What's new

MK9 Unlockables Idea!

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
We all know that there's going to be some kind of "movie" like scene as an intro to the game... wouldn't be a badass unlockable to have a movie-type scene for all fighters?

Nightwolf Vs. Shao Kahn or Sub, etc

Get what I'm saying??

I just had the thought and think that it would totally own... you would basically unlock multiple movies of characters fighting.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I hate "unlockables" in fighting games.

That is all.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I hate "unlockables" in fighting games.

That is all.
How? It's something to work/play for... don't be a bitch. ;)

MKD had over what, like 600 unlockables??? lol N/S were unlocked in koffin DM, :D.

You don't think that'd be a kickass idea?

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
How? It's something to work/play for... don't be a bitch. ;)

MKD had over what, like 600 unlockables??? lol N/S were unlocked in koffin DM, :D.

You don't think that'd be a kickass idea?
Yeah it's cool, in RPG's. I play fighting games to play fighting games. If I have to do extra random stuff to unlock certain things, it's usually not worth it and just wastes time. If they get unlocked by just doing story mode and playing in versus/online, that would be fine. Unless they are something major like characters. I absolutely can't stand fighters where you have to unlock certain characters. I liked it when I was younger, but back then I usually just played by myself or with my brother. Just my opinion ;)

Dr Doggystyle

The #1 MK Kollector from the Netherlands
i didnt like the unlockable thing with the coffin
but when you defeat the boss and you then unlock another player that would be fine by me.
nothing more

Tim Static

Adminerator
I get watch Juggs means, but i'd like some secrets and hidden stuff, ala the old arcade MKs had. MK NEEDS this again.

i didnt like the unlockable thing with the coffin
but when you defeat the boss and you then unlock another player that would be fine by me.
nothing more
I agree. The Krypt was awesome in MK:DA........ok, just the sound EFXs (I still use the music and sound EFX from it during Halloween/Beggars Night:) )

But unlocking characters through beating the game or something like that is stupid and needs to forgotten. Or include a code or a choice when you first play the game for it. its dumb imo

sakis25

Noob
I would love to see those amazing CG video endings for every character instead of a stupid still image with a text.
Also a character bios menu with details for every unlocked character and also a detailed 3d view of the models.
Concept art galleries are also a great feature.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Whatever is cool besides character unlocks. That's the worst thing to do nowadays.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
I would love to see those amazing CG video endings for every character instead of a stupid still image with a text.
Also a character bios menu with details for every unlocked character and also a detailed 3d view of the models.
Concept art galleries are also a great feature.
I agree.

Whatever is cool besides character unlocks. That's the worst thing to do nowadays.
Yeah, I hate having to unlock characters.

On Vanilla SFIV, I didn't even have Seth for a while because just the thought of having to unlock him pissed me off.

sakis25

Noob
I agree.

Yeah, I hate having to unlock characters.

On Vanilla SFIV, I didn't even have Seth for a while because just the thought of having to unlock him pissed me off.
For me it is better to try a little hard to unlock a character than to buy him as a DLC or something like that. (in SFIV it was waaaaay too hard to unlock the hidden characters)
Also secret characters "[?]" like the good old days is a chalenge.

Unlocking alternate costumes is a better idea for me. Unlocking characters is ok but they only have to be the hidden characters like Goro and Noob in MK4 and not the ones that are shown on the select screen like in MKDA and MKD. Also, it would be nice to unlock new fatalities too. lol As long the conditions for unlocking these items aren't too difficult, I'll be happy with them.

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
I like unlocking characters. It gives me more reason to play the game and it kept me interested in the game longer. I hope for over half of the characters to be unlockable.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I like unlocking characters. It gives me more reason to play the game and it kept me interested in the game longer. I hope for over half of the characters to be unlockable.
I agree. I thought MKDC was lame in that aspect. I was all planning on playing the game all night to unlock everyone and when I started the game I was kinda like... wtf? Also, not having alternate customes was mega-fail... I hated that.

DevilJin

Noob
You to? To this day i never unlocked Seth because it wasted way too much time to get him, plus I knew I'd never pick him so I saw no point in trying.

Well, unlocking actual characters is a bad Idea since fighting games have online mode, but unlocking cool stuff like behind the scenes vids, costumes, concept art and all that is fun to do.

Hmm maybe they should have unlockable fatalities for MK9 instead of DLC ones.

Krayzie

Co-founder
Founder
You to? To this day i never unlocked Seth because it wasted way too much time to get him, plus I knew I'd never pick him so I saw no point in trying.

Well, unlocking actual characters is a bad Idea since fighting games have online mode, but unlocking cool stuff like behind the scenes vids, costumes, concept art and all that is fun to do.

Hmm maybe they should have unlockable fatalities for MK9 instead of DLC ones.
I agree 100%

SANS POWER

Banned
I just hope if we have to unlock characters it's not through the story mode. It should just be, beating the game with a certain character, like one of their rivals will unlock them. Also, if they do bring back the krypt, then I'm cool with unlocking stuff like that, that was a really sweet idea and it was tons of fun. It was a pain in the ass to go through the world in Deception and find Liu and other characters, totally ruined the experience in my opinion.

I hope I don't have to unlock Stryker, that would suck ass and I agree, hopefully the endings are actual cut scenes like in MK4. I hate the whole picture shit with a voice over, there's really no incentive to beat the game if that's what happens. Especially with games nowadays, they need to have cut scenes, because if it's just a picture with text, then I'll look up the endings online.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
I just hope if we have to unlock characters it's not through the story mode. It should just be, beating the game with a certain character, like one of their rivals will unlock them. Also, if they do bring back the krypt, then I'm cool with unlocking stuff like that, that was a really sweet idea and it was tons of fun. It was a pain in the ass to go through the world in Deception and find Liu and other characters, totally ruined the experience in my opinion.

I hope I don't have to unlock Stryker, that would suck ass and I agree, hopefully the endings are actual cut scenes like in MK4. I hate the whole picture shit with a voice over, there's really no incentive to beat the game if that's what happens. Especially with games nowadays, they need to have cut scenes, because if it's just a picture with text, then I'll look up the endings online.
I agree... and I'm pretty sure I heard that there will NOT be a Konquest mode? Correct me if I'm wrong but apparently this MK will be much different than previous ones.

:FINGERSKROSSED!: