not let Raiden cancel a very very risky move)

3,3,4 and b312 shouldnt be so easily interuptable.

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
Glad you saved me time to make this thread...

He doesnt need that much but please:

dont make his HITBOX the size of Texas again.

Increase the speed on his Teleport and make it the BEST Teleport in the game (there's no reason why Cyblax should have a better tele).

I mean when you think of teleport you think of Raiden. Let that be his best move...

Superman should be cancelable (like why was is ok to Nomad Dash cancel or Ground Pound Cancel or etc etc and not let Raiden cancel a very very risky move)

3,3,4 and b312 shouldnt be so easily interuptable.
I spent the last year playing Raiden and I have to say..he doesn't even need all that. Someone that has very strong fundamentals would do extremely well with Raiden. Imagine for one second...if his walk speed was slightly quicker. His b312 is a pretty good whiff punisher that advances him forward a bit. Add that with a slightly quicker walk speed and MAYBE a faster f2 so he could use f24 as a anti air and good night nurse.

I've never seen a Raiden play strong footsies. It's always a bunch of b.s. setups that fail. Baiting and punishing is his strongest area imo.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
I spent the last year playing Raiden and I have to say..he doesn't even need all that. Someone that has very strong fundamentals would do extremely well with Raiden. Imagine for one second...if his walk speed was slightly quicker. His b312 is a pretty good whiff punisher that advances him forward a bit. Add that with a slightly quicker walk speed and MAYBE a faster f2 so he could use f24 as a anti air and good night nurse.

I've never seen a Raiden play strong footsies. It's always a bunch of b.s. setups that fail. Baiting and punishing is his strongest area imo.
I use F24 as an oki after 22B4 in wall kombo

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
I literally only use 332, b312, and f24. I keep it very basic and I've won more games by baiting whiffed moves and anti airing than I ever have. Sadly, it's even caused all my friends to quit playing and I've taken up the name, "walk back Raiden." lol
My favorite wall kombo is 334db22bf222b4then do f24 as opponent falls so that f2 whiffs but they get hit by the 4 as they get up. Unless they learn to block.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Inb4 @Chaosphere comes and shouts JUST KEEP HIS 1-FRAME STARTUP TELEPORT AND I'M HAPPY!!!
:DOGE
DUDE. HOW DID YOU KNOW?

Honestly though, the teleport HAS to be vulnerable to throws on startup. That just wouldn't be fair. Teleport was already REALLY good.

I hope Raiden is still a whiff punish/counter zone type character. I honestly have no clue what's going to happen. We may have more information after E3.

But you can bet your fucking ass I will be maining Raiden at release.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police

Mannnnn. My whole game was revolved around footsies. Also, Raiden's backdash is arguably the best back dash in the game. Almost NOTHING could catch my backdash after being in -1 to -3 situations except for kitana's d1, smoke's d3, and shang's d3... if I remember correctly.

I used to purposefully do block strings that would leave me at negative, then back dash into b312 and it would whiff punish almost every poke/normal in the game. Only fast advancing specials could hit me out of it. Get this... and you might think this is silly, but @Vagrant and @GGA Saucy Jack saw me do it almost a million times. But I would do a block string such as f23 into lightning ball. Lightning ball is -9 right? But it would cause slight pushback... just enough to where when ANYONE tried to get their punish I'd have enough time to teleport and full combo them for trying to play the game correctly. It was awesome.

F23 is a GREAT string. It's neutral on block and you can f23~ex shocker for full combo.

And Raiden's anti air was already TOP NOTCH with 1~vicinity blast.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior

His main problem was his main strings are interruptable. Fix that and his huge hitbox and he moves up the tier list.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
I literally only use 332, b312, and f24. I keep it very basic and I've won more games by baiting whiffed moves and anti airing than I ever have. Sadly, it's even caused all my friends to quit playing and I've taken up the name, "walk back Raiden." lol
Raiden can definitely turtle pretty hard. I was using some strategies before the end of the game's life that were working out pretty well for me.

Hear me out: after a blocked jump in punch I had a mixup game. It was either d4~teleport or f4. Now... there's no reason to ever block low against raiden after a blocked jump in punch. That's where d4~tele comes in. D4 will most likely hit. D4~tele on hit gives you either +3 or +4 so you could go for a cross up, another d4, f24 or whatever really. It didn't put them in THAT much of a crazy situation but it allows you to set up a whole different pressure game that they aren't used to.

Once they start blocking low after a blocked jip... then you want to follow up the jip with a f4. If the f4 hits you get a 35% combo or something close to there. If it's blocked... it has an extremely short block stun animation, although leaving you both at 0 so you can go for quick pressure, d1, d3, back dash into whiff punish, etc. It was good times. I suggest trying it out sometime.

Last edited:

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
Your assuming the game will run on the same mechanics and previous moves or character styles will be relavent to the new engine.

That's the problem
There is no problem. I'm not complaining about anything, just simply stating changes I would like to see (obviously) if MKX were on the engine and character builds were based on previous ones, since several games build on their previous game. Thread is opinion based and everyone it's entitled to their own.