What's new

MKD/A Charge Move Distance Tech

Chubbuddy

The Quirkiest
Hey everyone,
I will start by saying that I DID NOT find this out, and was originally found by ermaccer from where I had heard it. If this is known, then forgive me as I am not aware of this being found on here. If this has been found before, then that's cool, I just didn't know who may have found this out.

Certain charge moves will have a set range before it stops, right? For instance, Sub-Zero's Cold Shoulder goes about half-screen, making it a good whiff punish at that distance. HOWEVER, you can increase the range of this move and a few others that behave similarly to it. I don't know the full list of characters this works for, and I am unaware about Deadly Alliance, but it works for Sub-Zero in both D and A.

To do this, all you need to do is execute the move immediately after a backdash. This dramatically increases the range of the Cold Shoulder, as seen in this video:

The range increases to almost full-screen and manages to hit Tanya. This gives a bit more range to your whiff punishes and can make it easier to punish projectiles or other missed attacks at much further distances.