What's new

MK9 & NEC Discussion: Ft. R.E.O., AtK, & Clark

Clark L.

F1 ftw.
The 15th anniversary of Northeast Championships is next weekend! As you can imagine, the fighting game community is sweating profusely from anticipation. As Mortal Kombat 9 is among the games to be featured at NEC, a selection of players have gone the route of broadcasting their pre-tourney analysis to you guys. Below is a full-length recording brought to you by @Clark Luthor, @R.E.O., and @CcTrust, featuring a discussion regarding MK9's possibilities for the incoming weekend. Check it out and feel free to give your comments below!

- post edited and promoted by RM GamerBlake

Last edited by a moderator:

coolwhip

Noob
"I think Kitana-Kenshi might be 4-6." I mean, we call Kung Lao-Cage 4-6, or Kung Lao-Sonya 4-6, or any of Lao's bad match-ups. There's no way in hell Kung Lao has as much a hard time against these characters as Kitana does against Kenshi.

Though I agree with REO about the points he brings up re: Cage.

EDIT: "There's no way Smoke is better than Cage. He has nothing those characters have. He has nothing that's great."

Oh boy, and that's only 5 minutes in.

Don't take this as criticism, this gets discussion going and I'm loving this, but the above statement is absolutely ridiculous. Smoke has nothing that's great. No great damage. No great anti air. No great footsies. Smoke bomb isn't great. No great pokes. No great runaway. B2 isn't great either. Nope.

EDIT 2: "If you can't block a 15 frame overhead, I don't know what to tell you." Holy fucking shit.

Also a 50/50 is not a vortex. Nobody ever said Smoke has a vortex. At least I hope not.

Last edited:

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
"I think Kitana-Kenshi might be 4-6." I mean, we call Kung Lao-Cage 4-6, or Kung Lao-Sonya 4-6, or any of Lao's bad match-ups. There's no way in hell Kung Lao has as much a hard time against these characters as Kitana does against Kenshi.

Though I agree with REO about the points he brings up re: Cage.

EDIT: "There's no way Smoke is better than Cage. He has nothing those characters have. He has nothing that's great."

Oh boy, and that's only 5 minutes in.

Don't take this as criticism, this gets discussion going and I'm loving this, but the above statement is absolutely ridiculous. Smoke has nothing that's great. No great damage. No great anti air. No great footsies. Smoke bomb isn't great. No great pokes. No great runaway. B2 isn't great either. Nope.

EDIT 2: "If you can't block a 15 frame overhead, I don't know what to tell you." Holy fucking shit.

Also a 50/50 is not a vortex. Nobody ever said Smoke has a vortex. At least I hope not.
he does have great pokes.. im saying smoke has good everything all around... but hes not the best at anything. he's a jack of all trades, master of none. i think you're missing the point i think smoke is really solid.

and yo this is just my opinion on some matters.. im not going to force you to agree? its just my thoughts on it. simmer down m8

coolwhip

Noob
he does have great pokes.. im saying smoke has good everything all around... but hes not the best at anything. he's a jack of all trades, master of none. i think you're missing the point i think smoke is really solid.

and yo this is just my opinion on some matters.. im not going to force you to agree? its just my thoughts on it. simmer down m8
I think he is a master of damage though, and footsies. I mean, those are two extremely important aspects.

Anyway, I've enjoyed this.

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
I think he is a master of damage though, and footsies. I mean, those are two extremely important aspects.

Anyway, I've enjoyed this.
cyrax is the master of dmg smoke has great dmg potential though. i think your missing the point. and yah he does have really good footsies too, but thats what im saying hes good all around the map but he doesnt specifically shine in any certain point. ex; cage dominates upclose, kenshi from a far, freddy from a far..

im glad you enjoyed it. i think mu discussions are fun to get into everyone has cool inputs to say on things and its interesting to see everyones thoughts on certain mus and share them.

and again if you listen to me i say "smoke is really really good", i never said hes sucks dood. these are just some of my thoughts on some things, but for whatever reason you're trying to blow me up for having an opinion. from what i remember in stream chat i told you my tier list chart, then u asked reo and he had like the exact same one as me. at first you were saying i was insane for some of the order, but when he got into discussion with you, "yah i agree i can see that".

not tryna call you out on anything, but its hard for me to understand your intentions?

Also, i do think some of the points you make are really good and you do make sense with some of your input as well. others i dont agree on all the way, but i mean thats your opinion and i just think its fun to discuss matchups from different people's points of view on them.

Matix218

Get over here!
Loved this, we need more mk9 podcasts (even though this was not a podcast lol). Looking forward to watching nec. Wish I could make it out this year but unfortunately it looks like I won't be able to :-(

Love hearing people talking and caring about mk9 again though!

Im with AtK, I'll still play mk9 even after mkx is released. New games dont have to replace old games, they can co-exist

Clark L.

F1 ftw.
Loved this, we need more mk9 podcasts (even though this was not a podcast lol). Looking forward to watching nec. Wish I could make it out this year but unfortunately it looks like I won't be able to :-(

Im with AtK, I'll still play mk9 even after mkx is released. New games dont have to replace old games, they can co-exist
thank ya sir, yea it was fun, especially since mix is so close

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !

haha thanks man! yeah and i agree if you enjoy a game why not keep fucking playing it?! i play umk3 and shit too and its hella old. no reason to just drop games u enjoy :)

mwelele zaza

Aioffe Belle
The 15th anniversary of Northeast Championships is next weekend! As you can imagine, the fighting game community is sweating profusely from anticipation. As Mortal Kombat 9 is among the games to be featured at NEC, a selection of players have gone the route of broadcasting their pre-tourney analysis to you guys. Below is a full-length recording brought to you by @Clark Luthor, @R.E.O., and @CcTrust, featuring a discussion regarding MK9's possibilities for the incoming weekend. Check it out and feel free to give your comments below!

- post edited and promoted by RM GamerBlake
Hi am using a mobile phone so I can't see the video can u please send me the video URL but edit it e.g you!tube.com/watch then I will just delete the "!" So that I can see the video thanks