What's new

MK9 Nominated as Game Informer's Reader & Editor GOTY "Best Fighting" Game & WBI Top 10 Publishers

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
While looking through the most recent issue of GameInformer I stumbled upon Mortal Kombat and Warner Bros Interactive being mentioned on a few levels. As listed at GameInformer's Top 50 games of 2011, Mortal Kombat is nominated at the "Best Fighting" game. To add to that Warner Bros Interactive is also listed at the #3 spot out of 10 for Top 10 ten publishers being noted for their Batman success as well as obviously, "the ultraviolent Mortal Kombat revival".

Once again, a huge Congratulations to NetherRealm Studios & Warners Bros Interactive for the continued success! Long live Mortal Kombat!

Attachments

WB does not deserve publisher of the year. The only publisher that pops into my mind that deserves it is Valve.

WB released Batman AC pc almost a month and a half after console version, released it with GFWL, and was unplayable on DX11. Not to mention some people who bought the console version brand new were missing the catwoman codes or had the codes misprinted. How the hell do you fuckup that bad?

Valve on the otherhand, gave everybody who bought the ps3 version of portal 2 a free pc version of it, gave free DLC, lowered the price drastically after meeting sales expectations and on top of that provided a GOTY qualified product. Not to mention they run Steam, which is the best digital distributor out right now.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
WB does not deserve publisher of the year. The only publisher that pops into my mind that deserves it is Valve.

WB released Batman AC pc almost a month and a half after console version, released it with GFWL, and was unplayable on DX11. Not to mention some people who bought the console version brand new were missing the catwoman codes or had the codes misprinted. How the hell do you fuckup that bad?

Valve on the otherhand, gave everybody who bought the ps3 version of portal 2 a free pc version of it, gave free DLC, lowered the price drastically after meeting sales expectations and on top of that provided a GOTY qualified product. Not to mention they run Steam, which is the best digital distributor out right now.
If you read the post it says GI gave it #3 so relax and I'm pretty sure Batman AC was GOTY material too. GI isn't worried about when they lowered prices, what free stuff it gave you or whether or not the game worked on your computer. WB had a hell of a year, end of story.

NOT TO MENTIONN Valve is a developer, not a Publisher.

If you read the post it says GI gave it #3 so relax and I'm pretty sure Batman AC was GOTY material too. GI isn't worried about when they lowered prices, what free stuff it gave you or whether or not the game worked on your computer. WB had a hell of a year, end of story.
They don't even deserve 3.

WB is a publisher and as a publisher you're responsible for releasing the game so that your customers can play it the way it is meant to be played and be happy about the product they purchased. Now if the customers are pissed about the product they purchase then both the developer and the publisher are at fault. Is it really that hard to understand?

Would you be happy if MK9 was released with only 2/3 of the game working? Yeah WB had a hell of a year, a mediocre year.

edit

way to ignore the other stuff as well. Things like not working codes for purposely cut out of the game material, DRM, releasing a game that wasn't tested for a month and a half later on another platform. It wasn't just about "whether or not the game worked on your computer" but more like the game didn't work on dx11 for any computer.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
They don't even deserve 3.

WB is a publisher and as a publisher you're responsible for releasing the game so that your customers can play it the way it is meant to be played and be happy about the product they purchased. Now if the customers are pissed about the product they purchase then both the developer and the publisher are at fault. Is it really that hard to understand?

Would you be happy if MK9 was released with only 2/3 of the game working? Yeah WB had a hell of a year, a mediocre year.

edit

way to ignore the other stuff as well. Things like not working codes for purposely cut out of the game material, DRM, releasing a game that wasn't tested for a month and a half later on another platform. It wasn't just about "whether or not the game worked on your computer" but more like the game didn't work on dx11 for any computer.
These games were made for console primarily. Not to mention Bastion? Which was a HUGE hit. They are referring to results and overall games. Not nitpicking like you are with everything you post about, it deserves higher but I'm sure those mishaps were taken into consideration.

Bastion success was inpart due to the developer. Not because of WB. It was WB that introduce the Catwoman pass in order to reduce the sale of pre-owned games, by purposely locking out content that was meant to be in the game. Essentially equivalent to an "online pass". And how about sometimes the codes weren't even printed correctly? or that the game didn't even have a copy of the code at all?

And how can you say AC was meant to be primarily console when they purposely spent development time to create exclusive pc stuff and boasted how the PC version was the "best" version and worth the wait.

I'm not saying WB is terrible, what I'm saying is they made a lots of blunder and that it was due to the licence developers (NRS, Rocksteady, Supergiant Games) that saved them.

This whole logic of "but they released an awesome game (when it works) that sold tons" as an argument for everything is retarded. This is the same reasoning people use to defend the developers of Skyrim, who again released a broken version of the game but this time on ps3.

Its not nitpicking, these are valid reasons of why WB doesn't deserve the praise. The developers do, but in this case not the publisher (minus WB handling of Bastion and MK)